PDA

View Full Version : First Modifications

monkeyheadus13
24-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey Ozhonda people, iam failry new at all this car stuff i have only just recently bought a new car a 1990 integra Ls. So far all i have done to it is put in a whole new sound system, got a new alarm with central locking and just recently put on a new muffler. I now would like to focus on bettering the performance of my car.

I live in Adelaide and was wondering what i should do next for my car, if you could help out it would be great. I need to know what type of modifications i should do, what changes would it make to my performance and where abouts they could be found.

I have about 2 grand at the moment to start working on my car, any ideas as to how i should start.

matt
24-07-2006, 12:19 AM
depends what you want really, make it go faster or make it turn better.

a good set of tyres, larger rear sway bar, matched springs and dampers would be a good start if you want to go round corners.

I/H/E- Intake, headers, exhaust is you want it to go faster.

EuroDude
24-07-2006, 12:27 AM
For starters, get a Cold Air Intake and a decent exhaust. But most importantly, get some decent wheels :D

Q_ball
24-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Theres not a whole lot of DA6/9 information on the forums unfortunately, majority of it is to do with DC2/4/5.
Like matt said, if you have roughly 2k to play with and ur after a bit more power, go for the usual breathing mods I/H/E.
If you're after a bit more handling, good sussy, sways + ties would do you well.

Try this link also, contains some really good sites and links to more DA Integra information:
http://www.austeg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352

Mr_will
24-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Theres not a whole lot of DA6/9 information on the forums unfortunately, majority of it is to do with DC2/4/5.
Like matt said, if you have roughly 2k to play with and ur after a bit more power, go for the usual breathing mods I/H/E.
If you're after a bit more handling, good sussy, sways + ties would do you well.

Try this link also, contains some really good sites and links to more DA Integra information:
http://www.austeg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352

i thought we werent allowed to advertise other foums here?

and dont forget that 90% of the stuff that fits dc2 will fit da9.

late model (obd1) da9s have exactly the same engine as the dc2 non R (b18b) so all the i/h/e stuff will be direct bolt on.

Q_ball
24-07-2006, 12:49 AM
i thought we werent allowed to advertise other foums here?

Linking someone to another forum for further information is not advertising it.

Bensarus
24-07-2006, 03:58 AM
haha.. welcome man.. i've got an 1992 Integra LS too.. but metal gun grey colour... it's a nice car. rather decent speed, would go change the wheels and rims, if u want handling

but for speed, cchange the filter, intake, headers and exhaust, like wat matt said... u can get some stuff pretty cheap on ebay.com (US site), like a ECU to help increase HP and control over yr powerband...

i still have lots to do with my teg after cleaning up the headlights and putting eclipse in the rear... but yea.. u have my support man... it canes commys, just not v8s... lol... enjoy it man... it's a beauty car... pure 90s power...

1900-hustler
24-07-2006, 08:15 AM
well since u want abit more performance out of ur car. the standard IHE modification will do u good.

have a look around on the site u can pickup some good 2nd hand parts and u also build relationships with other ppl on the forums which are handy.. also try to join cruises in ur area.. and u will get a heap of info.. but yea if u dont mind the whole ebay thing.. ud find some good stuff ther.

kousoku
24-07-2006, 01:25 PM
buying from us ebay stores has become a better proposition as limits on duty free has been increased to $800 i think. Used to be about $300

ACTI0NMAN-1
24-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Buying i/h/e from the U.S would be madness. The postage will break your balls. those simple items can be purchased from Australia cheaper. suggest you get a used set of headers, x-force or similar known brand. DIY intake. And get a shop to make you a custom exhaust at the same time as installing your headers.

FYI: Not all b series headers are inter-changeable as a b16a header wont clear the sump, as it is slightly shorter. But a b18a will fit a b16. The main problem with the b18 is that the block is either slightly higher or the sump is slightly bigger, I cant remember which one. I know from experience as I tried to fit a b16 4-2-1 onto my b18a and it couldn’t clear the sump..

I also had a set of 4-1 but honestly they are ridiculously low making lowering and speed humps impossible. I also found that they are useless for any power under 5000rpm

Used Xforce header 4-2-1- $250-300approx
Custom Exhaust inc Muffler, pipe, Cat, Resonator - $650approx
Intake With cotton pod - $220approx

monkeyheadus13
24-07-2006, 06:13 PM
thanks heaps for all your help people, now all i need to do is find out where i can find these intake/headers and exhaust from. Any suggestion on where to get them or fitted?

blubber
25-07-2006, 11:30 PM
You can probably check the traders section on this forum to start off

stanleym
28-07-2006, 01:51 PM
few da9 driver there not a bad car at all get through alot of stuff lol

check my sig cheers

qikteg
28-07-2006, 02:04 PM
depends on whether you want a pre tuned exhaust system as well. you can always get an exhaust shop to fabricate and install a system for you, but you can never be sure of what kind of gains to look for. whereas tuned name-brand exhaust systems to extensive testing to verify their results.

sever_all_ties
28-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah, with headers make sure its at least a quality off-shelf item, or custom made by a reputable fabricator . Catback doesnt really matter as much, as long as its mandrel bent with a piping diameter suited to your application.

yourfather
28-07-2006, 02:42 PM
buying from us ebay stores has become a better proposition as limits on duty free has been increased to $800 i think. Used to be about $300

actually it's 1000.