PDA

View Full Version : Need some help choosing audio..

twiggy
17-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey guys I own a Hatch Civic:honda: with some audio: Epsilion Splits, Alpine HEad unit, Blaupunkt Velocity 4x 100rms and a type s 300rms sub..

I want more doff doof bass in my car i want to get a mono block amp and keep the type s.. which will mean this 400rms alpine mono block amp will create bigger doof for my type s which is now putting out about 250-300rms max atm.... or I upgrade my sub aswell to a type R. My type s is running about 250rms off a 4x100 rms amp with the splits.. do u rekon i just get a bigger amp and leave the type s or upgrade my sub aswell??

Hope ur not confused.. i dont think though there will be much difference between the type s and type r sub with a 400 rms alpine v power mono amp.

Wat do u guys think i should do.. Im on a budget but want more alpine gear cause its the shit..:D
Thanks

integraz
17-07-2006, 09:17 PM
umm, nice system u got there.

Um definately get a dedicated mono block, itll be a great difference from the 250wrms, not just the amount of power from it, but the monoblock being very efficient, and more "stronger" than normal class a/b amps.

And yes there would be a difference from type-s and type R.

But firstly get the mono, and then if its not loud enough, go the type R

JaCe
17-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Is there a lot of difference in the quality of bass from a subwoofer between a 4ch amp bridged, and a dedicated mono block amp producing the same output per channel?

Eg. My Rockford pushes out 98w RMS per channel (so bridged = approx 200). Would a dedicated 200w RMS mono block amp make my P2 sound any better or not?

twiggy
18-07-2006, 09:11 AM
umm, nice system u got there.

Um definately get a dedicated mono block, itll be a great difference from the 250wrms, not just the amount of power from it, but the monoblock being very efficient, and more "stronger" than normal class a/b amps.

And yes there would be a difference from type-s and type R.

But firstly get the mono, and then if its not loud enough, go the type R

Ok cool, I think im going to get a Type R anyways cause im getitng it cheap with a box....
The mono block amp i want is 220RMS at 4ohm or 400rms at 2ohm...
The type R is 4ohm so does that mean i must have run my amp on 4ohm??

marcs
18-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Are the type s subs dual 4 ohm voice coil? If it is you could run the coils in parallel and utilise the amps power at 2ohm, probably something you can't do when bridging 2 channels.

Monoblocks are designed to do one thing, and that is to run subs. It's their job and they usually will produce better results than bridging 2 channels.

twiggy
18-07-2006, 02:57 PM
yes i am currently running the subs at on 2ohm....
Does anyone know if comp insurance covers auido in your car... Or do u have to pay more to cover extra expenxes.. and if so how much more would u have to pay..
I currently only have third party.

micka
18-07-2006, 03:20 PM
maybe, best to call your insrance company. Some sompanies will cover audio systems to a percentage of your car's value, some will have an absolute max value of the system (eg $2000 regardless of what car it's in), some will not cover audio at all, and you may need to seek insurance through alternate means (broker, attatch it to you home insurance, etc). Unfortunately the only way to find out exactly what's covered and what's not and how to fix it is to get in contact with your insurance company.

integraz
18-07-2006, 06:02 PM
the TYPE R should be dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm,
just make sure its DUAL 4OHM, so u can parrallel them and get a 2 ohm load.
Making the most out of your amp.

Also, yes Class D amps are much better at running subs, they have btter power supply and are more efficient than Class A/b [ 2/4/5 channel amps].

For subs, depending of impedance

Class D > Class A/B amps

Class D, also run alot cooler, and won't use as much current, so ur chargin system is more happy, so no dead batteries

shinji112
18-07-2006, 10:10 PM
you should probably get a mono block with a higher power rating.. like 500w rms because i was gonna spring for the type R sub aswell.. but my JBL mono block is rated at only 300w rms so it was recommended that i get a type S sub instead

integraz
18-07-2006, 10:38 PM
also, where did u get your epsilion splits? price if u dont mind me asking?

twiggy
19-07-2006, 03:44 PM
also, where did u get your epsilion splits? price if u dont mind me asking?

I got them from Gold coast car sound.:p .. Darren hooked me up back in January... I payed for the Arachnid EAA6.1 $200:D ... they retail for more though..

twiggy
19-07-2006, 03:52 PM
you should probably get a mono block with a higher power rating.. like 500w rms because i was gonna spring for the type R sub aswell.. but my JBL mono block is rated at only 300w rms so it was recommended that i get a type S sub instead

yea im going to certainly now but am tossing up between the MRP-M650 V-Power Class-D Mono Amplifier which is 600W x 1 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (1% THD)] or at 400W x 1 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (1% THD)].. that bad boy retails
for $500....... or

MRP-M450 V-Power Class-D Mono Amplifier 400W x 1 RMS [2Ohms @ 14.4V (1% THD)] or at 4ohm 220W x 1 RMS [4Ohms @ 14.4V (1% THD)]

Both Alpine... I have narrowed it down to these two... What one do u rekon i should buy?? Im not really fussed about the price but a type s will run much better with any of these amps...
The type r is 4ohm so im assuming the first one would be much better with a 400rms at 4ohm... (type r is 500rms)..:p
give me your thoughts...:D

shinji112
19-07-2006, 05:25 PM
spring for the MRP-M650 if u dont mind the price! i was just in a car this afternoon with 2x Type R 12" and MRP-M650 powering them bad boys.. as well as a pair of Type R splits.. 0mfg i wanted to cry with happiness.. definitely gonna get a pair of type R splits for myself after i get rid of all the damn rattles in my door.. Type R ftw y0!!

twiggy
19-07-2006, 05:53 PM
spring for the MRP-M650 if u dont mind the price! i was just in a car this afternoon with 2x Type R 12" and MRP-M650 powering them bad boys.. as well as a pair of Type R splits.. 0mfg i wanted to cry with happiness.. definitely gonna get a pair of type R splits for myself after i get rid of all the damn rattles in my door.. Type R ftw y0!!

Ok thanks bud... I was steering toward that beast anyways...
Yer cant wait now.. Will keep u informed on how my sytem turns out.. If its anything like my type s has turened out it should be INSANE!!!:p