PDA

View Full Version : JIN Stereo Spacing

Silence11
31-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm wanting to buy the below cup holder/CD holder for my car,
and the description says that it fits in a 'JIN Stereo Spacing'.

Can anyone tell me if this would fit in the bottom compartment
in my 99 civic CXi? It looks like it is the same size as where a stereo
would go, but i don't want to get it and then not have it fit!!

I've looked through my civic book, and i can't find anything to do with
size or anything like that...

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

http://www.aerprohifi.com/product_pics/FP9011.jpg

EG5[KRT]
31-07-2006, 06:52 PM
supposively they fit .. hondas seem to have the bigger jin size..

but also fits the normal DIN size as well ..

Fr3aKi3
01-08-2006, 09:02 AM
That looks like an aerpro product and should be jin/din size, it will wit the lower console but you'll have some issues. First being that the mounting holes on the cupholder won't line up with the holes on the bracket, this can be fixed though and you just need to remove the surrounding faceplate of the cupholder.

The other issue you'll have is the position of the cupholder, it sit a bit too high up so you can't actually get anything in there... lol

Take a look at my DIY write-up:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48036

I was installing an Aerpro Cupholder/storage draw, I still have to update it with pics of the cupholder sitting to high and think of a way to fix it. I thought about making my own bracket to angle the cupholder different so that it can be used, something to do for the weekend :)

EK9
01-08-2006, 10:28 AM
i don't understand y u guys don't just buy the oem cup holder that goes in that space? it sits under the pocket, and the drink holder ejects out like the one u got there... i know it comes in the ej8, duno bout other models tho (my jdm ek9 has it too).

Fr3aKi3
01-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Can't remember where i asked but i got quote 80 for it (OEM cupholder), this is about 50 and you get some cd draws =)