PDA

View Full Version : Integra VTI-R Upgrades

Wazza
12-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Hello,
I recently bought a 1994 Integra VTI-R with 62000kms and am looking to do some upgrades. I am interested in side skirts, front lip and Type R wing (all preferably factory) for the exterior however I do not know where to buy them. My car has the standard wing, but does the Type R wing bolt directly into the same mounts as the standard wing? As well, for the interior I am interested in the Type R carbon fibre trim, red stitch shift boot and Red Recaros but again have no idea where to buy them from in Australia. Engine wise, I am interested in the Type R valve cover... same story. For performance, I am interested in a full exhaust system and air filter (not a pod) to begin with but am unsure what to buy and where to buy it. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it, and if you can suggest any further upgrades that would be great too (but as you have probably already gathered I don't want to go too over the top). lastly, can anyone give me their impressions on vtec controllers.

Thanks
Wazza

joneblaze
12-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Hi Wazza,

Welcome to OH. Should post up a quick Hello in Introductions.
62000kms on a 94 DC2? THat's awesome.
You might be able to source the ITR comestic bits from Honda, wreckers, or forums. The ITR lip you'll be able to buy here in Aus wont fit your 94 front bar. Do a quick search on Honda-tech.com and read up on the Comptech Type R replica lip, or similar.
You can probably get the cover off online sources/stores.
THe stock VTiR air filter is already a pod/cylindrical type, so any drop in aftermarket replacements would be similar.
WHere are you located? What is your budget for performance mods (eg. exhaust? Are you after local "custom"/branded headers?)

My only (n00b) advice is that you don't kit your VTiR to look like a full Type R. That would be pretending to be something you are not. :)

VTEC16
12-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Sell it --->Save--->Buy an R.

joneblaze
12-05-2004, 01:30 AM
That's abit harsh. That's what everyone used to say when I asked bout mods/advice with my GSi. "Save up and buy a VTiR."
Pfft. Eat a dick.
Do what you want with your car dude, and enjoy it. Just IMO, don't make it look or try and fake/become something it is not. :)

bennjamin
12-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Remember.

There is no Spoon.

fried
12-05-2004, 01:37 AM
62000 on a 94 TEG?! goooooodnesss.... thats less then most dc2 itrs around these days....

good find!!!!

i recks hover around these forums...most that sorta stuff goes on and off sale section all the time!

gl

VTEC16
12-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Pfft. Eat a dick.... Just IMO, don't make it look or try and fake/become something it is not. :)

When i first read the original post i thought it was a joke. He wants to do some 'upgrades'....like make it look exactly like a type R! Exterior/interior and engine bay!

Yes i was a bit harsh....and didnt write "IMO"....but the same message applies.

Dont tell me to 'eat a dick' because you drive a teg from the lower end of the food chain.

Whats the point in spending as much money to upgrade to a better car - just to have the looks of a better car?

joneblaze
12-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Pfft. Eat a dick.... Just IMO, don't make it look or try and fake/become something it is not. :)

When i first read the original post i thought it was a joke. He wants to do some 'upgrades'....like make it look exactly like a type R! Exterior/interior and engine bay!

Yes i was a bit harsh....and didnt write "IMO"....but the same message applies.

Dont tell me to 'eat a dick' because you drive a teg from the lower end of the food chain.

Whats the point in spending as much money to upgrade to a better car - just to have the looks of a better car?

ROFL... Mike, I meant "pfft. eat a dick." was my reaction to those people that put me down and told me to take my GSi (which I had owned for barely a few days) and purchase a car completely out of my price range.
It wasn't aimed at you matey.
And me and my little car are happy right where we are on the food "chain". :)

Wazza
12-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for your help already. I know that i can't fall into the trap of trying to make my car into a Type R when its not, I just want the Recaros, Valve Cover and Shift Boot to match the Red paintwork, and well the Type R Wing, it just looks great. I won't be putting any Type R badges on the car, it's just like bogans putting HSV badges on their VL commodores. I am in Tasmania unfortunatly which limits my options, but I would be willing to travel to Victoria for performace mods. At this stage I am willing to spend $2000 on performance. I have seen some Mugen and Spoon exhaust systems on the net but know nothing about exhausts. Just a few questions, what does ITR and OEM mean?? (Sorry I am from Tasmania afterall). Some background on my car, purchased from SA for $17500 including transport to Tas and 3 year warranty from car yard, one female owner. The only thing I have done so far is Tints, Alarm, Window Visors and Integra Floor Mats.

VTEC16
12-05-2004, 01:56 AM
ok - miscommunication - sorry mate.

:oops:

joneblaze
12-05-2004, 01:57 AM
ITR = Integra Type R
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer AKA STOCK.

Do a quick search and read up on OzHonda regarding exhaust setups/prices/mods/reviews. You might also want to check out www.team-integra.net , www.honda-tech.com and the Aussie section of www.clubrsx.com

ginganggooly
12-05-2004, 03:30 AM
lol. can't win hey...
buy a gsi, "should have saved and bought a vti-r"
buy a vti-r, "shoulda saved for a type-r"
buy a type-r, "shoulda got an s15"

my advice is to buy whatever you can reasonably afford, and turn it into what YOU like ;) **** what anyone else tells ya.

m2h
12-05-2004, 08:39 AM
lol. can't win hey...

my advice is to buy whatever you can reasonably afford, and turn it into what YOU like ;) f*ck what anyone else tells ya.

That is SO TRUE :x

man.exe
12-05-2004, 08:54 AM
I think I saw on ebay someone was selling a typeR style valve cover for around $350ish. There's also a carbon firbre spark plug cover as well.

That's a common mod that most US GSR's (they call VtiR's GSR) do.

A'PEXi
12-05-2004, 11:05 AM
theres a guy selling a performance chip in the for sale section if your interested :D

Javed
12-05-2004, 11:43 AM
ROFL... Mike, I meant "pfft. eat a dick." was my reaction to those people that put me down and told me to take my GSi (which I had owned for barely a few days) and purchase a car completely out of my price range.
It wasn't aimed at you matey.
And me and my little car are happy right where we are on the food "chain". :)

Hell yeah GO THE GSI WOOT! :D :) :P

reyesone
10-11-2004, 05:42 PM
hahaha represent the GSi WHAT WHAAAAAT !!!!! hahaha

spoondc2
10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Hello,
I recently bought a 1994 Integra VTI-R with 62000kms and am looking to do some upgrades. I am interested in side skirts, front lip and Type R wing (all preferably factory) for the exterior however I do not know where to buy them. My car has the standard wing, but does the Type R wing bolt directly into the same mounts as the standard wing? As well, for the interior I am interested in the Type R carbon fibre trim, red stitch shift boot and Red Recaros but again have no idea where to buy them from in Australia. Engine wise, I am interested in the Type R valve cover... same story. For performance, I am interested in a full exhaust system and air filter (not a pod) to begin with but am unsure what to buy and where to buy it. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it, and if you can suggest any further upgrades that would be great too (but as you have probably already gathered I don't want to go too over the top). lastly, can anyone give me their impressions on vtec controllers.

Thanks
Wazza

If you put type-r side skirts, lip(doens't fit), and wing(yes, it bolt straight on, put you will leave a big hole which is for your brake light cable) on to 94 teg, it will look very funny, trust me

Carbon fibre trim... well, they are bit expensive but it's not hard to get, also the red stitch shift boot, it cost very cheap, Red Valve cover, just take off your stock one yourself, get colour code and grap some high temp paint..done... Air filter, get k&n, just cut your stock filter, leave the adaptor and bolt on RU2820 K&N universal filter, same thing... and then remove the air box resonator inside the bumper and run a custom CAI pipe, exhaust system, cheapest way is to get JDM 4-1 exhaust manifold, 2.5 inch cat. 2.25 inch mid pipe and 2.5 inch exhaust pipe. In this stage, a VAFC is quite enough for you, just keep driving until you know more about the car before considering further upgrade. You will expect about 100kw on wheel power here.

Oh yeah.. sorry... the body kit... maybe you should look for mugen copy front lip, side skirt and c-west rear bumper and 3D Carbon fibre GT Wing about half height of rear wind screen, you won't regret it

Once again, all personal opinion only

SiR CRX
11-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Sorry to hijack but just a quick question guys, will a Top Fuel Power Chamber for the Integra Type R fit a VTi-R? I have heard a lot of parts for the Type R are not compatible on the VTi-R.

tanghy
11-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Sorry to hijack but just a quick question guys, will a Top Fuel Power Chamber for the Integra Type R fit a VTi-R? I have heard a lot of parts for the Type R are not compatible on the VTi-R.

it will not fit

tanghy
11-11-2004, 01:14 AM
the TB are in a diff position , thus won't fit

fried
11-11-2004, 01:54 AM
yeah dc2 is upside down.

i alwasy wondered why though. cos b16a and b18c5 all have their tb upwards.

tanghy, u know why?

demonic_sol
11-11-2004, 02:03 AM
yeah dc2 is upside down.

i alwasy wondered why though. cos b16a and b18c5 all have their tb upwards.

tanghy, u know why?

YES!..cause honda designers were drunk & depressed, they had a mass piss up came home and designed the VTi-R. :D.

Realising their mistake they all sat down sang 'coom-baa-yaa' and prayed to the Honda god who enlighted with the ITR path. :thumbsup:

demonic_sol

tanghy
11-11-2004, 02:08 AM
YES!..cause honda designers were drunk & depressed, they had a mass piss up came home and designed the VTi-R. :D.

Realising their mistake they all sat down sang 'coom-baa-yaa' and prayed to the Honda god who enlighted with the ITR path. :thumbsup:

demonic_sol
:thumbsup:

tanghy
11-11-2004, 02:09 AM
no seriously, it's b/c the c2 has a dual stage manifold thus the TB is situated lower
the dual stage works, otherwise why did they reproduce it on the k20?

spoondc2
11-11-2004, 03:09 PM
It's because the design could produce more mid-range torque than Type-R

SiR CRX
11-11-2004, 04:00 PM
So will a Type R manifold and throttle body fit a VTi-R and are there any advantages of having it?

tanghy
11-11-2004, 04:05 PM
So will a Type R manifold and throttle body fit a VTi-R and are there any advantages of having it?

manifold no
throttlebody yes

changing to a single runner will promote more top end as they say..

spoondc2
12-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Type-R throttle body fits on a Vti-R ?
without modification?

spoondc2
12-11-2004, 03:22 AM
Actually for Vti-R ppl, if you pull the vaccum line on the valve, the 2nd runner will keep open, but someone said it will lose power(actually i don't agree but...), anyway, there are also another theories, which is to change the rpm of 2nd runner open from 5800rpm to 5500rpm, it will produce 4ps more on dyno

griffin
12-11-2004, 06:09 AM
you guys are hilarious,
A 94 vtir with those Ks is an awesome find.
everyone knows that with all those mods u'll be up for a few grand and u can easily afford a type r for around 22k anyway. but every car lover knows that building the car, and cutomizing it urself if 99% of the fun, whether it be a simple shift nob change or dropping in a new engine.

its been 6 months now i wonder how ur car looks wazza.

Wazza
12-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Hey guys,

I don't know how this thread has surfaced again, how embarrising. 6 months on the Type R wing, carbon fibre, stitch boot and valve cover have definately been canned, thanks to this forum for opening my eyes. My car is still stock, only had new tyres and a couple of services, but over christmas hopefully I will be buying a Mugen twin loop cat back exhaust, either Toda or Mugen header (opinions?), and K&N FIPK or Mugen Air Box (does the airbox fit a VTi-R, something to do with air conditioining I dunno)...

Wazza

Yspool
12-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Sounds good wazza just do wat you want, how you want when you want after all its your car!

Wat colour is your car?

Check out my VBgarage i have the side skirts i think that you were after if ya wanted to see em.

Cheers
M

spoondc2
14-11-2004, 01:57 AM
Hey guys,

I don't know how this thread has surfaced again, how embarrising. 6 months on the Type R wing, carbon fibre, stitch boot and valve cover have definately been canned, thanks to this forum for opening my eyes. My car is still stock, only had new tyres and a couple of services, but over christmas hopefully I will be buying a Mugen twin loop cat back exhaust, either Toda or Mugen header (opinions?), and K&N FIPK or Mugen Air Box (does the airbox fit a VTi-R, something to do with air conditioining I dunno)...

Wazza

Yes and No for the Mugen box fitting issue, it "does" fit... but... you need to cut the bottom part of the intake to fit. will you do it? What i did is bought a Mugen Box copy, made by other materials(i really don't have any clue what is it, it's very light though) instead of carbon fibre, but exactly the same look, size and using the same filter, so depends.........

z10
14-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Yes and No for the Mugen box fitting issue, it "does" fit... but... you need to cut the bottom part of the intake to fit. will you do it? What i did is bought a Mugen Box copy, made by other materials(i really don't have any clue what is it, it's very light though) instead of carbon fibre, but exactly the same look, size and using the same filter, so depends.........

you dont need to cut the box to fit. perhaps you got the wrong model ?

ginganggooly
14-11-2004, 11:42 AM
the solenoid that controls my intake runner is busted and remains open. when dyno dave tied it shut i gained about 5-10 kw all the way through the rev range till 6000rpm, where it dropped off dramatically.

spoondc2
14-11-2004, 02:03 PM
you dont need to cut the box to fit. perhaps you got the wrong model ?

DC2R ABS model, i think it's right, but i think you need to cut a small section of the under piping to fit, do you have any pic that it would fit without any cutting and stuff?

kenshin
14-11-2004, 02:12 PM
lol. can't win hey...

my advice is to buy whatever you can reasonably afford, and turn it into what YOU like ;) **** what anyone else tells ya.

i got money... but i still got the type-r :P

spoondc2
14-11-2004, 03:54 PM
i got money... but i still got the type-r :P

hahah cool........ time for Mugen S2000......

edw-R
26-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Try type R cam first. I heard some vtir changed type R cam can win Type R. I know this is unbelieveable. Anyway, i am sure, you can make more power.

spoondc2
26-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Well....... yeah get CTR cam if possible, with proper tuning and balance setting, it makes power close to Toda A(only for vti-r ppl), just make sure to get valve springs also, change vti-r intake side to exhaust side then but Type-R intake springs back to intake side, and you're done