PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

thefabricator
25-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi there, My girlfriend just bought herself a 94 model civic sedan, I haven’t had much of a chance to have a good look at it so that’s the most I know about what model it is, it also has Vti.

Anyway if I had my way I would be unibody dropping it putting it on air suspension and shaving the doors boot etc but I'm never going to be allowed.

So there’s a few simple questions I thought you guys might be able to cover to save me some time doing research, Firstly who makes the best value for money and lowest springs to lower the car on a budget in Sydney? Obviously without going to coil overs/air etc. Secondly, I am replacing the factory head unit for her but also want to replace all the factory speakers, what size factory speakers was the 94 sedan fitted with, as far as I can see the front doors and rear parcel shelf are the only places with speakers, but what size are they?

Are their any good Ausi websites selling after market parts for civics I should checkout? So far I have found a few bits and pieces on ozeparts.com.au and modyourcar.com

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DomenEK
25-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Best value for money low springs - go King Spring Super Lows.

Lowers approx 2.5" I have these on my car - low enough to look good, but not too low as to be impractical. Just be aware that you will need matching shocks as the lowered springs will reduce the life of the stock shocks. Get some decent ones like Koni or KYB. I got my setup (King super lows and Koni reds) for about $1k installed. You can save money by installing them yourself - it's not hard to do, there is a write up on it in the DIY section.

As for the speakers: In the EKs, they are 6.5" front and 6x9s rear. I don't imagine they'd be any different in the EG sedans.

Websites: Try Underground Imports (http://undergroundimports.com.au/ecommerce/os/catalog/).

i_own_you
25-07-2006, 03:36 PM
well firsrtly u've come the right place!

in regards to aftermarket parts, the ozhonda traders forum is the way to go.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Mr_will
25-07-2006, 03:41 PM
its much better if you actually put a description of what youre asking in the thread title, rather than just saying "a few questions".

that way people can actually tell if theyll be able to help before opening the thread.

destrukshn
25-07-2006, 03:46 PM
fronts are 4" and rears are 6 inch
you can use a 6/6.5 inch speaker at the fronts if you modify the orignal spacer or make/buy a new spacer.
and you can also fit 6.5 inch at the rears as well, with no mods.