PDA

View Full Version : 12"sub in 6th gen accord

Shaggin Wagon
17-07-2006, 04:54 PM
hey guys iv got my 98 accord 50th edition thingo.
installed a sub on the weekend, its average 12" pioneer in a sealed box, decent amp...
anyway i found that i cant really get the best out of the sub becoz it seems like the boot is sealed too well, sounds great wen the boot is open or the seat is folded down, but wen its all closed, its still ok, but not as good.
also has anyone had any common problems with boot rattles with subs, i havnt sound deadened it as yet but it seems like the boot lid itself, possible the boot skin is vibrating? if anyones come across any let me kno. cheers

Nuttz
17-07-2006, 06:34 PM
when i used to have subs my number plate rattled the most. i had to shove some foam padding behind it to stop it. I have heard of people just using bits of old rag and squeezing it in places most likely to rattle. Most common rattling is the parcel shelf, number plate, plastic panels inside car and boot skin if its an old car or u got some good subs :)

EuroDude
17-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Which way is the sub pointing? Usually if you point the speaker to the rear, it sounds better.

Shaggin Wagon
17-07-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah i had that in mind but the box doesnt fit in there that way, it fits perfectly in a recess if i face the box towards the front of the car.
thanxs for ur help guys....

also do u guys think a ported box would be betta? and also a ported parcel shelf?

integraz
17-07-2006, 09:25 PM
what sub is it.. like what pioneer model.. 306c?

If so, u have got it in a totally wrong box.
The 306c needs to be a 50L- ported box tuned to 30hz.

Also what amp are u running..a nd how much power?

And also is your car a wagon?