PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Creek Raceway

nobbs
16-07-2006, 11:53 PM
hey guys, i did a quick search and didnt find nothing on this topic

so here goes...
i was just wondering if anyones taken their N/A hondas out for a track day at eastern creek raceway before? what sort of times did u get? what sort of speeds did u reach down the straight?

the reason i ask this is because im interested in going there for a track day but someone told me might not be a good idea for a n/a (daily driven b16a) car because its a high speed track, which would put strain on ur car in order to get up to those speeds and get any sort of decent time....also i was worried bout slowing the "higher" powered cars down too much seeing as the track is a fast one. also i was told there not much run off incase u come off the track...anybody had any problems with this? accidents?

ive been to wakefield a couple of times and i love it, but eastern creek is a lot closer to home (8-10 minutes drive from my place) lol....so i wanna try it out

the way i see it is that the track day im looking at is $225, wakefield is cheaper but i also waste a whole tank there and back (thats $60) so it ends up being almost the same price

anyways any opinions/comments welcome

thanks

jimmeh
17-07-2006, 07:32 AM
hey alex oran park is cheaper. i while back i wanted to organise a track day but now one was interested.
you pay $165 and there is activities included as well a drive along with a race car driver.
i suppose it would be cheaper if you didnt want to have the activities.
its a much larger track than wakefield.
sorry to high jack this thread

Astro
17-07-2006, 10:38 AM
alex...i think a car like urs, anything under the 2 mins bracket is a good time.

blackdc2
17-07-2006, 01:23 PM
eastern creek really isnt going to put any more strain on your car any more than wakefield.

aaronng
17-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Isn't Eastern Creek a high speed track and requires CAM licensing?

supernatural
17-07-2006, 03:47 PM
yes... eastern creek is a high speed track... i think they do require CAM license but not 100% sure on that...

i wanted to go eastern creek... but its "dangerous" for me... cos there are walls... whereas wakies much safer... but i would like to give eastern creek a go...when my driving improve... and when i get more track experience...

nobbs
17-07-2006, 04:24 PM
hey shaun i was thinkin bout going to the circuit club one which i think is in august, afaik u didnt need a CAMS license for that day, just purchase one on the day

but yeh, the walls are scaring me off

fatboyz39
17-07-2006, 05:37 PM
eastern creek will be at higher speed.

180+ down the straight and going 160+ around the first kink.

scary stuff

supernatural
17-07-2006, 05:55 PM
yeah... i heard there are ppl that actually crash going down the straight too fast... scary... the wall is the main reason why i havent been to EC yet... but would be good to experience and spectate... am thinking of going down there to spectate... :)

vtml
17-07-2006, 06:31 PM
I think I have posted this link 100 times at least:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165438

HRV-80Y
17-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I won a V8 Supercar Experience from work and drove a v8 around eastern creek its quite a nice smooth high-speed track...

would be quite good to take your own car around the track...+180 down the straight then into a hairpin its hektik !

tank
18-07-2006, 10:05 AM
In order to drive at Eastern Creek Raceway on practice days, you'll need a CAMS L2S licence. In order to get this licence, you need to join a CAMS affliated car club. I recommend the Honda Car Club of NSW. Check out their website and go to one of their meetings:

http://www.hccnsw.org.au

I drive my stock standard Honda Civic Vtir in Eastern Creek on practice days and competition. On semi-slick tyres, a well-driven standard Civic Vtir will do 2:00 to 2:02. The Civic is capable of 1:59, though.

Let me just say, there are slower cars out on Eastern Creek, even though they have 150 to 200kw.

nobbs
18-07-2006, 03:46 PM
the track day i was going to go to is for circuit club, no license needed as far as i know.......ill prolly go, would be good to experience

P.S when did u do that pascoe?!?! i didnt even know lol

gelo
09-08-2006, 12:26 AM
i will be there as well
1st timer

PaZzMaN-R
27-08-2006, 04:11 PM
yep im almost certainly going to be there aswell:) very excited. there going to be quite a few type r's there aswell.

Jomsy
30-08-2006, 10:10 AM
how bad is it that you need a cams license to do 180~200kms down the straight, yet a 16yr old can turn up with no license at all and run 240~260 down the straight on any 1000cc bike, so long as his parents sign a waver

how does that work

gelo
30-08-2006, 03:43 PM
passman u drive an ek4 right?
according to narada theres no one there in my class
noobs got em1?

ginganggooly
30-08-2006, 04:46 PM
the last couple of times i went there (over a year ago now), i didn't need a cams licence. I can't remember my exact times, but it was in the 1:56-58 region on semi slicks.

Turn one is a laugh, 4th gear bend at full tilt with the semi's, my guess is i was doing around 180km/h through that turn.

gelo
31-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I drive my stock standard Honda Civic Vtir in Eastern Creek on practice days and competition. On semi-slick tyres, a well-driven standard Civic Vtir will do 2:00 to 2:02. The Civic is capable of 1:59, though.

thats pretty good man
u been there alot?
went today for 1st time and i only got a 2:03 with only coil overs
i was aiming to get around ur time bracket
but couldnt

PaZzMaN-R
01-09-2006, 09:45 AM
gelo nope i was in the stock red dc2r used to have an ek4. we chatted. your a super smooth driver, i would be stoked with your times and its your first time out. very possibly room for improvment. what tyres did you run. i was the big white blond guy hehe. i think its a much much better track then wakie.

gelo
01-09-2006, 12:51 PM
o yeah i remember now
i thought u looked familiar
but i didnt know u changed to a dc2r - nice to meet u again

i was running g3's
had a pair of advan ad07 but i couldnt be bothered putting them on
EASTERN CREEK IS SO FUN!!!!

CRXVTEC
19-09-2006, 10:58 PM
The walls at Eastern Creek are not that bad. There are only a couple of places where you can come unstuck:

Turn 4 - looping it on the exit means you may hit the wall on the outside.
Turn 7 - putting a wheel off the track can result in a hard left turn into the wall.
Turn 9 - spinning and then slidding down hill to the wall on the grass - mainly when wet.
Turn 12 - coming onto the straight running wide and getting in the dirt and then shooting back across the track.

The main straight is not a problem at 200kph. You just have to be smooth on the wheel.

Over the last 10 years I have only seen a few cars actually hit the walls. Honda's being FWD would have less of a problem then high powered RWD cars.

My CRX B16a did a 1:59 on road tyres.
My Mazda MX5 does 1:43 on slicks

PaZzMaN-R
20-09-2006, 07:04 PM
yeh gelo was nice meeting you again. i kinda wish i had my civic to give you a run for your money:)

eastern creek is heaps better then wakefield. i dont know why everyone complains about it.

i did have a near miss with the wall comming up to turn 9, but thankfully gravel traps are there:)

i managed a 2.03.00 (stock car) was getting faster throughout the day. aiming to crack the 2 min mark in a stock car.

i advice all the have a go at EC. you will never look back.

tank
20-09-2006, 10:57 PM
thats pretty good man
u been there alot?
went today for 1st time and i only got a 2:03 with only coil overs
i was aiming to get around ur time bracket
but couldnt

2:03 for 1st time out is very good. Well done. A bit more practice and you'll get there. I compete in the CAMS NSW Supersprint Championship series, so have done many, many laps at Eastern Creek. My official best time is 2:00 and thats enough to win class 1A (0-1600cc, no modifications).

gelo
22-09-2006, 01:03 PM
2:03 for 1st time out is very good. Well done. A bit more practice and you'll get there. I compete in the CAMS NSW Supersprint Championship series, so have done many, many laps at Eastern Creek. My official best time is 2:00 and thats enough to win class 1A (0-1600cc, no modifications).

o wow
thats really cool

so theres a series where u can race stock cars?
thats awesome