PDA

View Full Version : VTI motor

fatcivic0_0
25-07-2006, 09:47 PM
hey just wondering would anyone be able to tell me if a 94 honda civic EG vti motor (d16 single cam vtec) would be a straight swap with my my 94 honda civic gli motor (d15 single cam non vtec) if not what things would i need to mod any help on this would be appreciated thanks.

marte
25-07-2006, 09:52 PM
straight, but why would u wanan do that

VTi_b0i
25-07-2006, 09:56 PM
why not? the motors go good with a lil work and are cheap, bolts str8 in... i dont see why he shouldnt...
get it a full exhaust and CAI and perhaps a cam and cam gear and itll scream!

fatcivic0_0
25-07-2006, 09:57 PM
cause ive just bought one and wanted to get a bit more power plus the added benifit of vtec (the d15 just didnt do it for me) and i also have a turbo set up which fits this motor.

VTi_b0i
25-07-2006, 10:03 PM
even in N/A form they are still capable of good times...
have a look on www.d-series.org

tRipitaka
25-07-2006, 10:15 PM
you'll be looking at some new wiring, for vtec.

fatcivic0_0
25-07-2006, 10:19 PM
even in N/A form they are still capable of good times...
have a look on www.d-series.org

i just had a quick look at this site looks good but i think i might still go the way of the turbo because i want sumthing a little different from all the other hondas out there but ive been looking at other honda owners cars too and they got sum pretty good n/A ideas so i might yet stay true to the original honda way but well see.

fatcivic0_0
25-07-2006, 10:22 PM
you'll be looking at some new wiring, for vtec.

it came with all wiring and harness but no ecu does anyone know how much a stock ecu is for this motor.

heist
25-07-2006, 10:28 PM
just do a mini-me swap...just swap the heads and do the wiring

VTi_b0i
25-07-2006, 10:32 PM
u might aswell throw the lot in since u got it all haha umm as for ecu im not sure... u MIGHT be able to buy mine off me depending on whether i leave mine manual or convert it to auto b4 i put it in my ED...

fatcivic0_0
25-07-2006, 10:37 PM
u might aswell throw the lot in since u got it all haha umm as for ecu im not sure... u MIGHT be able to buy mine off me depending on whether i leave mine manual or convert it to auto b4 i put it in my ED...

if it fits and and you wanna sell it when the time comes ill prob buy it and also why do you wanna convert to auto isnt manual better?

sivic
25-07-2006, 10:38 PM
straight, but why would u wanan do that
perhaps cos its a better engine than the D15 and much cheaper than a B series swap if he is on a budget. considering that pretty much the only things that will need to be changed besides the engine are the ecu and the vtec wire in the loom as far as i can think of

fatcivic0_0
25-07-2006, 10:39 PM
perhaps cos its a better engine than the D15 and much cheaper than a B series swap if he is on a budget. considering that pretty much the only things that will need to be changed besides the engine are the ecu and the vtec wire in the loom as far as i can think of

SPOT ON HERE :)

NightKids
25-07-2006, 11:22 PM
yeah & the d-series engine is great for turbo'ing too !

marte
26-07-2006, 12:41 AM
sorry my bad i read wrong thought u wanted to get rid of ur vti motor!!

[[d a n n y]]
26-07-2006, 03:15 AM
theres your answer..
u need the VTi motor+gbox+ECU
and 3 wires for the Vtec wiring.
and your done.
oh should change the brakes (rear drum+disc) to get engineers certificate

NeRV
26-07-2006, 08:32 AM
yeah its a straight swap... good and cheap, bang for you bucks power mod.. you need a P28 ecu ... i currently have a GLi with a Vti motor and its much better then the D15B7... have fun with it... also the D16's are awesome to boost and are pulling out pretty high numbers in the states.

VTi_b0i
26-07-2006, 09:02 AM
if it fits and and you wanna sell it when the time comes ill prob buy it and also why do you wanna convert to auto isnt manual better?

because my ED is a runaround and i drive it in peak hour traffic everyday...and it is auto already...so i dont know if im going to convert the ED to manual or the motor to Auto haha

tRipitaka
26-07-2006, 11:36 AM
]']theres your answer..
u need the VTi motor+gbox+ECU
and 3 wires for the Vtec wiring.
and your done.
oh should change the brakes (rear drum+disc) to get engineers certificate

fatcivic0_0's question has been answered.

*closed