PDA

View Full Version : N00b Alert ! ! !

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey,
Im new to this forum... and hope to be giving and recieving some good advise !!

i own a 1996 Honda Civic VTI [Sedan] Sadly its a Auto :( [CVT]
IT ONLY GOT 27,000 KM's ONLY !!!!!

I have Only done some simple things to it and only got a few more things on my list..

Things i have done:
# 17" Shadow Chrome Rims
# K & N Air Intake
# Custom Sports Muffler & Tip [Dont worry nothing 2 rice :p ]

Things next to do:
# Dark Window Tint
# Sports Suspension (not to much lower, but really stiff so i can take on some of the twistys a we bit faster )
# Maybe Some Continental Tyres aswell 2 help out with the handling !

And this sexy little beast is my car :cool:
( a little collage i did )

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/8040/collagegz1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and a little pic of the muffler i just got put on it !
(sorry about the SH!T pic it from my phone )

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9262/nermuffler3kj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

m3ntAL_l2
31-07-2006, 07:11 PM
nice n clean car u got teher man, 96' with 27,000?? wow lucky u, i thought my 6yr old teg sittin on 60,000 was low
lol

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Yer mate its CRAZY ! lol

i got it from my grandparents like a year ago with 20,000 km tho LOL

but i hope 2 meat up on some cruizes or woteva u guyz do 2 meet some other Honda lovers :D

Chi
31-07-2006, 07:20 PM
pwhoar that car looks hotter than |N|'s car.

welcome to forums btw

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 07:24 PM
thanx m8.. whos "|N|" ? lol

Chi
31-07-2006, 07:30 PM
some homo with a white ek sedan

Kiz_EG6
31-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Man, there's nothing like a nice immaculate example!!

PPL dream of findin cars that have been used only to crawl to the corner store and back. like drivin' it off the showroom floor! :p

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys, it is a really clean example i must say !

the only problem i have with it is the light steering, and the lack of torque :(

but otherwise its a great car !!
No one believes me its 10 yrs old ! ! ! lol

Kiz_EG6
31-07-2006, 07:58 PM
light steering = fatter tyres maybe!?

As for torque, it's gettin cheaper and cheaper to go that turb option, or the good ol' engine conversion, but from the sound of it the one in it will last quite a while.

Just remember, the car is designed to handle the power from the stk motor, more power means you need bigger breaks, good tyres, good suspension etc...

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 08:01 PM
exactly what ill be doing next ! lol (aswell as some window tint)
i took it to the Galstone Gorge [not speeding just on the limit!] on sunday, and it whent alright, im sure it will handle even better with some Sportier suspension, some struts and some good tyres !

i wanted to shove some Accord brakes in but i wona consentrate on some handling first (ill just get some race pads going, with the stock brakes)

Actually that gives me a idea ! Honda cruize to the GORGE !!! lol

[Sorry about my spelling, lol]

Kiz_EG6
31-07-2006, 08:07 PM
maate. sounds like u got sum good spotz up there! yeah will look real shhhleeek wit tint and da right wheels!!! Good base to start at.

When ur doin suspension, don't think that just slammin' it on lowered springs is gonna be enough. i brought mine low as and it handled worse than they do from factory, infact my stock 88 integra handled betta, but get the right setup and you'll have the last laugh wit ppl who think only rear wheel drives belong on da track!!:D

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 08:16 PM
i was thinking of not even lowering the car at all !
It will stuff up the handling and stop me from getting up my driveway ! :eek: Lol

The civics are very low stock ! (i think ill get the plastic below the doors painted body colour so it looks lower) and then just get the suspension 2 inhance the handling only, maybe a bit of CAMBER !! hehe

i have only had experience with Rear-wheel drives at the track, ( mx-5's, as my dad has a track 1 runing 1:12's at wakefield !! and thats a N/A 1.6 !)
But i reckon that the civics got some real potentiol.

Dont u like my Rims ? :(

Kiz_EG6
31-07-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah, mad rims, they 17"?

Sounds like you have a good resource 4 na modding wit ur old man onboard, time to play wit sum fwd setups.

I have Koni ajustable gas struts in mine, lowered to a reasonable level with whiteline springs, camber and caster kit front and rear.
Plus fat sway bars, telling you now, for 2000 bucks worth of gear i couldn't have done better!! the sways are real important in a fwd, they just stiffen her up that little bit more and eliminate the understeer issue that turns most ppl off fwd racing. To tell you the truth mine has more tendancy to oversteer now than understeer, i find this a good thing, because if you get in troubl, you just ease off the throttle and slam it back down, instantly giving control back to the front wheels.

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 08:34 PM
since im pritty new 2 the car modn world ( WHAT A WONDERFULL WORD ) i dont know that much about the prices and places to go, Lol..

i whant to just stiffen the car up for cornering and dont know what to get ! (but i whant to spend well under $900)

oh and yer my rims are 17" ! i love em :) they just look smart, not over the top IMO .

Kiz_EG6
31-07-2006, 08:43 PM
well, maybe start with some SLIGHTLY lower, much stiffer rated springs. your factory shocks should be pretty good anyway. Or even start with front and rear sway bars, whiteline do some quality products, sways will prob be well under 200 bucks each.

http://www.whiteline.com.au

Just go to "your car" and follow the links, pretty comprehensive articles on some makes, should be one on ur's.

Oh yeah and don't forget to check out the "funnies" section, it kept me busy at work 4 hours.

It's funny, they've blocked most net access, but whiteline are one of our suppliers, so you can get straight on, and it doesn't even look like you've been stuffing around!! :angel:

SHIFTY
31-07-2006, 08:52 PM
yer, iv been thinking of just doin the sways (Front & Rear) and i did hear whiteline are the best.
Thanx man..
i apreciate all the help u have given me :)

Kiz_EG6
02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
hey, no problem man. Hope you love the world of honda powa, trust me man, i don't think i'll eva own anything else!! :)