PDA

View Full Version : 94 Accord - Front Speaker Size

Toe_knee
18-07-2006, 07:57 PM
hey

i have driven a honda accord 94 for a while now and recently decided to change the speakers at the front.....my question is does any1 know how many inches it is.

i was thinking of buying type R splits...would this fit straight in or is there adjustments that need to be made??

cheers

Mr_will
18-07-2006, 10:48 PM
do you not own a ruler?

Rico
18-07-2006, 10:55 PM
^man hes asking for help, gay keint comments like that are what makes ozhonda a shitty place so next time dont bother posting, that and its easier to ask for help before taking your car apart and risking breaking something just to check the size and then have to put it back on, feel me?

Bro not sure what size type R splits are, but I'm 99% sure the stock CD5 front speakers are 6" as I replaced mine with 6"pioneer speakers and they fit in perfectly. Any bigger and you'll be having problems with the window glass.

Mr_will
18-07-2006, 11:06 PM
^man hes asking for help, gay keint comments like that are what makes ozhonda a shitty place so next time dont bother posting, that and its easier to ask for help before taking your car apart and risking breaking something just to check the size and then have to put it back on, feel me?

a) the service manual is not hard to come by, and would contain all this information

b) if he is going to break if by pulling the cover off, he obviously wouldnt be able to replace it himself anyway, you are obviously extremely ignorant

c) if you think that just because people get flamed for not searching first, that it constitutes it being a "gay kient" comment then you have serious issues with reality.

d) the fact is that ozhonda is plagued by people who come here and dont bother to search first. they need to realise that we are happy to help (as you would see from my rep, if you'd bothered to look), but they expect that you make the effort to find out yourself first.

If you have anything further to say, keep it to pm, nobody wants to read more of your shit.

TypeG
18-07-2006, 11:21 PM
lol
a)where u can find the pages which tell us something about the speakers? Take my manual and find me that page.
b)we need to take the whole door trim in order to see the speakers. Not just the cover like the old Honda.

a) the service manual is not hard to come by, and would contain all this information

b) if he is going to break if by pulling the cover off, he obviously wouldnt be able to replace it himself anyway, you are obviously extremely ignorant

c) if you think that just because people get flamed for not searching first, that it constitutes it being a "gay kient" comment then you have serious issues with reality.

d) the fact is that ozhonda is plagued by people who come here and dont bother to search first. they need to realise that we are happy to help (as you would see from my rep, if you'd bothered to look), but they expect that you make the effort to find out yourself first.

If you have anything further to say, keep it to pm, nobody wants to read more of your shit.

Mr_will
18-07-2006, 11:26 PM
lol
a)where u can find the pages which tell us something about the speakers? Take my manual and find me that page.
b)we need to take the whole door trim in order to see the speakers. Not just the cover like the old Honda.

a) i was referring to the service manual. i dont need to find the page to prove it, its just silly to think it isnt there.

b) like i said, if you cant confidently get the door off, you shouldnt be attempting to replace the speakers in the first place.

|N|
18-07-2006, 11:29 PM
my mate just replaced speakers ... i ll ask him wat size and get back to u ...

EuroDude
18-07-2006, 11:47 PM
You cant just replace the stock speakers with the same diameter speakers since all speakers are different, i.e. they have larger frames, the magnet protrudes out the back further.

Without any mods, you should be able to get 5.25" speakers in there. If you choose 6.5", test them before purchasing them to make sure they fit in the hole and dont hit the window.

yfin
19-07-2006, 01:39 AM
pls make sure you put a subject in the thread heading in the future (ie not - "i have a question")- it helps people who just browse the index for items to read.

I have altered the thread subject

Xplodin
19-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Ok guys Settle down its not a war of words on here. MrWillz U prolly caught Rico on a bad day. And Rico, i know ur a cool dude so just chill, I'll agree with ur first comment, but he was prolly being a smart arse.... who knows.

Back to the topic....

Toe nee, its 6" but the mounting depth of the speaker has to be a shallow speaker. Not to sure the depth, cos any larger it will hit ur Glass window. Not to mention the Brackets that comes with the car. Just get some spacers. Let us know how u go about it.

I'll take pictures of mine when i get round to it taking my door off again to adjust the speaker unit.

h22a accord
19-07-2006, 12:52 PM
they are 6", the trim is pretty easy to get off. one screw behind the crome door handle and another in the arm rest.

most likely you will have to cut the back of the oem speaker cradle off with a hacksaw.

i did mine a few years ago. 1st mod ever to my car.

itchyrichie69
19-07-2006, 01:07 PM
im trying to do a similar thing atm too. how do u get the door trim off. H22a accord said something about a screw behind the door handel ...how do u get the part with the door handle off once the screw is removed? my car is a 95 accord is there much difference? ?

Rico
19-07-2006, 05:27 PM

Sorry mate but my "shit" is more useful than your "shit" so whos the ignorant one? In the future keep your "useful" comments out of the accord forum and not post smart ass comments that have don't help anyone out - is that so much to ask? We dont need comments like your first and second ones, no matter how ignorant or non observant some members are. No point replying to this cause your comment won't be useful, only post if your going to help someone out....mkay?

Xplodin, its just these "noob" bashers de-mean the notion of a "community". Everyone's here to help, if there from another forum and post shit that makes people feel unwelcome and doesn't help them out then they deserved to be told, enough said.

itchyrichie69
Once you take the screw out of the door handle, pretty much theres a metal wire that is connecting the door to the door handle. It places itself inside a small hole thats inside the door handle which in-turn when pulled opens the door. All you have to do is lift the door handle up or down till it comes out, easy stuff.
After that if you want to take off the whole trim take out the second screw in the control console (console with all mirror, window buttons), and pull that out (disconnecting the wires) and then theres a plug in the top right hand corner, pop that out, after that theres a part behind the mirror which you can lodge out (the black piece) and after that pull the trim up carefully without breaking any of the plugs that are on the other side (if you need pictures ill be glad to take them for you).

itchyrichie69
19-07-2006, 05:37 PM
cheers man, pictures would be a massive help...that would be much appreciated..

mr_mojo02
19-07-2006, 06:14 PM
dude the accord (well a cd5 anyways) will easily fit type r's with a spacer, but you DO need the spacer. You will also find that the standard 6" inch speakers sit in this plastic cradle kinda thing. You will need to remove that.

I can get you some pics later if you still need them.

Mr_will
19-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Sorry mate but my "shit" is more useful than your "shit" so whos the ignorant one? In the future keep your "useful" comments out of the accord forum and not post smart ass comments that have don't help anyone out - is that so much to ask? We dont need comments like your first and second ones, no matter how ignorant or non observant some members are. No point replying to this cause your comment won't be useful, only post if your going to help someone out....mkay?

if people didnt get harsh replies for posting stupid questions that they could easily find the answers to with a bit of RESEARCH, then this forum would become even more stupid than it already is.

you remain the ignorant one. it is obvious that you have failed to understand the points i made

mr_mojo02
19-07-2006, 06:58 PM
it is obvious that you have failed to understand the points i made

I dont get them either. Care to enlighten?

Its not like it was a trick question, it was a simple one to answer rather than being a shitstirring smartass.

Why should he need to do a search when he could have had an answer in one post and 2 minutes.

yfin
19-07-2006, 07:06 PM
if people didnt get harsh replies for posting stupid questions that they could easily find the answers to with a bit of RESEARCH, then this forum would become even more stupid than it already is.

you remain the ignorant one. it is obvious that you have failed to understand the points i made

Don't worry about it Mr Will. It appears you don't quite like noobs (looking at your signature!). Everyone was a noob at some stage!

I, for one, don't want the accord forum to be an intimidating place. If a new person has a legitimate question they should ask away. Of course I would prefer everyone search before they ask a question - but sometimes it takes a post or two before a newcomer knows that is how things work here.

Not all threads in the accord forum are (or should be) highly technical questions just to suit people who have lots of experience with cars, like yourself. If that means ozhonda is 'dumbed down' to suit everyone - that is the price we pay.

Rico
19-07-2006, 07:14 PM
^ look you can post as many aggressive replies to as many noob questions but in the end theres always gonna be idiots, noobs or people who don't search, either deal with it or move on ok? call me ignorant but im here to help people not tell them off

itchyrichie69

1. is the first screw to undo, once thats off you can pull out the door handle.
as you can see from the second pic theres a bit attached to the door with a wire.
2. pull it out/pop it up, how ever you like, it comes out easy, once thats done move onto the other things like the screw in the control console.
3. is the plug you pop out, easy said.
4. pop out this black peice, its kinda hard at first (dont break the clips) just like slide and pop it out or however you feel it.
after that theres plugs on the inside, if you move the trim off easily they should all come out perfectly, i broke a couple of mine the first time and their expensive to replace so try do it the best the first time.

[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3435/pic123123123131312312313mo5.th.jpg] (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic123123123131312312313mo5.jpg)

its not that clear but you should be able to do it yourself.

yfin
19-07-2006, 07:19 PM
nice work Rico

poid
19-07-2006, 07:39 PM
you can actually fit a 7" speaker in the stock location with a small spacer and no cutting, the only issue in your case is the depth of the speaker.

Cant remember off hand what the exact depth of the Type-R's is

razaman
19-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Rico - that's not your car in the pictures is it? I assume the image came off of a US forum?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4839/lockyd6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I've never seen the lock bit - that's where the electric window switch is. Do the americans have manual windows in the lower base models?

Raz

Rico
19-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I took these pics of my car man, theres usually a piece that goes over that "lock" piece (lost it), dunno never used it before as there was no switch in it :S

razaman
19-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Sweet, just had a look at mine - popped the cover off and it's just blank.

I had a momentary loss of memory as the electric window is of course on the armrest on the drivers door!:o

Raz

h22a accord
20-07-2006, 07:15 AM
that lock button is a blank switch to control the door locks.