PDA

View Full Version : Rear plate holder removal

simbadda54
30-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey guys. my plate holder rattles like a mofo when my subs are going. I have no idea how to remove the plate holder so can fix it up. Thhere are 3 screw things on the top but those dont seem to come out with a screw driver. THhe middle part of the screw things just keep turning if u know wat i mean. Any help appreciated.

ps. the plate holder was removed by the panel beater guy that painted it and dunno if the guy stuffed the screws up

EuroDude
30-07-2006, 01:33 AM
My plate rattled like a mofo too. Get some foam and jam it up behind the plate - it worked great for me.

The metal clip/bolt could be rusted or a bit dodgy. Sometimes if you pull on the screw with pliers while unscrewing it, then it comes out properly.

simbadda54
30-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Yea ill give it a go tomorrow but im scared i might break something or damage the paint with the pliers. I hate forcing stuff out ><

marte
30-07-2006, 01:46 PM
get double sided tape lol and put some foam or a thick cloth there.

xcwizit
31-07-2006, 02:25 PM
the screws on the top are clips. Use pliers to take out those clips. That is the only way. Then open up your boot and there should be 2 more screws inside the boot lid.

Good luck ...

mrwillz
31-07-2006, 02:32 PM
u gota get the back plastic cover off (inner side of boot), once thats off, there'll b a further 2 more bolts holding onto that. that u shud b able to see thru the metal boot.. (plus the 3 clips on the outer side)
did this wen i got myn color coded..

mrwillz
31-07-2006, 02:33 PM
hafing sed that, i dont think puttin nething on the holder itself is gona do nething

samepadding behind the no. plate itself will do the most

mugeneration
31-07-2006, 06:02 PM
unscrew your number plate and put big blobs of blu tac where the screws go in, and put nig blobs on all corners of your plate, then screw the plate back in. Stops it from rattling, is simple cheap and easy ;)