PDA

View Full Version : noob question here about LHD & RHD engines

Jums
20-07-2006, 03:33 PM
can a LHD american k24a2 fit in a RHD aussie car? if they can then is there any modifications required? need help

aaronng
20-07-2006, 03:40 PM
What aussie car?

Comparing between the RHD Accord Euro and the LHD TSX, the location of the engine, intake, exhaust manifolds and gearbox are similar. The only difference in the engine bay for the k24a2 is the location of the brake and clutch master cylinder and their resevoirs.

Jums
20-07-2006, 04:00 PM
im a lil mechanically illiterate but lol iv noticed the air box or wateva's located differently from the LHD & RHD. other than that, just say i got a accord euro here in aus and i blew the motor, does that mean i can use the k24a2 from the U.S in my aussie accord with no mods at all? ne info much appreciated

Jums
25-07-2006, 04:46 AM
im still looking for answers if you can buy a motor from america and use it here in aus... :(

Slow96GSR
25-07-2006, 07:03 AM
The motors are the same. The ONLY differences are the brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, battery, and a few other little things that don't affect anything. You can buy any motor for your car and it would work. The manufacture doesn't want 3 versions of a motor just so you can have a RHD car and we can have a LHD and the Japanese can have JDM!!

aaronng
25-07-2006, 10:30 AM
im a lil mechanically illiterate but lol iv noticed the air box or wateva's located differently from the LHD & RHD. other than that, just say i got a accord euro here in aus and i blew the motor, does that mean i can use the k24a2 from the U.S in my aussie accord with no mods at all? ne info much appreciated
You still need an ECU for the k24a2. Because you need the ECU, you have to get the matching immobiliser and keys as well.

saxman
25-07-2006, 10:52 AM
You still need an ECU for the k24a2. Because you need the ECU, you have to get the matching immobiliser and keys as well.
running hondata k pro solves that issues, doesn't it?

aaronng
25-07-2006, 12:13 PM
running hondata k pro solves that issues, doesn't it?
Kpro doesn't support the k24a2 and k24a3's electronic throttle.

Jums
25-07-2006, 04:04 PM
thanks for that Slow96GSR mate, much appreciated.

yea, i heard about that.. iv also heard that if u change the cylinder head to a k20 then u can use the aftermarket ecu.. correct me if im wrong :up: