PDA

View Full Version : JDM CRX Aftermarket Parts

szmidi
20-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Been reading into whether a aus bonnet will fit onto a jdm crx as i like the aus one better. i realise the headlights and what not will need to be changed to accomodate but some of the threads say that bumpers have to be changed and everything and the mounts and stuff will need to be moved.

which has got me thinking, for body kit fitment, is there a major difference between aus and jap cars. i know the indicators are differant, but will i have to get a front bar specifically for a jap import or would it be the same for both models.

also if anyone can give a definate answer on whether it is worth the trouble and $$$ to convert the bonnet to the aus spec just for the looks and whether it will hit the stock engine on closing

j3z3z
20-07-2006, 04:44 PM
the bonet can fit with some modification Depending on the motor. If the Chasis is the ef8 it will be a hassel the chasis on the ef8 is 15mm longer than EF7 and ED9 and the motor is mounted higher.

szmidi
21-07-2006, 12:03 PM
what about body kit pieces and aftermarket bonnets, will they need to be modified to fit, or is it all pretty much same same in that department?

j3z3z
21-07-2006, 07:56 PM
most bars need a bit (minor to major depending on brand and quality) modification just so it lines up evenly. I have seen aftermarket bonets designed for SiRs but forget where

heist
21-07-2006, 08:23 PM
hey dude, ill swap ya a complete Aus spec front end for your jap spec one...pm me