View Full Version : Tseesinngwailo's Economy Challenge

tseesinngwailo
31-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey All,

Have decided to try out a new challenge in getting more economy out of my DA9 with B16A.

My car has a CAI with Apexi style air filter and extractors off the Noltec Racing Civic, otherwise is standard B16A.

Standard 5 Speed box which revs at 3500rpm for 100klm/h in 5th.

I have been only revving to 3000rpm in any gear on my way too and from work (this is much harder to do constantly) to see if my economy will improve over revving to 4500 odd when taking off from lights etc.

So far the needle is sinking slower than it used to (always use HO-ULP Caltex or BP), and I am hoping for more than the 500km per 50L (I think thats whats in a DA tank) city cycle. (round trip from Wentworthville to North Ryde is 40Km)

This may seem like a silly/useless thing to do, but every dollar i save each week can go into buying stuff for the car.

Anyone else got figures on their economy?

Will post my findings when i next fill up.

Cheers, Chris

rev-tech
31-07-2006, 02:00 PM
i've been driving around my gf's A-class alot. it will get around 600k's from a tank around the city (give or take a bit)

and recently on a trip down to the snow we clocked up 500k's and only use 30L :D

FR33K
31-07-2006, 02:31 PM
i can get 550 - 600 off my b16a LS if i really squeeze it out
i start off good on monday and tuesday but by the end of the week i get too excited so i end up with
around 450 - 500 on average