PDA

View Full Version : Repeller alarm and immobiliser on civic

tron07
22-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Got my coupe already, now I only got 1 key which can start the car, seller will go and check/look for other key and info regarding it. I got 2 key, one "normal" key which can easily open all the doors but cannot start the car, another is the Repeller key which I believe is the stock honda key which can start the car but its very difficult to unlock the door or boot.

The alarm system is very shitty and dodgy, sometimes it doesnt go off when I open the car door with the alarm arm. I am feeling like I want to change the alarm and immobiliser system, put some good stuffs in, with auto lock, microwave sensors, shock sensors, etc....

Only thing is I am not sure about the stock immobiliser and key thingy.....

tron07
22-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Ohhhh shit... now the alarm goes off 10 seconds after I arm it... All the doors are closed, windows up... and I wonder whats triggering it.

tron07
23-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I notice that the alarm only goes off when the engine is hot.... this morning no problem, when after a drive its acting strange again. :(

Rasputin
12-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Maybe some internal soldering in the unit (the part in your engine bay) has cracked, and under heat doesn't join properly.

If it's under warranty, take it back. If you want to crack it open and resolder the board, that *may* help. But the repeller place is just on George st (off the pacific highway) in Hornsby anyhow if you want to take it in.

My repeller alarm has been giving me trouble too, so I'm planing on taking it in on monday.

mugeneration
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I have that issue every now and then, but i have a different alarm system. Make sure that if you have a shock sensor its not tuned too sensitive. For some reason when the car cools down after a long drive the shock sensor goes off.