PDA

View Full Version : Exaughst On Drivers Side (da9)

Cold Fusion
26-07-2006, 01:27 PM
has anyone done this? im thinking about doing it coz im nto a fan of havaing un-nessecary bends and more lenght on my exaughst, but will it affect the back pressure at all?

anyone have any ideas?

qikteg
26-07-2006, 01:41 PM
well... assumably, the factory put the muffler on that side for a reason, watever that may be. possibly the length of the pipe is necessary for optimum backpressure?

if you're worried about restrictive bends, get mandrel bends.

FR33K
26-07-2006, 01:52 PM
pic taken from our LS cruise: post #54
(cant seem to copy the pic to this thread coz of my shit work computer)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24307&page=5&highlight=integra

LO_N_SXC
26-07-2006, 02:27 PM
^^^ thats exactly what I was going to do with my LS but I'm way too low to have a pipe hanging under the petrol tank lol My set up is more like the blue teg in that pic.

Cold Fusion
26-07-2006, 02:30 PM
i ehrd that they have it on the passenger side so the driver doesnt hear the exaughst as much if his window is down, having it on the side reduces noise for us ;)

Cold Fusion
26-07-2006, 02:31 PM
im thinking of either taking my muffler out all together and putting a cannon (im gonna paint it black) and have it out the passenger side (so tehres only 1 bend and its points out sideways pretty much) or just have it out the drivers side...but my car is low...so it might scrape on...everything

LO_N_SXC
26-07-2006, 02:33 PM
^^ is that so?

LO_N_SXC
26-07-2006, 02:34 PM
im thinking of either taking my muffler out all together and putting a cannon (im gonna paint it black) and have it out the passenger side (so tehres only 1 bend and its points out sideways pretty much) or just have it out the drivers side...but my car is low...so it might scrape on...everything
welcome to my world, the lowered to its guts and everything scrapes world!

SKREMN
26-07-2006, 07:29 PM
1 or 2 extra bends isnt going to make much differnace
as long and you use a quality fitter and nice mandrel bent pipes you will get the same outcome

Cold Fusion
26-07-2006, 10:42 PM
i used MIDAS lol

Mr_will
26-07-2006, 11:17 PM

if lo_n_sxc's car copes, im sure yours will.

dont forget you need backpressure... I have driven my car venting straight into the atmosphere from the exhaust ports (on private property of course, doing it on public roads would be illegal) and you do in fact lose power

Cold Fusion
27-07-2006, 03:20 AM
if lo_n_sxc's car copes, im sure yours will.

mines lower than lo_n_sxy's :angel:

LO_N_SXC
27-07-2006, 10:58 AM
mines lower than lo_n_sxy's :angel:
^^^^ Hhhhmmmmmmm is that so?
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5379/dscf07598sc.jpg

Cold Fusion
27-07-2006, 01:21 PM
DAMN SIDE SKIRTS! ahaha us is coz of it side skirts, but my BODY sits lower than urs ^_^

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/INTEGGRA/KAL1.jpg

u can see the top of ur back tyres :rolleyes:

LO_N_SXC
27-07-2006, 01:56 PM
i hate to say this but Coke cans get stuck on my Undercarrige when I drive over them!

back on topic: mang dont stress bout how many bends your exhaust system has, you wont find 10kw lurking in that one bend! I'd go for a set of extractors (I already have some of those), a new cat (VR & VS Commodore ones flow real well if on a budget) and 2 1/4 piping should be more than enough.

Cold Fusion
27-07-2006, 02:01 PM
i got new headers on wednesday, 4-2-1 mugen/edelbrock design, and i have hi-flo cat with 2.25 exaughst and a resinator and a hi-flo muffler, but i might upgrade to 2.5 coz with the new cams i might want to go bigger, also i would get a cannon and lose the muffler to get a better note.

Also i herd that the only reason hondas are "raspy" is because of the 2 bends...anyone kno any mroe about this?

Cold Fusion
27-07-2006, 02:05 PM
lo_n_sxc, we should come to an agreement, were BOTH freaking low ;)

Spoon DA9R
27-07-2006, 02:19 PM
well i HAD the exhaust on the rite hand side of the rear before...u can just get andy exhaust for a DC2 and it'll come out that way....dc2 exhaust for our car is perfect fit

b16a_integra
27-07-2006, 03:02 PM
i know if you got the jetspeed rear bar you have to put it on the drivers side

NSPYRE
07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
sorry to dig up a dead post, but i own a DA9 integra as well and wanted to upgrade my current exhaust system. i looked underneath my car and saw the bends and what not and thought to myself "why cant it just be simple?" so wat i intended to do was install a 2.25" cat-back with a twin-loop muffler. the diameter of the twin-loop is 7" and i dont want it to be poking out at an angle, i'd rather have it just straight. i was thinkin of having it come out from the driver's side, however im worried there wont be enough room becos there isnt much space between the rear wheel and the back of the car. any thoughts/suggestions would be lots of help..

SKREMN
07-08-2006, 07:01 PM
there are differnt types of twin loop you can get so get the stubbier one
how low will the bottom of the muffler sit coz the floor is flat there aint it?

Cold Fusion
07-08-2006, 07:05 PM
i dont think im gonna put it out the drivers side, instead ill have it sideways out the back of the passenger side for 1 less bend. too much work to get cannon to fit on drivers side.

NSPYRE
07-08-2006, 07:17 PM
im looking at getting the x-force one off undergroundimports.com.au

why is there too much work in getting it coming out of the drivers side??

Cold Fusion
07-08-2006, 10:08 PM
because the cut for the exaughst is on the passenger side, also there isnt much room to play wiht on the drivers side to get it in there...its just a rassle thjat you can not have by having 1 extra bend, also if u do have it on the drivers side you are able to hear the exhaust alot more and it may lose some backpressure

NSPYRE
07-08-2006, 10:45 PM
so would that mean i would have to get it coming out at an angle? i notice that alot of DA9's hav theirs coming out at an angle. is this compulsory or is it personal preference?

string
08-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Completely personal preference.

IMO it looks tacky and cheap. It's one extra bend. You will notice zero power difference.

If you think 135degrees more bending is a restriction, take out your cat one day and have a look inside; then you'll understand the real meaning of restriction.

Back-pressure is a miss-conception, and is not to be though of as adding "restrictions". Rather, correct pipe area to allow flowing exaust pulses to create a vacuum behind them (which is impossible with a too large, or non-existant exhaust).

The only reason I can think of for them having it like that (passenger side) in the first place is so they could fit a large muffler. It was 89 when they first came out, so i'm assuming that muffler technology didn't really allow them to be much smaller and make it silent, so sideways was the only way to fit it in.

The stock DC2 mufflers are very small compared to ours.

Cold Fusion
08-08-2006, 07:22 PM
i thought it was because of the noise reduction for the driver, they put it there because then the driver doesnt hear it as much when he/she has there window down, or really anytime.

i thought the 94 model tegs have it on passenger side too?

PHASE2
08-08-2006, 09:17 PM
hey guys just had my exhaust done it was only quick cos i only got the back section done to fit the twin magnoflow mufflers ill be getting the rest done later here are the pics

string
09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
i thought it was because of the noise reduction for the driver, they put it there because then the driver doesnt hear it as much when he/she has there window down, or really anytime.

i thought the 94 model tegs have it on passenger side too?
I highly doubt that driver noise is a cause at all; I don't know about the 94 model DC2/4, but every single DC i've seen has been on the driver side. Obviously they had the same option to have a sideways muffler as the DA, but chose not to. It probably also has to do with asthetics, since it looks slightly more 'complete' having a bit of the muffler visible, rather than just a pipe.

With my stock exhaust on, with 2.25" axel back, I don't think i've ever heard the exhaust while inside the car. Noise from engine bay is easily twice as loud, and that's with a near stock intake.

To the above poster: Any reason you appear to have outlets with total area about 4 times that of your inlets? Do you simply like to make droney noises? I don't understand people's obsessions with 2inch in, 6inch out cannons and the like, it just makes it sound like balls. But if that's your bag, may the balls be with you :D

INTEGGRA
09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
not that it matters but id say cold fusions is lower .Low n sexy from the pic but i havnt seen car in real life, but i know cold fusions (kals) rim sits under the wheel well which i think is dumb low haha im like a inch higher and dont scrap on anything..

FR33K
09-08-2006, 05:41 PM
not that it matters

you're right