PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Meguirs NXT Gen Wax and NXT Gen Wash

zorrt
31-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Disclaimer: The following is provided as my opinion only.

Just a short input for those who are interested the the NXT gen range. I tried these 2 products out over the weekend (supercheap had 20% storewide sale :]) and just had to say how happy I was with the results.

The NXT gen wash really lifts up the colour of the car and has a nice smell to kit. Much better than those kitten range which just washes the car leaving the colour as it is. Ive actually been using this for a while but my initial impression was that it brings the colour up to a similar result the normal meguir wax brings it to.

The NXT gen wax, although a good $20 more than the normal meguirs wax is quite worth it. Like it says on the packaging, its makes your paint darker and richer. I've used waxes and I can say the extra $20 for NXT gen wax is well worth it.

Fr3aKi3
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I gotta agree with the smell... lol
It reminds of bubblegum, i picked mine up as a package:
NXT Wash
NXT Wax (liquid)
and Meguiar's carry bag

all for 50, one of the best 50bux i've ever spent on a car product. :thumbsup:

shinji112
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
can i ask u zorrt what car u have? and wat year? and what condition your paint was in? hehe i know its a few Q's but yeah i really wanna get this and i duno if its overpriced just coz its that brand. coz the paint on my boot looks good but theres tiny scratches on it that makes it feel like shit. after i wax my boot it only feels a bit better. thx for any help!

aaronng
03-08-2006, 11:54 PM
NXT doesn't remove scratches or swirls. It does remove some oxidation and dirt, so it makes your paint look better.

urbanracer.com
04-08-2006, 12:07 AM
anyone used scratchx?? ive got a few light scratches (im assuming from minor sand grains froma chamois or soemthign)..

Fr3aKi3
04-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Scratch X works good for me, it's only useful for light scratches though.

timofytit
04-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Maybe try a swirl remover.

aaronng
04-08-2006, 04:34 PM
For proper swirl removal, look into getting a proper random orbital. None of the supercheap stuff, but proper 400W ones like the GMC, Bosch or Hitachi. I use Poorboys SSR2.5 with a medium cut pad on the bosch for my swirl removal.

zorrt
06-08-2006, 10:34 AM
can i ask u zorrt what car u have? and wat year? and what condition your paint was in? hehe i know its a few Q's but yeah i really wanna get this and i duno if its overpriced just coz its that brand. coz the paint on my boot looks good but theres tiny scratches on it that makes it feel like shit. after i wax my boot it only feels a bit better. thx for any help!

I have a red 94 DC2 and in my experience with red cars (my previous rolla was red too), red is a colour which tends to fade. The driver side paint on the door is kinda a hot pink red colour cuz of fading. The normal meguir wax will fix the colour up but I like the results of the NXT better since its darker.

Ive used scratchx, I try to polish my bumper as a test spot by hands then the cloth went red so I didnt try on any other parts of my car. But I used it on a CF bonnet I was selling off and it worked wonders. Made it look virtually brand new. Costed me 2 hrs of my life tho....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/zorrt/IMG_1335.jpg

EK4R
09-08-2006, 12:34 AM
For proper swirl removal, look into getting a proper random orbital. None of the supercheap stuff, but proper 400W ones like the GMC, Bosch or Hitachi. I use Poorboys SSR2.5 with a medium cut pad on the bosch for my swirl removal.

how much are we looking at for a proper orbital? price range

also with the nxt gen wax, would be work better on lighter colour cars like white compare to normal stuff? cos i believe it help bring out better for darker colour cars

aaronng
09-08-2006, 12:43 AM
how much are we looking at for a proper orbital? price range

also with the nxt gen wax, would be work better on lighter colour cars like white compare to normal stuff? cos i believe it help bring out better for darker colour cars
GMC's about 50-70 I think. Bosch is $150.

NXT wax looks good on any colour. Of course with white, the darkening effect is not noticeable.

Paul1985
13-08-2006, 06:14 PM
My EG Hatch's paint is quiet old and has quiet a few nicks and scratches..
All i did here was give it a wash with NXT wash and a meguires wash mitt and
chamois:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/Paul_K_1985/41.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/Paul_K_1985/37.jpg

More pics of it here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45991&page=9

preludacris
20-08-2006, 02:02 AM
how does nxt gen polish and wax, compare to the regular meguires step 2 and step 3 polish and carnuba wax?

aaronng
20-08-2006, 11:12 AM
how does nxt gen polish and wax, compare to the regular meguires step 2 and step 3 polish and carnuba wax?
Step 2 is a pure polish. It has no abrasives and all it does is fill up your scratches plus provide a little "moisturising" action that can rejuvenate dried paint. Step 3 is a carnauba blend wax.

The NXT line only has wax (sealant actually), quick detailer and shampoo for paint. There is no polish except for the metal polish (which you do not want to use on paint, I've tried it on my toolbox :( )

The NXT wax has some cleaners in it, so it will remove some oxidation and stains for stubborn dirt. In terms of cleaning action, it's stronger than Step 2 + 3. In terms of protection, it depends on how often you wash your car. The more often, the longer the wax will last. If you wash rarely, you usually end up abrading the wax off when you wash that thick layer of dirt and grime off. When I washed weekly, NXT lasted 2 months+. Water still beaded and the paint was smooth. When I started washing monthly, I found that there was no more beading and that the paint did not have the smooth feeling typical of a waxed surface.

egSi
20-08-2006, 02:27 PM
aarong = nxt guru :thumbsup: ;)

i have been using this stuff for a while and recommend it to all.

i have a milana pink(red) hatch and i swear it makes shit paint look its best.

give it a go guys :thumbsup:

preludacris
21-08-2006, 02:25 AM
okay well i'm kinda confused.

how would you use the nxt gen Wax along with other products

atm , i generally will ,

1. wash with gold class
2. polish with step 2
3. wax with step 3 carnuba

every few months i'll chuck a paint cleaner (step 1 i think) and clay bar, after the wash and b4 the polish

how would i throw in the nxt gen wax (or what would i replace)

thx guys

aaronng
21-08-2006, 02:31 AM
okay well i'm kinda confused.

how would you use the nxt gen Wax along with other products

atm , i generally will ,

1. wash with gold class
2. polish with step 2
3. wax with step 3 carnuba

every few months i'll chuck a paint cleaner (step 1 i think) and clay bar, after the wash and b4 the polish

how would i throw in the nxt gen wax (or what would i replace)

thx guys
NXT would replace step 3. Also, give it a go without step 2 and see if you get similar results. NXT might also fill mild swirls.

preludacris
22-08-2006, 11:24 PM
thanks man

i'll give it a try when i run outta my current bottle :D