PDA

View Full Version : installing dvd screen into DA9 integra

zoopsta
31-07-2006, 07:54 PM
hey guys,

a few of you may own a DA9 integra and even if u dont, then maybe u can still help out. i want to install a motorised dvd screen, however, the air-con controls are in the way when the face flips up (those who own a DA9 will kno wat im talking about). does anyone have any idea wat i can do? if need be, i'll take a foto to show my dilemma...

EKVTIR-T
31-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I actually installed the headunit protruding out about 25mm and when screen flips up its clears upper coontrols.

TRU32U
01-08-2006, 12:02 AM
yup u can install the brace out a bit more and it will clear it
but kinda ugly

stanleym
01-08-2006, 08:46 AM
get a doudle din dvd screen??

or look at the jvc kd-avx1 or 2 and then buy sunvisor screens and plg them in the back?

LO_N_SXC
01-08-2006, 09:44 AM
hey guys,

a few of you may own a DA9 integra and even if u dont, then maybe u can still help out. i want to install a motorised dvd screen, however, the air-con controls are in the way when the face flips up (those who own a DA9 will kno wat im talking about). does anyone have any idea wat i can do? if need be, i'll take a foto to show my dilemma...
^^^ Yep i know what you're talking about I had that same problem when I bought mine, it just wouldnt clear the controls so in the end I ended up selling the screen.

IMO you should look into the Kenwood range of monitors, a friend of mine works at JB HI-FI and suggested i should get this Kenwood monitor that looks quite much like a sat nav one but its the same thing as one of those DVD/CD/Tubner etc etc ones but it takes up the whole double din, oh and yes this type is also motorised so it lets you tilt it up or down to pretty much a 45deg angle.

Have a look into one of those is the bes suggestion I would have.

good luck bro :thumbsup: ;)

SKREMN
01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
This is what i did with my DA9, I rerouted the air vents down where the head unit was and put the head unit where the air vents where
it works great you dont have to look down to watch tv while driving
it looks standard people dont even notice it when they get in my car untill i tell them what i did

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/dash.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b164/skremnLS/sideshot.jpg

dudeling7
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
WoW man thats an awesome set up, good work on the job, was it a hard job or did you do it yourself?

SKREMN
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
it wasnt that hard just fiddely trying to line it all up and stuff
need to be hand;y with fiberglass and bog
the airvents and pocket where is deck was is also fiberglassed and painted
i did it all my self
hardest part it making the new facia to cover the surroundings
the dash facia is now mostly fiberglass and bog
the right side air vent has two guages in its place now and then just painted the facia black