PDA

View Full Version : New to the Honda Xperience

Euroller
26-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Hi all, my name is Darren and Im from Adelaide. Managed to find this awesome forum by googling for info on CAI Kits and have decided to join. I have recently upgraded from a 97 Astra to a manual graphite 06 Accord Euro Sport with the factory rear spoiler. This has to have been one of the best decisions of my life. After extensive research from resale values to aftermarket parts availability and many a review from around the world being read. I had eliminated all the competition and was left with this one standing atop of the podium. It came with all the neccessities and my wants plus more (and less as my mate just got a job there as a salesperson so I got mates rates.)
No need for pictures as the thing is stock as a rock at the moment but will be getting windows tinted straight up. Sorry in advance for any noob questions I ask (I will use search function first so hopefully that will eliminate that first post that you always read.) As I have been a Holden man my whole driving life and thats old holdens except for the last stupid aquisition the astra. I have no real knowledge about :honda:.
Well looking forward to sharing the rest of my :honda: life with other people who 'Take Pride in Their Ride':car:

D-Mac
26-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey man! Welcome to the forums! Glad to see we're getting more members from Adelaide and that you're enjoying the experience so far! What was wrong with the Astra btw?

And cool/creative username!

wynode
26-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your Euro.....and you came at the right time.

There's a new Accord Euro CL9 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86) forum :)

Euroller
26-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah good timing on my behalf.
D-Mac dont ask about the Astra man it would take too long to write the whole thing up. Lets put it this way my Holden experience has been tarnished because of this one car but I see it as Hondas gain and mine because if Holden weren't so crap I wouldn't have the enjoyment I have now when I drive the :honda:.

matt
26-07-2006, 11:04 PM
welcome darren.
nice choice of car, and top upgrade. i moved from a commonwhore to an integra type R and i will never look back.

good time to join aswell with the new euro forum that wyn posted.

aaronng
26-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Hi Darren! Welcome to Ozhonda and check out our wealth of Accord Euro information in the new Euro section.

I too came from a 2001 Astra. It was not a good experience. A minor service was $400, a major service $550 and the 4 year/60,000km service was over $1000 because of the timing belt change. In the first 4 years, I had leaky injectors that flooded the engine when the car was off and the ignition barrel decided to fail and not turn when I inserted the key (required a tow truck to the dealer because it was an auto and it's impossible to get out of P without the key turned to "On".

I'm very happy with my Euro as well. :) Don't worry about my signature, I most did it myself.

Q_ball
27-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Welcome along Darren!
Hope you find what you're looking for on the forums :)

yourfather
27-07-2006, 12:35 AM
hang out with ya wang out

good choice of vehicle.

now start shellin out some cash to pimp y0 ride.

kraiye
30-07-2006, 06:59 PM
(I will use search function first so hopefully that will eliminate that first post that you always read.)
lol! i like this guy already :)
welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase :thumbsup:

i too am an ol' holden fan from way back... a bus put my vt into a pole and afta havin a ride in a friends boosted vtec civic i was a changed man!!!

Euroller
30-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah I know what ya mean kraiye. I used to own a HX Holden monaro with 350 chev all sorts of illegal. Then one day at a set of lights I got my doors blown off by a street legal WRX. Sold the monaro about a year or so later. Miss the noise but not the worrying about when I was going to get pulled over.

EuroDude
30-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Welcome euroller, nice choice :thumbsup:

tell us about the Astra :D Interested to know what problems it had

Euroller
30-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Well it had been lowered with just cut springs when I bought it and had sports exhaust and a bodykit. After 1 year the tyres blew so got new ones hunted around for a caster camber kit to alleviate the problem as it did not have this adjustment. 18 months later Kmac finally produced one so I got to be the very first person internationally to have them. After a couple of days I started noticing a clunk from the front end so i went to car toys in adelaide( the supplier of the part) to find out what problem was. They said that I could not drive home as the spot welds on the top of the mount had broken and I was lucky that the shock didnt go through the guard. Got a replacement part and all was sweet until the nolathane started coming away from the top mount and the suspension was shit again (replaced with standard holden ones). Now the shitty bit, after a couple of years I started getting an intermittent idling problem. I didnt think any thing of it until it happened more and more and sometimes would stall at lights for no reason. Took it to the dealer he said there was nothing wrong with it. Took it to another they said nothing wrong with it. Still happened more and more frequently finally started eliminating stuff bought new fuel line, new pump and so forth and it still did not fix problem. After a few years Holden finally come back and say there is a recall on my model astra and the vectra for bad idling problems it appears that the IAC valve needed replacing so all this time it was holdens fault. Still more problems but that was with the whole holden service experience. I will never go there ever again. Lastly I have found out that my gearbox is stuffed as there is a bit of a whine and I now have metal fragments in my oil. Found out that there seems to be too much power for the trans and it is a common complaint for the manuals on this model. So it now resides in the carport ready for sale.

EuroDude
30-07-2006, 11:00 PM
man thats hectic. oh well u shouldnt have any major probs with the euro :thumbsup:

yfin
31-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Welcome mate - if you need any help just ask

euro77
06-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase... post pics of your car :D

Euroller
06-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Will do soon only took photos the other day as I just had the windows tinted.