PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKing question

stevek84
25-07-2006, 08:01 PM
hey all
quick Q i had 17 with king on stock shocks looked fine... now i have 15 my car looks like a 4wd! seeing as i already have king springs and a lot of ppl give the :thumbsup: to the king and koni combo jst wonderin will gettin yellow konis lower my car more? or is coilover the better way? has anyone gotten the springs first then changed the shocks? notice any change in heght? questions questiosn questions
cheers big ears

SiReal
25-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Nice title dude :)

Kings/Konis are ok just becuase of the konis. hehe...if u get the koni sports (aka yellows), you can usually lower further by 20 to 30mm (depending on model of shock) via the spring perch. So u have the normal perch, and the lowered perch.

Coiloevers are definately the better option. if ur car is fairly common, then wait to pick up a set of imported or second hand coilovers. $800 ish. which is a little cheaper than 4 koni shocks by themselves. Coilovers can pretty much fine tune height desire , where shocks usually dont offer height adjust, or if they do, just a single setting.

stevek84
25-07-2006, 11:24 PM
so the yellow konis will bring my car down a bit...sweet as. 2nd hand coilovers would be better then new yellow konis? is there like an average life for coilovers? like 50000km or something? btw my baby's an ek4 so id say there should be a lot of 2nd coilovers floating around...anyone wanna donate one..im the man ur lookin for

cheers for ur help