PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

taiman
16-07-2006, 11:55 PM
hey guys unfortunately my car isnt in such good health....

i just got back from queensland for a weeks holiday then i tried to start my car...

at first it started, engine turned BUT as the initial revs drop to idleing point...
it would either struggle to hold it (half a second) or immediately drop and stall...

after doing that a couple of times i gave up and the next day i tried to start it again and this time it the engine wouldnt turn at all...

at first i thought it was a battery problem so i charged my battery overnight (out of the car of coarse)

but that not it!!

any help is still help...

thanks guys

and also i live in keysborough, melbourne.
if anyone was to lend me their code reader i would pay them for the time...
much appreciated guys

btw its a d16a8

dc2dc2dc2
17-07-2006, 12:02 AM
i had simliar problem in the sense that when i started engine it would just drop and stall. turned out to be my dizzy....but ur engine isn't turning on at all now so i dunno if thats any help.

Mr_will
17-07-2006, 12:11 AM
theres a good chance its the fuel pump relay - i had exactly the same problem on my da9. there is a DIY on resoldering it. try that, it might solve the problem, and wont do any harm if it doesnt.

okocimski
17-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I had the same problem, ended up being the ignition coil, get that checked out, i had 2 go on me when i had my d16a8

|JnR|
17-07-2006, 11:59 PM
does it just start and and idle for a quick sec then drop all the way down and stall ?

tRipitaka
18-07-2006, 12:01 AM
try these two DIY's..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31796

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32333

ECU-MAN
18-07-2006, 12:46 AM
also check for loose battery terminals

xcwizit
18-07-2006, 11:19 AM
If it doesn't crank at all when you turn the key.. Might be your starter motor. Starter motor might need to be re-conditioned or you get a new one.

Good luck mate, hope it al turns out well!!

taiman
18-07-2006, 04:33 PM
update guys

just got a mechanic to have a look at the thing
and it turns out that the engine is flooding with petrol but still wont turn...

is that of any help???
thanks for the support guys