PDA

View Full Version : opinion needed for VTI-S 94

xxx
29-07-2006, 06:21 PM
hi newbie here. i have done a search, but just need a bit more infor to buy this car, here it is
accord 94 vti-s going for 8000, it's got 130 000 km on the clock. everything seems to be good, but there is a bit of knocking sound coming from the engine when it first start? is that normal for accords?
what are the common problems with those cars, and any tips for how to avoid them?

another things is how does accord vtis go on fuel consumption?
thanks

Xplodin
30-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I know i've posted some things about this a while back.

Here have a quick read of this.
Clicky (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=615386#post615386)

I'm not 100% sure on the 94 CD5 cos i dont have one, but 130,000Km is pretty good for that car. Make sure the car has full service history. More importaint, ask him about the timing belt, This should have been changed at 100,000Kms. Other things to check on the car is the body, Discolouration, Dints, Dents, Rust, Damaged panels ect. Take the car for a test drive, and Give it a bit of hammering, Red line the car, should be a smooth climb to 6,800 RPM. Last of all Check the engine for leaks Fluid leaks.

IMO, I'd go for the 96-97 CD5 (Minor cosmetic ie. Rear tail lights, front grill, Different cloth trim, SRS Airbags as standed, etc), Cos by this stage all the bugs in the car would have been ironed out. Little things that could affect the longativty of the car. But never the less the first series are good cars and i'm sure many forum members can tell you that.

Good luck with your car. And rememeber to post a pic when you get it!

If you need someone to look at it for you (if ur located in Melb) shoot us a PM.

razaman
30-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Take the car for a test drive, and Give it a bit of hammering, Red line the car, should be a smooth climb to 6,800 RPM.

redline is 6250, so taking it to 6800 won't be a good idea.;)

Raz

poid
30-07-2006, 07:58 PM
very low km's, does it look like its only done that many (ie is the car in good nick?)

Its normal for the car to sound like a bit of a diesel on startup (engine kinda has a tapping sound to it)

fuel consumption is good, i think i was a bit under 8L/100 on the highways and around 8.5L normal driving. even boosted its not above 9.5L/100 with mixed city/highway driving

xxx
30-07-2006, 08:17 PM
thanks for the reply guys, the car is owned by a mechanic, and i took a look at the engine inside through the oil cap.. it's been maintained very well with no leaks as far as i know, it does have service history with it.

one little thing i found is that there is a bit of rusty area( just under the battery, which seems a bit unsusal, i have seen another accord with the same problem. does anyone else have that in their accord 94? does the water somehow gets into the bay?
thanks

Xplodin
31-07-2006, 08:03 AM
redline is 6250, so taking it to 6800 won't be a good idea.;)

Raz

lol sorry raz,
i was just guessing from memory, couldnt b bothered going out to my car.

ah well my bad...

razaman
31-07-2006, 08:07 AM
lol sorry raz,
i was just guessing from memory, couldnt b bothered going out to my car.

ah well my bad...

haha no wonder your username is Xplodin!:p:D

Raz

JohnnyBoy
31-07-2006, 05:13 PM
thanks for the reply guys, the car is owned by a mechanic, and i took a look at the engine inside through the oil cap.. it's been maintained very well with no leaks as far as i know, it does have service history with it.

one little thing i found is that there is a bit of rusty area( just under the battery, which seems a bit unsusal, i have seen another accord with the same problem. does anyone else have that in their accord 94? does the water somehow gets into the bay?
thanks

I'm guessing it's from fluids leaking from the battery, dripping down, therefore causing the rust.

I have it in my 94 VTIS. Can't do much about it, it's quite common.

Just take a good look, and see if it's not coroded really bad.

01-08-2006, 12:11 AM
... but there is a bit of knocking sound coming from the engine when it first start? is that normal for accords?
what are the common problems with those cars, and any tips for how to avoid them?

another things is how does accord vtis go on fuel consumption?
thanks

Cold start on CD accord have knocking sound on the engine. My mechanic told me coz he was a honda Mechanic B4, when the engine warms. it wont sound any more. *hope it wont on urs*
Checking leaks on the hoses, how soft and how hard it goes..
squeeking at the back passenger usualy hapens. this is caused by the springs at the rear suspension. put a hose thourgh the springs would help it.
ABS light turns on .. check ur braking lights.. if ther is any problem.
Cv Boots need to check on that.
Fuel consumption mine about 9 to 10 littres /100 km .. depends how i drive d car

Btw that a low KMS on a 94 honda accord .. nice 1 u got :)

h22a accord
01-08-2006, 06:58 AM
good info 040501912, rep point.

i notice in your sig that you have your dyno reading. thats an impressive figure for an f22b. Do you have a baseline figure before you did mods? Also, what ecu are you using?

01-08-2006, 10:20 AM
THX h22a accord,

Stock internals, with stock ecu but piggy backed with Vafc II, b4 the Vafc II get tuned, i was runing 123 Hp on the front wheel, with Nology hot wires, powercore, full exhaust system, and C.A.I only. and about 10 HP gain after Vafc II is tuned.

For the power graph u may like to click the link, i have the readings on dat website.

xxx
02-08-2006, 03:18 AM
hey 040501912, u got a nice car dude, just checked out ur pics, the one i am buyin is just like urs, only it's a stock. where did u get ur head lights from?

h22a accord
02-08-2006, 09:50 AM
already checked the graph :) the most i got out of my f22b was 107hp. that was with cai and catback.

my jdm h22a has put out 148.9hp with cai and catback. both readings were on the same dyno.

its a pretty general rule that what ever hp you are getting at the wheels is the same in kw. ie f22b 107kw engine = 107hp atw.

have you run yours down the quarter mile?

02-08-2006, 10:02 AM
thx XXX,

i got it of from indonesia, its kinda diffrent headlight that u got from the Australian market i guess... dat guy imported it from USA as i remembered

I bought it as a packet, front and back light about $400 dollars i think if im not mistaken...

LOL yeah urs stock for awhile .. :P

02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
To h22a accord,

LOL naah i havnt have time to ran quater mile. Clutch was slipping away X_X.. new clutch on the way, hope will be ready by this Weekend ^_^

But did ran till 215 km/h ++ on the freeway LOL !!

my secondary cylinder is leaking too.. geeh old car!! got lots of things to look after. Give me a bloody headache

i think Quatermile about low 16 or may b high 15 dats if i take out all my soundsystem -_-" and all my interior!!

what did u get of ur accord for quater mile?

Dat power figure on urs, heei not much diffrent den my engine -_-" about 10 + more hp... i taught H22A would produce more den dat?? now im thinking to keep my engine X_X