PDA

View Full Version : System Pictures

cuongn
26-07-2006, 10:31 AM
HEY I WANT TO SET UP MY SYSTEM IN MY CAR. NEEDS SOME IDEAS, SO YO POST SOME PICTURES OF NICE LOOKING SYSTEMS SET UPS, IN UR BOOT.

Mr_will
26-07-2006, 11:38 AM
TWO TIPS...TRY SEARCHING AND DONT USE CAPS ALL THE TIME ITS NOT NECESSARY

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48291

JasonGilholme
26-07-2006, 12:26 PM
lol. I second that. :P

What car is it goin into?? Civic Coupe or del sol?? you've got a del sol pic as ur avatar but a civic coupe in your car description.

Jase

Q_ball
26-07-2006, 12:29 PM
^Indeed!

Caps and blue font not needed,
Type of response from Mr_will not needed lol,

What car do you have?

Mr_will
26-07-2006, 12:33 PM
i was serious about the link though, that install in the LS is seriously sweet. retains almost 100% of boot space whilst still having a sub.
Of course it wouldnt be your first choice for sound quality though.

cuongn
26-07-2006, 01:45 PM
in civic coupe

cuongn
26-07-2006, 01:48 PM
i got a sub box 12inch for $60, brand new,, is dat cheap? or am i paying too much

fly_vti
26-07-2006, 01:51 PM
stop sooking boys & girls , im sure he didnt mean anything by it. RELAX!

|N|
26-07-2006, 01:56 PM
but wat r u after?
retaining maxium boot space?? or just want it to look nice and sounds good?

underglow
26-07-2006, 05:45 PM
i got a sub box 12inch for $60, brand new,, is dat cheap? or am i paying too much

Look that's cheap but I dare say it wouldn't be good for SQ. To get the most out of a sub you need a custom encloser as per the requirements of the sub you are using.

Spending money on the box is often more important than the sub itself.

Mr_will
26-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Look that's cheap but I dare say it wouldn't be good for SQ.

you cant say that without knowing how he designed it. how do you know he didnt caclulate the volume of the enclosure to be just right for the sub? just because it is an odd shape doesnt mean it wont be effective

underglow
26-07-2006, 05:53 PM
you cant say that without knowing how he designed it. how do you know he didnt caclulate the volume of the enclosure to be just right for the sub? just because it is an odd shape doesnt mean it wont be effective

They way he said it inferred that he bought a generic encosure.

I very much doubt he got it measured up or made it himself, but I will wait to be proved wrong...:)

underglow
26-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I also think this since he doesn't know aobut how muc ha sub box should cost :P

Mr_will
26-07-2006, 06:14 PM
there are very very few systems going around with true 'custom' enclosures. manufacturers often advertise that sub/box combos are 'custom' when the extent to which they are designed for each other is limited/nonexistant.

besides, a box that is completely custom would be wasted on car audio anyways, which is what people seem to fail to realise. a car is not the ideal place for a hi fidelity audio setup

underglow
26-07-2006, 06:18 PM
there are very very few systems going around with true 'custom' enclosures. manufacturers often advertise that sub/box combos are 'custom' when the extent to which they are designed for each other is limited/nonexistant.

besides, a box that is completely custom would be wasted on car audio anyways, which is what people seem to fail to realise. a car is not the ideal place for a hi fidelity audio setup

Well of course a car doesn't ahve the ideal timbre and even surfaces necessary for high quality sound reproduction. That doesn't mean people should avoid trying to get the best setup possible.

Even in cheap setups, an enclosure that meets the sub's dimentional requirements makes a huge differnece to SQ and SPL and need not be that pricey. You can even make on yourself that would be more suitable than a generic encloser.

Felix
26-07-2006, 06:21 PM
a car is not the ideal place for a hi fidelity audio setup

Exactly, this is why i laugh at people who spend $2000 on car audio but have a shitty little $80 stereo in there house.. Doesn't make sense, surely you want to listen to nice music while driveing, but if you are that much of a crazy music/audio guy, why have a shit stereo at home.
Or I suppose that you cant really show off your sterao to your peers much at home can you. Get more street cred with big subs in ya car.

underglow
26-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Exactly, this is why i laugh at people who spend $2000 on car audio but have a shitty little $80 stereo in there house.. Doesn't make sense, surely you want to listen to nice music while driveing, but if you are that much of a crazy music/audio guy, why have a shit stereo at home.
Or I suppose that you cant really show off your sterao to your peers much at home can you. Get more street cred with big subs in ya car.

Often people can't play their music very loud for whatever reason at home. Maybe in their car is the only place where they can listen to music, whenever they want at a decent volume?

That said, I am about to purchase some audio equipemt that I will use for work which will be a very nice home sterio too :thumbsup:

Mr_will
26-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Often people can't play their music very loud for whatever reason at home. Maybe in their car is the only place where they can listen to music, whenever they want at a decent volume?

That said, I am about to purchase some audio equipemt that I will use for work which will be a very nice home sterio too :thumbsup:

i dont know what the laws are where you are, but in nsw you cant listen to your music at any volume. you can infact be fined quite a substantial amount of money for having your music up too loud.

the gains in having a fully customised sub box in a car audio setup are minimal.

i have a 150watt amp, powering a 12' sub in a standard box and it goes as loud as any reasonable person would ever want. ie loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage from just 15minutes of exposure.

the quality of sound is very good, yet the box i have is just the one sold with the sub.

micka
26-07-2006, 07:55 PM
A custom enclosure is an essential element to a decent car audio system... something that specifically suits the driver (woofer) and the vehical will give a much better result than some random cheaply put together unsuitable box.

The car may not be the ideal enviroment for an audiophile system, but why make things worse by half-arsing things? If you're using cheap components and don't really care then I guess any old box will do, personal preference; It depends what you want to achieve.

underglow
26-07-2006, 11:17 PM
i dont know what the laws are where you are, but in nsw you cant listen to your music at any volume. you can infact be fined quite a substantial amount of money for having your music up too loud.

the gains in having a fully customised sub box in a car audio setup are minimal.

i have a 150watt amp, powering a 12' sub in a standard box and it goes as loud as any reasonable person would ever want. ie loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage from just 15minutes of exposure.

the quality of sound is very good, yet the box i have is just the one sold with the sub.

If someone gets home from work at 1am, but their housemate has work at 6am you can't play music, period. I never said anything about having music at a level which was disruptive to people outside you car, just loud enough to enjoy a quality SQ system without waking people up.

I have no idea what type of enclosure you have, it might be one to suit the sub. If not, the SQ could be a hell of a lot better.

underglow
26-07-2006, 11:18 PM
A custom enclosure is an essential element to a decent car audio system... something that specifically suits the driver (woofer) and the vehical will give a much better result than some random cheaply put together unsuitable box.

The car may not be the ideal enviroment for an audiophile system, but why make things worse by half-arsing things? If you're using cheap components and don't really care then I guess any old box will do, personal preference; It depends what you want to achieve.
Here here :thumbsup:

Kandy
26-07-2006, 11:29 PM
as the other people asked, what are you after in particular?

i, erm, found this pic on the net. it is from a civic coupe boot install.
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2609/bootinstall1fd4.jpg

Q_ball
26-07-2006, 11:36 PM
as the other people asked, what are you after in particular?

Wouldnt happen to be yours would it Kim? :p

Kandy
26-07-2006, 11:41 PM
no way man!
i still have the stock system... gotta upgrade the battery before i can do any stereo stuff yo!

vtek
27-07-2006, 12:21 AM
That boot install looks familiar

arverson
27-07-2006, 01:46 PM

ive seen quite a few installs like that. same gear too. those soundsstream amps are huuuuuge.. but oh so flashy !! i want one hehehe

cuongn
27-07-2006, 02:10 PM
wat is better, at 15icnh sub or a 12inch sub for the coupe..
is a BOSS AUDIO 15inch 1400w be good for it..... my friend has 2 of them and i was planning to buy it, for $120 BRAND NEW, he doesnt like BOSS brand dats y his selling it.

arverson
27-07-2006, 02:22 PM
for $120 or less, u can get the pioneer 306c. much betta. ur mate is sellin his boss gear for a good reason, THEYRE CRAP !! stay away from boss gear

15 or 12. theres alot to consider. wat else is in ur system??

cuongn
27-07-2006, 02:23 PM
just a shit market f1 amp

arverson
27-07-2006, 02:28 PM
its by f1 u mean Alpine F1 status gear, that definately not 'shit market' but up there with the best.

anyway i wudnt get ur frendz boss sub. get the 306c instead :)

wats ur current amp running??

cuongn
27-07-2006, 03:49 PM
no no not alpine,, some germany brand from da market, i had it like 3 years now.pritty old man

marcs
28-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Dude there's a reason he doesn't like Boss audio, and a reason why he's selling it so cheap. Just put the money towards some decent equipment instead.

Go have a listen to some 12s and 15s and decide for yourself, bigger isn't always better IMO. I found that for the music i listen to 12s is perfect, and even some high quality 10s, 15s just didn't do it for me.

Those soundstream amps are huge and heavy. Bling bling !

yourfather
28-07-2006, 10:35 PM
15's are better for deeper, longer notes right.

ICACHA
29-07-2006, 09:00 PM
deeper/longer, you watching waves or listening to music? :p

arverson
07-08-2006, 02:12 AM
sorry for a late reply cuong.

ok. u have a f1 amp. wats that running atm?? issert a mono or a multi-chan amp?? got specs??

gettin off-topic.. pics of setups/installs eh?? google is ur friend

yourfather
07-08-2006, 02:24 AM
deeper/longer, you watching waves or listening to music? :p

well I dunno how to explain it.

you figure it out. wtf.

IZY-10
12-08-2006, 05:27 PM
depends on what kind of music u listen to for the sub size. Personally i believe 12" sub is better as it does not lag as much. As for choosing a amplifier the best value for money is the Jaycar brand RESPONSE. It not only has quality but a heap load of power as well. Make sure you do your research though cos u dont want to buy the wrong stuff. look for a 2ohm dual coil sub. i have researched subs imencly for a presentation at uni and have found these to be the best. Also make a custom box however look on the net for the formulas to ensure you get the volume size correct in proportion to the size,rms,vp-p ect.... Good luck mate