PDA

View Full Version : 94 Accord Where to run amp wire?

ZC_CRX
26-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey guys

i have a 94 honda accord vtis with all the options i recently purchased a pioneer amp and sub i have all the rca cables run from HU to amp and wotnot all i have to do is run the amp power wire to the battery.

i am just wondering if there is any easy way of running my amp wire from the battery to my amp in the boot? i have looked and cant really c any
grommets to put it thru.

i read sumwhere that u can use the grommet under the passenger side carpet which would work but my cars pretty low and i wud b worried sumthin hitin it?

i dont really wanna drill a hole if i can avoid it but i will if it comes to that?

cheers

stanleym
26-07-2006, 07:21 PM
what do u mean the car is pretti low ??

u need to by pass the power wire through the fire wall.. there will be a spare grommet in there and u jsut feed the wire through and take the power cable on the opposite side of the car that the rca's are on....

i had a quick look on the net 4 u but couldn't find any pics

there will be one man, on my integra there was one just to the left of the battery (top right corner)

just have a real good look one day it will turn up

ZC_CRX
26-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Check the piccy dude tha grass isnt all that long either lol.

dnt worry bout it i found a way where the main harness and bonnet release cables go thru i got an old coat hanger pushed it thru with alot of jiglin and wen i saw it in the engine bay i grabed it pulled it thru a bit more and then with electrical tape taped the amp power wire to the coat hanger and pulled the coat hanger back into the interior along with the amp wire then i sorta tucked it in behind the fuse box that is near the accelerator pedal and fed it to the boot under the carpet near the sills will post pics later.

stanleym
27-07-2006, 09:42 AM
ok all i saying that it shouldn't matter how low your car is regardless cause e power wire stays inside he car 90% of the time

owellz enjoy the new system

ZC_CRX
27-07-2006, 01:09 PM
nah tha thread i read said to put it thru the floor pan meanin it wud b just above the road

ohwell the shit fight was well worth it.

cheers

ICACHA
06-08-2006, 11:49 AM
i am just wondering if there is any easy way of running my amp wire from the battery to my amp in the boot? i have looked and cant really c any grommets to put it thru.

auto or manual transmission? answer that and i can answer your question. :)