PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Setup in Euro Lux

_CiVIC_
19-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey guys just curious to know if/how this could be done.

Those roof mounted dvd players with the screen to be installed in a Euro Luxury. As you all probably know the Euro Luxury comes with a sunroof, so ultimately I'd like to get the roof mounted dvd player to sit almost in the middle of the roof for just the backseat passengers.. is this possible?? I only ask this as the sunroof could be a problem to work around.. any ideas? any pics of this being done??

cheers. :thumbsup:

ICACHA
19-07-2006, 09:45 PM
anything is possible, depends on how much you think you want to spend and how much it will actually cost you...

stephen8512
20-07-2006, 09:05 AM
alf
the sunroof of the euro lux is indeed in the way and if u decide to mount a flipdown it'd have to be a little further back and wont be in the middle because obviously the glass for the sunroof is taking that space up
i suggest just getting headrest monitors for back passengers

_CiVIC_
20-07-2006, 09:47 AM
thats right steve, the sunroof actually goes inside the roof yeah?

in the next couple of months theres going to be some big changes in my garage hahaha ;)

hrmm just a thought if i were to get one of those roof mounted dvd players, running the power line and AUX line down the back of the car then through the door seals of the car to the standard deck.. The standard decks have AUX output don't they? I think that should be sufficient, dont ya think?

aka_NSX
20-07-2006, 09:54 AM
The standard decks have AUX output don't they?

its not AUX O/P but AUX I/P what you need, and the euro as far as i know it doesnt have the AUX I/P i know it says CD/AUX button on the deck but actually its doesnt have unless if there is a changes on the current model one

_CiVIC_
20-07-2006, 10:01 AM
hrmm.. so with an AUX output what could i get from that? is it just there as a waste? on my type S i have an AUX output on the front of the deck and my portable dvd player produces sound from my speakers..

wouldn't it be the same??

stephen8512
20-07-2006, 02:21 PM
hahahah lookin forward to the changes alfy!!! EUROOOOOOOO BROOOOOOOOOOO :D

for me personally, when i mod my interior and ICE, im gonna get an aftermarket LCD headunit so i dont have to worry about all taht AUX shit...
and ive been told that a flipdown is possible but for rear passengers to view it with comfort, it will be VERY close proximity with the sunroof as the sunroof slides in, not like the type S where it goes outside and over the roof.

i plan on gettin a 10" alpine flipdown when i mod mine as well as headrest monitors etc :D

also, alf u might wanna have a look at this thread too. ghetto LCD DVD monitor custom job but it works and looks the goods

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8749&highlight=euro

_CiVIC_
20-07-2006, 02:27 PM
steve i checked that out bro and it looks alright but how the heck did he mount that flip down screen?

thats not a euro luxury is it?

Yes, yes a Euro BROOO!! :D hehee i'm going ricky dees this weekend to test drive one :D :D w00t w00t!!

stephen8512
20-07-2006, 05:31 PM
he mounted it on the sunglass holder
that position is where the factory sunglass holder is on the euro

aka_NSX
21-07-2006, 12:24 PM
what about something like this

half din motorized 7" monitor looks :thumbsup:

Fr3aKi3
21-07-2006, 03:23 PM
^^^

I want................. lol

That looks really good, much better viewing angle as well since it's higher up.

EuroDude
21-07-2006, 03:42 PM
^^^ lol thats mad, how did you make that custom dash mount?

_CiVIC_
22-07-2006, 10:21 AM
hrmmmmmm thats interesting, but isn't there usually something in its place there?? like the climate control?? :confused:

EuroDude
22-07-2006, 01:00 PM
No its an empty space above the air vents, unless the car has the stock GPS Nav option, in which they add a small screen up above the vents.

_CiVIC_
22-07-2006, 02:31 PM
oh cool!

LXRY
26-07-2006, 12:19 AM
went for screens in the head rests (7 inch's) used original head rests, dvd player under the seat, front passenger. will look into screen in the front too, soon. will post pics soon

stephen8512
26-07-2006, 12:56 AM
can u post a pic? cuz the euro headrests are sorta trapezium shaped and i thought it woulda been hard to get a 7" in the OEM headrests. a 5" one would fit but i'd like to see pics of the 7"s u had flush mounted in the headrests plz

_CiVIC_
26-07-2006, 09:42 AM
yeah i would like to as well..

did you DIY as well? I wouldn't trust myself doing something like that LOL! would have to get either my brother or my cousin who's an interior trimmer..

just imagin fookn it up, farkn catastrophe!

LXRY
26-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I had them professionally done. Everywhere I asked they said that i had to replace my original headrests, wasn't happy with that, cause i wanted my oem headrests not some monster looking thing. Eventually found someone to do it, this guys a pro... He modified or reupholstered the back of the headrests.

LXRY
26-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Some more.....I'm very happy with the quality of the work done

ooops....where did my attachments go? I'll try again

_CiVIC_
27-07-2006, 03:01 PM
WOW!

that looks awesome!!

where abouts is the player mounted mate?

top job! :thumbsup:

LXRY
27-07-2006, 05:03 PM
WOW!

that looks awesome!!

where abouts is the player mounted mate?

top job! :thumbsup:

The player is under the front passenger seat...he wanted to install it in the compartment in the front under the stereo and climate control but the dvd player was too wide..(was trying to fit it without taking the the lid off). He stitched the carpet up so it acts like a protector, there is a bit of velcro on the player and carpet so it sticks aswell. I could tell this guy was a pro cause he was oozing with confidence when we were talking about what and how he was gonna do it even his wharehouse was spotless, clean neat and tidy just the way i like it...:D

_CiVIC_
27-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Mate thats awesome work!

Can't wait till I get my euro and juice it up like that :thumbsup:

LXRY
28-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Don't let them tell you that you can't get 7inch screens on a euro headrest.....It can be done, hehe

stephen8512
28-07-2006, 12:54 AM
nice work there LXRY
although i have to say, its KINDA lost its original trapezoidal OEM headrest shape
but nonetheless looks the goods
when i get my screens done, it'll be basically slave screens running off the main LCD headunit which will be determining wat will be showing in the headrest and the flipdown monitors

props man

LXRY
28-07-2006, 01:34 PM
nice work there LXRY
although i have to say, its KINDA lost its original trapezoidal OEM headrest shape
but nonetheless looks the goods
when i get my screens done, it'll be basically slave screens running off the main LCD headunit which will be determining wat will be showing in the headrest and the flipdown monitors

props man

Yeah sort of lost it's shape at the back only. He tried to keep as much of the shape as possible, but obviuosly he couldn't because of the size of the screens. Please post your pics when you get them done too, I'd love to see them too...

I can't even remember what the original shape looked like lol. Spewing too cause wanted a before shot too. Do u have a pic of an oem headrest ?

This is what I was told, to replace my head rests with lol, yuk...

Ugly huh.....

stephen8512
30-07-2006, 02:12 AM
theyre not TOO bad i guess