PDA

View Full Version : Strut Bar?

CaP
12-05-2004, 10:52 PM
hi, whats better... strut bar or sway bar...
ITR's, they have sway bars? ...
im in the market for a bar? but whats better?

thx

joneblaze
12-05-2004, 11:24 PM
What is your goal? To improve your Integra's handling? What aspect of the handling do you want to improve? You'll find a rear sway bar (of larger than stock diameter, seeing most Integras have sway/anti roll bars) will be the most effective handling mod. Front/rear strut bars will do alot less. I have found my front strut bar (have been through a few) did basically nothing for my car's handling/feel except make the engine bay look pretty. I suggest you do a search on OH (or www.team-integra.net , which have awesome and simple tech articles) and READ UP on what these bars actually DO, before you start shopping around for "a bar". This topic has been covered many times and there really is an abundance of simple and informative threads out there.
Good luck.

EG_2_TEG
13-05-2004, 12:43 AM
strut brace is inside the engine bay
sway bars are underneath the car

all teg's come standard with front and rear sway bars, but only Vti-R's and Type R's come standard with a strut brace in the engine bay

i can agree with joneblaze about the strut brace. i put one on my car and can't notice any diff
but can notice heaps of difference with an upgraded rear sway bar

hope this all makes sense

CaP
13-05-2004, 01:24 AM
thx alot...

joneblaze
13-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Rear strut bars can also be installed in the boot. Some cars (ie DC2R) come with other torsion and boot braces/bars.

Tofu
13-05-2004, 10:59 AM
stiffer in the rear = oversteer
stiffer in the front = understeer

but for a FF, they have a tendency to understeer....so stiffening the rear up hopes to make the are more neutral

bennjamin
13-05-2004, 03:00 PM
to add blah blah...

In order , opposite to the driven tyres ( IE a FWD) - you should get (if not already) - rear strutbrace , rear swaybar/thicker one , rear tiebar , front strutbrace then front swaybar+tiebar......

A strutbrace only limits teh small movement of the chassis in relation to teh suspension top mounts - but a swaybar almost directly restricts movement as it is directly linked to the underbody , and the control arms - controlling the movement of the springs and thus handling.

Just get Spoon and be *happy* . :roll: