PDA

View Full Version : Demister w/ Tinting

JaCe
23-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Just wondering if I have dual-layer metallic tinting on the rear windscreen, should I be using the rear demister?

Also wondering if there's any other precautions I need to take for the first few days (or forever) after I got my tinting done.

Ta

Fr3aKi3
23-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I wanted for a few days for the tint to properly "cure" before cleaning or using the demister.

The tinting guy also told me to park the car out in the sun as well.

mrwillz
23-07-2006, 02:32 PM
first few days dont let hard rain get on the car

dsp26
23-07-2006, 03:36 PM
demister doesn't really affect tints depending on quality. HOWEVER, over time with constant use on moist glass/tints will cause the bubble effect. Most tinters give a lifetime guarantee anyway so just take it back when it happens.

LowEk
23-07-2006, 03:54 PM
over time with constant use on moist glass/tints will cause the bubble effect.

Wrong crap tints will bubble and fade over time not what you said. yeh the tint will be fine just dont wind your windows down for at least 48hrs and dont use window cleaner to clean you tint only on the inside of window cos the window cleaner will eat the tint.

Fr3aKi3
23-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Wrong crap tints will bubble and fade over time not what you said. yeh the tint will be fine just dont wind your windows down for at least 48hrs and dont use window cleaner to clean you tint only on the inside of window cos the window cleaner will eat the tint.

Aren't cleaners which are amonia free safe?

LowEk
23-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Aren't cleaners which are amonia free safe?

dunno just use metho watered down in a spray bottle that works well.

Fr3aKi3
23-07-2006, 06:47 PM
dunno just use metho watered down in a spray bottle that works well.

Gotta give that a try then, i've just been using Meguiar's glass cleaner since it's ammonia free and says "tint safe" on it.

LowEk
23-07-2006, 06:53 PM
meh why spend heaps of money for that meguiar's stuff when you can just use metho way cheaper. just get a spray bottle and water the metho down abit not too much cos you want the metho to evaporate still.

JaCe
24-07-2006, 10:30 AM

You're talking only inside right? I used window cleaner the other day on the outside because I thought the tint was on the inside of the window?! Ahh crap.

nobbs
24-07-2006, 11:07 AM
the tint IS on the inside of the window....ive never heard of tint being put on the outside

s2ky_
24-07-2006, 11:35 AM
first few days dont let hard rain get on the car

hahaha what a noob, tint sits on the inside of the car.

park it in the sun and dont put ur windows down for a couple of days

tRipitaka
24-07-2006, 11:40 AM
yep..
tint-a-car told me not to wind the windows down for the first few days..
and not to use window cleaner to clean the INSIDE (where the tint is ;)) of the window

have a read of this thread..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34286

but minus the windex/window cleaner etc..
just give it a go :p

JaCe
24-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Haha thanks

Atm I'm still loving my car's tint. They did the back one at double thickness or something because they said it's legal and it looks better (because the front isn't darkened; so it looks like the rest of the car with the extra layer).

Looks so damn hot on a black car :D

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3867/photo0064ho6.th.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo0064ho6.jpg)