PDA

View Full Version : BOOHOO.. i hurt my car!!

Nuttz
11-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi all

we'll i did it, i hit something with my car...
story goes... I was driving to work early this morning and as most of you know its freezing and the windows had dew on them i used my wipers to wipe off the front and the back windscreen. I drive down my street fine, but when i went around a round a bout to turn right the road faces directly towards the sun. So with the sun going straight in my eyes and the windows going all white cos of the fog inside i slow to a crawl cos i couldnt see a thing.. then BANG!:(:(:( :evil: :x :shock: I hit something... I didnt see it until I saw a car rolling away in front of me... I hit a ford station wagon with a lady driver and her kids in the back, she had just reversed out of her driveway :(:(:(:( i was probably only going like 20k's so it wasnt a massive smash.

my car: front end is wrecked. bumper, bonnet, 1 indicator, radiator leak, radiator support pushed in. :( their car: bumper corner cracked and exhaust pushed down( still very drivable). so got the ladies details and drove home :( had to pull out my backup car the old magna(lucky she starts).

After a crap day at work, come home to have a closer inspection,
the motor didnt get touched so thats not too bad. and it apears to be only the radiator support needs to be pulled out or replaced. and replace all other broken parts :( I've only got third party insurance too. :(

Now can someone please help me find a cheap panel better in MELB??!!

SiR
11-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about that mate - at least you're fine and the lady with the kids in the back are ok too.

But that seems quite a substantial amount of damage if you were travelling at 20 kays...but still, at least your car isn't too badly hurt.

Take it easy :)

geo41e
11-05-2004, 11:12 PM
dam, dude, glad ur ok.
shows how our cars are very fragile, and euro/assuie cars are more stronger.

insaying that, ur lucky u didn't hit a ped or anything which would of been pretty bad

third party?? makin me think twice bout it now!!!

hope everything goes well dude

CIVIC-R
11-05-2004, 11:25 PM
well look at the bright side of it... you can get ur self a new unique front bar. or even better do the EK front light conversion. looks good 8)

Mitch M
11-05-2004, 11:33 PM
unlucky

i face the same problem every morning on the way to work ... but i haven't hit n e thing ... yet ... i don't want to jinx it

TOYOL
11-05-2004, 11:34 PM
GO to JR Body works in Boxhill, good prices and good job too.

Nuttz
11-05-2004, 11:41 PM
thnks for the tip TOYOL

[[d a n n y]]
12-05-2004, 12:06 AM
whos fault?

donest sound like urs

alan
12-05-2004, 12:50 AM
JR fitted front bar cracked both front guards on my friends car and now its rusting

SIKCVC
12-05-2004, 12:53 AM
have you got EG or EK?

Nuttz
12-05-2004, 01:15 AM
Its an EG

SIKCVC
12-05-2004, 01:20 AM
I might be able to help with cheap indicators... depends on what happens in the next week though.

Nuttz
12-05-2004, 01:28 AM
coolies... pm me or whatever if you can hook me up :)
thanks heaps

toE
12-05-2004, 01:57 AM
sorry to hear bout this Viet...hope she gets back on the road without too much hassles...

sesshoumaru
12-05-2004, 02:24 AM
JR... where do i start?

i wouldn't recommend the place mate. That's all i'm gonna say.

Jus-10
12-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Before anything happens, make sure you tell your insurance company man...first rule is to never admit it's your fault no matter how obvious it may appear.

If she pulled out without looking then it shouldn't be your fault.

Just speak to your insurer to see what they say and they will investigate things from there or point you in the right direction.

**Ghost**
12-05-2004, 11:09 AM
dude jus10s right...if ur going straight and she;s coming uot of a driveway she shoudl ALAWYS be wrong!!!

philBo
12-05-2004, 01:20 PM
ditto...ppl backing outta driveways have to give way to other cars, cousin had an accident similar a few years back where he was the one backing out...
:twisted:

fusion_VTi
12-05-2004, 06:21 PM
sounds expensive mate. i had a similar incident but didnt do any damage to radiator or indicator just front bar and bonnet. all up 1800 but i got it on insurance. if u can get all aftermarket parts like CF bonnet and indicators etc i found they worked out heaps cheaper than factory H parts.

Nuttz
12-05-2004, 10:45 PM
hmm not sure...
ok the thing is when i hit her im pretty sure her reverse lights werent on. Like, she had just reversed out and was about to go forward. The corner which I came around you cant see cars approaching the round about so and I guess she could have not seen me yet when she was reversing out.

Also u could also argue that cos I was the one driving forward I should have at least stopped. I didnt really want to go insurance cos then premium goes up!!! but with third party I guess it wont be much anyways.. It just looks bad on my record. I havent told insurance yet cos I reckon I'd be in the wrong, and im hoping their repair bill is going to be cheap!!

**Ghost**
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
hey viet, i'll give the guy a call tomorrow about it if i got time ok? see if he can do it cheap... but i doubt it now since u gto radiator damage... u mite as well go to some guy who has a in-house mechanic, my friend only does panels

Nuttz
12-05-2004, 10:52 PM
thats what it looks like. :cry:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=534
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=536

Jus-10
13-05-2004, 08:39 AM
Man that so doesn't look like you hit her cars arse square on, that is nose to tail...

Seriously tell your insurer...that is what they are there for and besides, you may be surprised how much it actually costs to fix her car even though it appears minor

If what you are saying is true about how the accident occured, it is up to her to make sure the road is clear before she reverses out...by her reversing out, she should not force the traffic to slow down...it shouldn't matter if her reverse lights are on or not.

Go to your insurer or you will be up for a hefty bill.

**Ghost**
13-05-2004, 02:19 PM
hey te guy i asked said he probably would give u a good price... if ur just getting the front bumper sprayed, it shouldnt cost much... me and the other peeps got quoted 280 bucks for all body color codng...

Nuttz
13-05-2004, 11:01 PM
oh Jus-10. Your making me think about going to insurance... It would be good if they pay for my repairs!!!

but it would look bad on my record if they find out its my fault. I'm not sure.... I found out prices for parts for there car...

$90 for second hand ford bumper
$50 for second hand muffler

and $100 to fit it... but thats price from a wrecker. The lady wants to take it to panel beaters. which means about double price!!! or more!!!!

oh man.. its either $850 for excess + cost of my repair (if i go to insurance and they find im at fault)

or repair cost of the other guys car below$850 + my repair (if dont go insurance)

or $0 if i go insurance and they find its their fault!!! :D

hmm i dunno!!!!!!!!