PDA

View Full Version : Gear Problem..

fuze
20-07-2006, 04:28 AM
1997 Honda Civic Coupe EK VTi..
Condition: wet at night (4am)
Here's the problem, i went over a island (road seperator) that looked like a trianglular shape with a 4-5 inch hight whilest turning.. The gas pedle went in more and there was no response to the throttle..
Transmission fluid was dripping badly but then there was no cranking or thumbing sound to the gears whiles the engine is on and the car rolling..
The things is that could the transmission be fixed or do i have to buy a new one, or could it be just the throttle system..?
How much is it to fix and/or buy a new transmission..?
Wheres a good place to go fixing it..? (Strathfield, Sydney)..?

aznpsuazn
20-07-2006, 04:52 AM
My best advice to you that i strongly advise you take.
Stop driving your car immediately and TOW the car to a mechanic of your choice. You will find the rest of your answers there.

wynode
20-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Are you sure its transmission fluid? if its not leaking from your drive shafts (where the go into the diff) the transmission housing is most probably cracked and you'll need to get a new casing.

Of course this is pure speculation as we would have to take a look and see where the damage is.

if you are loosing transmission fluid........by the time the gearstick feels 'stiff' or hard to get in gear you've probably already done the damage and fried bearings.

fuze
20-07-2006, 11:32 AM
well i've just looked at it again and it's definately a crack (5cm long and a hair line thick) on the transmission casing and also the throttle (next to the gearbox) is jamed..
is there anyway it can molded back..? or do i really need to buy a new casing..?

fuze
20-07-2006, 11:53 AM
is ultratune any good..?