PDA

View Full Version : dc2r standard lowering

typerinside
18-07-2006, 10:50 AM
can i adjust/lower a stock dc2r shocks/springs, or do i have to replace the whole set for a coilover/springs?

airbofilter q, i have a apexi power pod filter w/stainless piping ATM, i was thinking of putting back the standard close box airfilter, which would be better?

quangsta
18-07-2006, 11:07 AM
no you cant adjust or lower you stock suspension....at the minimum you'll have to buy new lowering springs to go with your stock shocks....(not worth cutting or compressing springs at all)

but buying springs wont let you adjust the height it will just lower our ride...if you want adjustability then you'll have to get adjustable shocks, coilovers or i think there called something like coilover springs or something (pretty much height adjustable springs that sit with your stock shocks).

as for airbox..im assuming its an SRI so theres on a pipe from the intake manifold to the pod filter and nothing after that...if thats the case personally i think it would be better to put the pod in the stock airbox system if it fits.....otherwise just get a CAI and put the pod at the end of it...

hope it helps...