PDA

View Full Version : Euro Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror

Rubber
18-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey there

I have had a bit of a look around and, as I am new to the "modding" scene, have found no useful info. I was hoping one of you could point me to a supplier of this cool item (retailer? forgeddit!).

I am about to try a Harmon Kardon iDrive (yes I have the SNHOND3 loom) install and thought I would add a gadgety mirror addition to my fiddle (if it is possible to install by an amateur).

Ta :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
18-07-2006, 05:29 PM
which state you from?

yfin
18-07-2006, 06:08 PM
We have a new section "where to buy" - but I seriously have no idea what you are looking for...

a gadgety mirror addition to my fiddle (if it is possible to install by an amateur).

EuroDude
18-07-2006, 06:34 PM
He wants a Euro Lux auto-dim mirror on his Euro Std. And so do I ;)

Rubber
19-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey folk

I have a Euro Lux 2004.
I live in Victoria.
I titled this thread "Euro Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror" because that is what I am looking for...

yfin
19-07-2006, 07:14 PM
ok I have moved it back to the accord forum now I understand you better :o

Perhaps another way of putting your question - is whether or not someone has put the lux mirror on the standard and how it was done , aye?

What are the benefits of this auto dim mirror? Never seen it work.

As for finding one - surely a wrecker would have one but not sure how these are wired up

deeps
20-07-2006, 12:55 AM
hmm yes what are the benefits? I have the euro lux, and it has auto dimmin mirror but i've only had it for one night and dint have any issues...

Slugoid
20-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Since when did the Euro Lux have auto dimming mirrors?? I feel robbed every time I hear about the new revisions :(

Auto dimming mirrors, I assume you're talking about rear view mirrors that automatically dim when it gets too bright at night cos of other driver's headlight.

aaronng
20-07-2006, 01:13 AM
I think it's a 2006 Euro feature.

Tobster
20-07-2006, 09:50 AM
It's new in the 2006 lux model -- and they are absolutely fantastic. I thought they were a bit wanky when I first read about them, and wasn't overly concerned about it as a feature -- but they are really good.

Instead of either being blinded by headlights behind you, or having to flip the dimmer so all you see is dim lights and nothing else, the autochromatic mirror automatically takes the glare out (I presume it works similar to those glasses that change with light) -- no dazzle from the headlights but you can still see everything else clearly -- it just seems to take on a greenish tinge.

It is a seriously under-rated feature!

Rubber
20-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Are they a wired-up or self contained unit?
Running wires around the windscreen seems a little difficult, but the wiper-detector is right there...

EuroDude
20-07-2006, 10:39 AM
The unit may just need a 12v power source, so you should be able to tap into an existing 12v line in the roof to power the mirror, but you would want a 12v power source that is only powered when the car is "ON" so the battery does not drain overnight, in which case you could probably tap into the sunroof power line.

Not sure about mounting the unit, I would imagine it wont be too hard with minimal mods.

Rubber
25-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Okay, all of this is cool info.

Where can I get one? (Not retail. Retail is for sukkas)

Tobster
25-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Guess you're going to have to do without or be a sucker then...

EuroDude
25-07-2006, 10:47 AM
There are aftermarket ones available on eBay~
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTO-DIM-DIMMING-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-COMPASS-TEMPERATURE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33699QQihZ0 18QQitemZ280009838542QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

Comes with a:
COMPASS, TEMPERATURE, ICE ALERT