PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Flywheel Problems?

shebangs
24-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Is it true the Spoon Flywheel has starting issues on B18C's (not sure about other cars..) due to the teeth not being 100% for the starter motor?

I've been reading on honda-tech.com and it's been reported a few times.

Anyone in Aus had this problem? I assume it could be a USDM specific issue with JDM part (spoon flywheel itself) but I wanted to check.

Thanks

Slow96GSR
25-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Have you checked their web site? Also see if they have specs on them, like a tooth count. I'll look too!!

DLO01
25-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Hello. I have a DC2R B18C7.

I have a spoon flywheel and have had no issues at all. ;)

bennjamin
25-07-2006, 07:50 AM
the "issue" with spoon flywheels , is that the teeth of the flywheel are flat and not bevelled ( like TODA , exedy or even stock etc).
This causes one type of USDM starter motor (out of the GSR or ITR) to not engage properly and grind away sometimes...the problem was fixed by either installing a different starter motor or getting a new flywheel lol.

I dont think this is relevant to our ITR's or any B series motors/starters over here.

spoondc2
25-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Ya... what he said...
Need JDM B16A startup motor but don't think it's related to us

BlitZ
25-07-2006, 11:02 AM
ahahha...

I think spoon designed it so u have to push start the car... lesss weight as u cant have a starter motor

Is it true the Spoon Flywheel has starting issues on B18C's (not sure about other cars..) due to the teeth not being 100% for the starter motor?

I've been reading on honda-tech.com and it's been reported a few times.

Anyone in Aus had this problem? I assume it could be a USDM specific issue with JDM part (spoon flywheel itself) but I wanted to check.

Thanks

shebangs
25-07-2006, 11:51 AM
*phew*.

I was scared for a second there that after the server move all the stupid retards left ozhonda, but thanks BlitZ you cleared that up.

cheers bennjamin and spoondc2, exactly what I was looking for.

BlitZ
25-07-2006, 12:11 PM
*phew*.

I was scared for a second there that after the server move all the stupid retards left ozhonda, but thanks BlitZ you cleared that up.

cheers bennjamin and spoondc2, exactly what I was looking for.

Its good to see you leading the migration ;) oh great one