PDA

View Full Version : When do i need Hondata/VAFC

**Ghost**
12-05-2004, 11:18 AM
As topic sez, when exactly do i need to change management? After I/H/E? Before? or during?

VTEC16
12-05-2004, 12:19 PM
You never 'need' it.

Though It is useful before, during and after - just depends whether you have the funds to tune it before and during....or just after.

BLKCRX
12-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Tuning will always result in more power, simple. The more accurate / advanced the ECU your tuning the better the outcomes, period. Generally when ever I do any Dyno tuning I always do before and after run’s for the customs as part of the whole package.

Iv tuned numerous totaly stock B engines stock intake and exhaust etc, and gained anywhere from 8 – 12% doing further modifications such as intake / exhaust can either help make more power or in some cases loose power, if the wrong bolt on parts are used.

With the K engine the new DC5’s were seeing 22% - 25% power increase from a totally STOCK car just from tuning with Hondata. There’s no doubt that tuning and adding the ability to your car to have it tuned is a great modification. Not only does it give more power but you get greater driveability and a more economical car.

Regards James

**Ghost**
12-05-2004, 02:51 PM
ahhh ok thanks then... where do i get a HOndata from in Melb? and are there many tuners around?

mo
12-05-2004, 02:53 PM
ahhh ok thanks then... where do i get a HOndata from in Melb? and are there many tuners around?

Look at James (BLKCRX) location. He is in Melbourne :)

**Ghost**
12-05-2004, 03:01 PM
sweet... so want one just to make sure my i/h/e mods which are all coming next month will be worht it... just didnt know when...

i kidna wanna hide it in the ashtray... just for the novelty of it

mo
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
sweet... so want one just to make sure my i/h/e mods which are all coming next month will be worht it... just didnt know when...

i kidna wanna hide it in the ashtray... just for the novelty of it

Hide what in the ashtray?

Umm...the Hondata isn't like a VAFC.

**Ghost**
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
ah u mean it doesnt come with the dash console? daminit... ah wlel i'll get it neway...form over function...

BLKCRX
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM
If you want a dash... get the datalogging upgrade and either a palm pilot ;) like this

http://www.hondata.com/images/palmlog.gif

or a laptop like this..

http://www.hondata.com/images/hondalogger1.gif

way more sexier than a blue screen ;)

A'PEXi
13-05-2004, 12:04 AM
nifty screen there :D similar to the microtech program which i had a play with haha

mo
13-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Haha I'd take the laptop one over a blue screen anyday :D