PDA

View Full Version : 4-1 header installation

uetecu
16-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Here's a pic of my jdm 4-1 header which I need to install.

1. Just need to know is that white colour ring the flange or collector? (I'm not sure if its missing anything before I take it into the exhaust shop?)

3. Is it best to run a flex pipe or another method?

4. Is there any other parts I need before installing?

thx guys :)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/asianfly/Car%20Parts/2006_0716jdm4-10001sm.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/asianfly/Car%20Parts/2006_0716jdm4-10005sm.jpg

egSi
17-07-2006, 07:47 AM
^^^ yeah just pry it off with a screw driver if u need it

uetecu
17-07-2006, 08:34 AM
The white thing is a donut gasket that SHOULD slide off if you need to replace it. It sits between the FLANGE (part with the bolt holes) on the collector (end of the header where all the pipes are smashed down into one pipe) and the matching flange on the pipe or converter which ever you have next in line on your exhaust set-up. Do you have a gasket for the head flange end (part with the four pipes that goes onto the intake)?

thx for the info..

1. Should I be using the white coloured flange u see in the photo?
2. Can i just use my existing gasket for the head flange end part or do I need to buy a new one?

barefootbonzai
17-07-2006, 09:11 AM
You should be able to re-use both shouldn't be a problem. The only issue you will have is getting the right size flange to fit onto the donut gasket. You'll either have to get a JDM cat, order in a flange or an exhaust shop to fab you up one. Apart from that, there's nothing else you need.

uetecu
17-07-2006, 09:15 AM
You should be able to re-use both shouldn't be a problem. The only issue you will have is getting the right size flange to fit onto the donut gasket. You'll either have to get a JDM cat, order in a flange or an exhaust shop to fab you up one. Apart from that, there's nothing else you need.

ive got a custom cat so i will prob need to modify it to fit.

should i run a flex pipe?

barefootbonzai
17-07-2006, 09:33 AM
If they modify to cat with the correct Flange and run the spring bolts, there is no need for a flex pipe. :)

Limbo
17-07-2006, 09:51 AM
The flexi is better than the spring bolts, and you've got an EK i noted.
With the Ek you can't bolt up the support piece so i'd go flex so that you've got some play.

I'm using a flexi on mine at the moment

uetecu
17-07-2006, 11:04 AM
The flexi is better than the spring bolts, and you've got an EK i noted.
With the Ek you can't bolt up the support piece so i'd go flex so that you've got some play.

I'm using a flexi on mine at the moment

great..
the exhaust guys are having a look at it now so they'll let me know what they can do with it..

Are there any disadvatanges to bolting it to the cat oppose to running a flexi??

uetecu
17-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Just got it installed. These are really great at top end power!

Is it just me or does it give a whizzing type of sound?
my exhaust has gone quieter as well for some reason. I'm not complaining. :)

barefootbonzai
17-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Sweet, good to see some action and you enjoying it.

uetecu
17-07-2006, 04:28 PM
are those sounds normal?