PDA

View Full Version : EF8 PARTS

AUSVTEC
29-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Hi guys, dose anyone know where i can get some cheap dash parts for a ef8 crx
I got a half cut and i am missing a few bits.
:cry:

mr crex
29-09-2003, 07:15 PM
I also got an ef8 half cut sitting in pieces ... what dash parts do you need bud ?

Steve-O

wynode
29-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Have a look at the sticky in the Marketplace forum. There are some Honda parts dealers listed there.

Gluck.

Setanta
29-09-2003, 11:10 PM
Steve-o is highly recommended.

The EF8 airbox works a treat in my EF9 :)

mr crex
29-09-2003, 11:41 PM
good to hear bud

engine should be getting put in next week so will let U know about the mounts then man.

as for the dash ... I got complete dash but in pieces.

only prob is the a/c section is broken

AUSVTEC
30-09-2003, 09:06 AM
My a/c is broken in two aswell.
I am after a complete a/c.
and the main cd ashtray and storage section.
Mine was brocken at the base of the tape slot.
Do you know where you can get panell replacement filters, i went to honda and they dont know what an ef8 crx is. or the filter elemant....

Setanta
30-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I have two - one was made by Jamex (it's for the euro EE8/EE9) and the other was custom made by Finer Filter (they are around the corner from me at Rydalmere). The custom made one is excellent - it cost me 50 bucks and can be cleaned with dishwashing detergent and re-oiled using finer filter's "oil". The jamex looks nicer, but I'm not sure that it flows as well as the FF - but Gary from the NSW HCC had it on hand.

Looking at them, I'd go the FF route personally :)

BTW guys, re the A/C - unlike the Aussie ones, they are servo operated and you cant get the parts from Honda Au (hereafter known as the "bastards") as they will not look for parts for anything that wasn't released in Australia. Honda NZ on the other hand will and Strong for Honda (wreckers) is your best bet for excellent service and parts availability :)

Cheers

AUSVTEC
30-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks for your help mate, I have to go to rydalmere today so i might check them out.
Ill get in contact with honda nz, tanks again.

Setanta
30-09-2003, 12:16 PM
No worries - if you are out Rydalmere way, give me a ring on 0423223852 and you can see what mine looks like. :)

Cheers
Pete

AUSVTEC
30-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I just got back and seen the message but i might be out that way in the next couple of days so i might give you a call.
cheers

Setanta
30-09-2003, 05:06 PM
No worries mate :)

mr crex
30-09-2003, 06:59 PM
are you after the centre piece that the stereo headunit slides in between and theres a small shelf under it and then the ashtrey under that ?

I might have that piece in my garage at the other house ... I will go down and check sometime this week for U.

I know I got the ashtrey sitting there ... but I think some parts fell off the truck on the way to the house from the workshop lol

AUSVTEC
01-10-2003, 08:35 AM
yer thats the bit i am after mate.
Just pm me if ya find it.