PDA

View Full Version : need help with my current springs

geo41e
12-05-2004, 08:15 PM
hi there...as my previous post bout my springs...they tend to be very loose when i jack my car up coz they are too short for my stock shocks

l dun really car, however l want to chop off abit more to lower the car even more....

what do i need to prevent my springs from comming out?

i heard someone say helper springs? what are they, and how much.

cheers...any help would be great

Rufes1
12-05-2004, 08:18 PM
lol id be prepared to be flamed for chopping your springs

I know people's who springs fall completly loose when jacked up, its not that much of a problem however they tend to completly fall out of place when driving, which then needs the car to be jacked up and the prings re aligned in. then lowered whilat holding the spring in place

geo41e
12-05-2004, 08:19 PM
yean i know...thats why l'm saying..are there things called spring helpers that hold the spring in lined at all times, but compress fully ?

MR-VTEC
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
yeah my mate had ultra low kingys on his vti and everytime he rotated his wheels his springs would fall out. hehe :twisted:

XXpl0Sive
13-05-2004, 01:17 PM
hmmm
That's dangrous chopping springs, just buy lowered ones, they aren't that expensive...save your the trouble and your life maybe 8)

MrPlow
13-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Haha, You should have just PM'ed me about this, if its low i can help!

Well seems like you having the same prob like my cuz with his magna which was lowered 5.5"...

use them plastic tie's to hold the springs in place! you know them plastic things you can buy which you tread through the hole then secure them tightly to whatever your holding in place! they do the job perfect! with chopped springs or without chopped springs it works fine!

PS: I love my cars ultra low, but i dont recommend choppin springs!!!

nobbs
13-05-2004, 01:50 PM
i sometimes have this problem also, but when it happens i just put the car on a driveway on an angle and i can fit my hand through the spoke in the rims and realign them, then drive down the driveway and back to normal.

hey mr plow: ive thought about using cable ties but where in the strut do u hold the spring onto, i only have a problem with the rears falling out of place and have looked and i cant find somewhere on the shock to tie the spring to, where did u tie yours to?

MrPlow
13-05-2004, 04:45 PM
i havent done mine... my springs dont budge!

you tie them to the circle metal piece that goes around the shock part! its hard to explain, but there is that circle shape which the shocks have at the top, i think it is safe to tie them on to that???

Mitch M
13-05-2004, 04:49 PM
yeh yeh then you can have a fully hektic car for Auto Salon!!!

the body kit would be held on with cable ties, sussy held in with ties ... etc.

do it properly is my suggestion. Buy decent springs for the amount lowered you want!!

its:
1# Safer
2# More respectable
3# More comfortable a ride
4# Saves you the hassle of popping them back in

hell ... just remove your springs ... ;)

armak81
13-05-2004, 05:23 PM
you could have your struts shortened and re-valved... not sure if it is possible with honda struts, but it can be done with Koni's

cost is about $150 per strut

EGBOY
13-05-2004, 07:36 PM
if ya really worried about it get some short travel shocks that have a higher comp' rate.
thats what i have done.
i have Kingspring superlows which have been cut and compressed about 8cms... :D :D :D
its sits damn Low ( ask Vti-2 heheh ) rides nice and only hits on the bump stops on odd occassions...
i still have approx an inch of travel from these shocks
i got mine made up and they only cost like 150 each

nobbs
13-05-2004, 09:42 PM
i have proper jumboz springs (not chopped), they come loose sometimes just because thay are very low

MrPlow
14-05-2004, 12:40 PM
nobbs: dont worry about them, they obviously dont have a clue what we one about and dont know what its like to be riding only cm's from the ground....

poid
14-05-2004, 12:51 PM
mine fall out when jacked up, its a non-issue except that it takes you a minute longer to jack the car down. Doesnt affect the car/drivability what so ever in any other way

Jus-10
14-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Except that non-captive springs are also illegal....

poid
14-05-2004, 05:44 PM
yes, thats not a drivability issue though :)

Besides which cops dont seem to defect accords, so i'm fine with it :D