PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Coilovers - Opinions Please!

Twincam16
18-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey guys, im considering these coilovers for my Delsol, but cant find any reviews or know anybody that has fitted them? Does anybody on here have any idea what they are like? They are $1000 and they are the cheapest "named" coilovers ive seen, and the only ones that are close to my budget without going for sleeve coilovers.

What are the specs on these? I know they are damper/height adjustable, but is there anything im missing as to why they are a lot cheaper than the others? Its really bothering me to fork out a grand when I end up with a dud product...

SKUNK2 Pro Series Coilovers
https://www.skunk2.com/Merchant2/images/products/FULL%20COILOVERS05.jpg

Also, what do I have to adjust to get my castor angle raised on my delsol?

Thanks again!!

czy_sol87
19-07-2006, 01:09 AM
i think these are just height adjustable, not damper

z3lda
19-07-2006, 01:37 AM
i have omnipower coilovers on my sol

fully adjustable height and damper

and around the 1k mark and can be purchased locally.

Klayemore
19-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I have the fronts installed on my Gen2 and am very happy. It's low as ****, but it still rides quite comfortably compared to my old lowered springs.

I need new control arms to fit my rears however. Should be bout a week.

They are only height adjustable, but the damper I am happy with.

Twincam16
19-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Would it be worthwhile getting these? Or just going for some KYB Agx's and fitting some springs that wont screw up the balance.

At the moment have standard shocks with king springs and the ride is bumpy & shit. Screws with the shocks, and wears the crap out of the inside of my tyres. If i get these shocks, I will probably need a camber kit to re-adjust the camber.

Klayemore, how did you find the lowering aspect, also, are they re-buildable?

z3lda
19-07-2006, 05:18 PM
dont get coilovers without adjustable dampers. not worth the payin 1k for something that can't adjust dampers.

elim
19-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Twincam, I guess it really depends on your purpose.
I'm not sure on the prices for KYB Agx's but I'm guessing if you get a set of these shocks + springs will equal the cost of coilovers.
Since you've got king springs, I've read off this forum that some people are happy with king springs + yellow konis (damper and height adjustable, limited though).

hey z3lda, where can you purchase omnipower locally ?
Tried to PM you're inbox is full. PM me with an answer if you want, thanks.