01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Installation is so easy

Ballast placing location
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6679/p1020800copyue6.jpg
Use long Cable ties to hold it in place
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/7986/p1020799nc3.jpg

|N|
02-08-2006, 12:34 AM
is htis suppose to be a DIY to educate ppl on how to install?
did u miss out on a few pics?

destrukshn
02-08-2006, 01:43 AM
or you could use that bolt on the left on that pic

Penguin
03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
my ballasts are in the engine bay, it does take a bit of work though. be patient with it and it should turn out OK. my unit is made by motomate in australia.

kit927
04-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Installation is so easy

Ballast placing location
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6679/p1020800copyue6.jpg
Use long Cable ties to hold it in place
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/7986/p1020799nc3.jpg
HAHA... yeah the cable tie's werent long enough so we had to connect a few together... :p :p
remember to use "LONG" cable ties...

KIT

bankids
21-12-2006, 10:41 PM
you can put them under the headlights. there is always a space for ballast

preludacris
22-12-2006, 02:08 AM
is it necessary to take off the front bar to install the jazz HID

can't you just go in thru the wheel well, and mount the ballast somewhere there ?

LSD GD3
22-12-2006, 08:30 AM
is it necessary to take off the front bar to install the jazz HID

can't you just go in thru the wheel well, and mount the ballast somewhere there ?

well the guy who install it wants to be Pro about it so took it off
and taking bumper off is not hard for jazz... 4 screws and few clips

still can get to the place in the photo from the wheel...

but H4 the bulb is a bit big and some need to fit in to the unit there for need to take the head lights off for more pro and easy getting in to. so if you could fit the bulb in ok then don't need to take bumper off which many people here just dump it in the engine bay...

saxman
22-12-2006, 12:33 PM
nothing says quality like "asscar" brand ballasts

I love the sad attempt at ripping off the hella gen 3 ballast design

preludacris
22-12-2006, 01:56 PM
LOOLL ASSCAR hahahah

oh .. i think i know what u mean with the H4 bulbs, coz they a bit long yeah ? how hard to install without removing headlights? coz i will be doing in the next couple weeks.

EK4R
22-12-2006, 02:02 PM
if you dont want to install the ballast inside the bumper then you need to find a place to put it in the engine bay. dont think you really need to remove headlight that way and probably take you few hours to get both. all plug n play

bankids
22-12-2006, 03:07 PM
when you see cops u'll realize why a pro installation will hide them.

saxman
22-12-2006, 04:40 PM
I'd imagine any cop that knows what they're looking for can easily figure out you're using hids without seeing the ballasts.

LSD GD3
22-12-2006, 04:47 PM
nothing says quality like "asscar" brand ballasts

I love the sad attempt at ripping off the hella gen 3 ballast design

i don't know about the ripping off... is a very standed ballast design... but?

why is it sad?

is less then 1/2 the price and dose the same job

bankids
22-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I'd imagine any cop that knows what they're looking for can easily figure out you're using hids without seeing the ballasts.

yep what ur saying is ture, that's all depends on the cops mood, even ur driving a stock evo9 my fren got pulled over with no reason...

saxman
22-12-2006, 06:23 PM
i don't know about the ripping off... is a very standed ballast design... but?

why is it sad?

is less then 1/2 the price and dose the same job

actually, it's one design, the hella LVQ-212... and it's most certainly a rip off, in every sense of the word. They package the design to look the same, so people can assume they're getting the quality of the hella ballasts, but are in fact not. They hardly do the same job. These cheap ballasts are by no means comparable.

[stealth]
22-12-2006, 06:35 PM
can u throw up some pics of ur cut-off lines @ night against a wall.. should be pretty straight and sharp

LSD GD3
22-12-2006, 07:08 PM
;1015979']can u throw up some pics of ur cut-off lines @ night against a wall.. should be pretty straight and sharp

Well my one is cos i change to projector headlight... and got a cut off line with in the projector... but can't post up pic's cos not in town...

LSD GD3
22-12-2006, 07:21 PM
actually, it's one design, the hella LVQ-212... and it's most certainly a rip off, in every sense of the word. They package the design to look the same, so people can assume they're getting the quality of the hella ballasts, but are in fact not. They hardly do the same job. These cheap ballasts are by no means comparable.

don't know where you get these info from about rip off but ... i have seen many many ballast made from many different country and they look pretty much the same... how would you know that hella have not sold off the design ??? i have seen a Holden that looks like a Camry... dose that mean Holden rip off Toyota?

and don't know how you would think people assume is hella ballast when it has a clearly stated name on the ballast and made in different country… but most of all most people don’t even know hella has the same looking ballast…
:confused:

bigdongers
22-12-2006, 07:34 PM
where did you get the projector lights from?

saxman
22-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I get this information directly through dealers with hella. Every single one of these knockoffs that spring up are brought to hella's attention for pursuance of legal ramifications, as they take knock offs of their designs VERY seriously.

The cheap knock off companies mimic the visible appearance of the hella ballasts, as it's a very common design. People look at it, assume it's the same part that comes on a lot of oem cars, as without looking closely they appear the same.

It's a way for cheap companies that produce very low quality parts to pass them off as something worth purchasing. The buyer sees a recognizable image, and associates the quality of the hella product with that. When they end up failing, which they almost always do, this mimicing of the hella product becomes bad for buisness.

there's a huge difference between cars borrowing styling cues, and a design that's a mirror image, with the exception of a few text items being changed to dance the thin line of outright copyright infringement.

LSD GD3
22-12-2006, 11:40 PM
I get this information directly through dealers with hella. Every single one of these knockoffs that spring up are brought to hella's attention for pursuance of legal ramifications, as they take knock offs of their designs VERY seriously.

The cheap knock off companies mimic the visible appearance of the hella ballasts, as it's a very common design. People look at it, assume it's the same part that comes on a lot of oem cars, as without looking closely they appear the same.

It's a way for cheap companies that produce very low quality parts to pass them off as something worth purchasing. The buyer sees a recognizable image, and associates the quality of the hella product with that. When they end up failing, which they almost always do, this mimicing of the hella product becomes bad for buisness.

there's a huge difference between cars borrowing styling cues, and a design that's a mirror image, with the exception of a few text items being changed to dance the thin line of outright copyright infringement.

you just saying the same thing all over again ... !!!
and this is not the subject of this Title !!!

hahaha just can say good luck to hella...

bankids
23-12-2006, 02:29 AM
i assume all the tooth paste companies riping colgate as they all have a same shape of the tube..the cheap companies should make the toothpaste tube the other way..

also the tyre companies like chinese ones their cheap damn tyres just looks similar to the top brand ones. they shouldn't make tyres look like tyres, should make them look like cube or other shape

BTW damn chinese made bmw 318 shouldn't have 4wheels, that's just too similar to german made bmws..they got the same shape.. should have 3 wheels only to make it looks different to a genman car..

preludacris
23-12-2006, 02:56 AM
LOOOLLL

pretty funny

anywho, this is way OT. Look, they are a cheaper ballast with same kinda design, who cares anyway, they are shitter but they are cheaper. its like fake type R knob and real Type R knob, look similar, both do the same thing, 1 is better quality than the other. u get what you pay for. back OT.

so besides the mounting point below the headlight, are there any other popular places to mount? just curious. :)

saxman
23-12-2006, 08:05 AM
i assume all the tooth paste companies riping colgate as they all have a same shape of the tube..the cheap companies should make the toothpaste tube the other way..

if a company put out a tube of toothpaste that looked nearly identical to the genuine article, but was spelled clogate, and had a few text items changed, you can be guaranteed they would react the same way. Same thing if someone produced a BMW 325 copy, and made the badge say "BWM 352".

Point of the matter is that they don't do the same thing. One will last nearly forever, one will fail in a matter of months to years, and have lots of problems in the mean time. They're cheap because the company sacrafices quality to get a lower price, to produce basically a disposable product.

Anyway, where else to mount it? Anywhere that's not going to get wet basically.

LSD GD3
23-12-2006, 09:17 AM
if a company put out a tube of toothpaste that looked nearly identical to the genuine article, but was spelled clogate, and had a few text items changed, you can be guaranteed they would react the same way. Same thing if someone produced a BMW 325 copy, and made the badge say "BWM 352".

Point of the matter is that they don't do the same thing. One will last nearly forever, one will fail in a matter of months to years, and have lots of problems in the mean time. They're cheap because the company sacrafices quality to get a lower price, to produce basically a disposable product.

Anyway, where else to mount it? Anywhere that's not going to get wet basically.

THE BALLAST IS WATER PROOF (" THE CHEAP RIP OFF ONE. don't know about the hella") can drop it in a bucket of water with the light bulb and still can turn on “IN THE WATER”

So just had to make sure it is safe from engine heat for the cables and can take the every day driving shake and sudden stop… if you are very lazy just wrap it with foam mat and stick it in a place that’s snug and would not be heated and can take the shake…

saxman
23-12-2006, 11:21 AM
A fully potted ballast(the closest you can get to waterproof) can still have issues with water exposure. Yes, I've seen the advertisements where they submerge the ballast and bulb underwater. I've also seen TONS of those ballasts fail due to water exposure.

LSD GD3
23-12-2006, 12:49 PM
A fully potted ballast(the closest you can get to waterproof) can still have issues with water exposure. Yes, I've seen the advertisements where they submerge the ballast and bulb underwater. I've also seen TONS of those ballasts fail due to water exposure.

Don't know where and what brand you seen maybe hella. but not this one sorry

so don't say things about what you think when is only you think... not Factual

saxman
23-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Have you personally submerged one of your ballasts in water with it fired up?

The masscar hid systems use the Eagle brand hella knock off ballasts, which have an extremeley high failure rate. They seal the hell out of the ballasts so they can claim they're waterproof, which is great and all, but the quality of the product is so poor they fail left and right. The sealant can/has failed in many cases, causing them to be damaged from water exposure... really though, that's the least of your worries.

LSD GD3
23-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Have you personally submerged one of your ballasts in water with it fired up?

The masscar hid systems use the Eagle brand hella knock off ballasts, which have an extremeley high failure rate. They seal the hell out of the ballasts so they can claim they're waterproof, which is great and all, but the quality of the product is so poor they fail left and right. The sealant can/has failed in many cases, causing them to be damaged from water exposure... really though, that's the least of your worries.

Yes i Have
And have display at show room in a 8ft fish tank with Fish.... :wave:

where you get your facts from?

sorry not the same brand and not the same factory...

Sorry i can't say for others but i have not had one Fail and return yet and thats a fact !

And again this is not the Subject for this Title...

saxman
23-12-2006, 06:19 PM
what company produces the ballasts then?

masscar has used eagle produced ballasts previously

bankids
27-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Yes, I've put my Supervision Brand HID kits into water with power one as well, i'll post pic later tonight or tmr, it works fine, and i didn't cut the power for 1 week unlike the others just put in water for 5 minutes.

the results is after 1 week contiune working, the metal wire was snaped because of the chamical effect between water and very high voltage, but the ballast is still working in my car now. and I felt really free about doing this test due to the very best warranty policy.

Conclution, the ballasts are fully water proof, but don't let the bulb work in water for more than 1 week which i think no one will fill their headlight with water..

yes maybe the ballasts looks not water proof. but they have glue inside of the shell, that's why they are so heavy.
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=73696

civiceg9
07-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Here are some information you guys might want to know about the Philips LVQ-212 and Hella 3rd Gen Ballast

What is the difference between a Philips LVQ-212 and the similar looking Hella gen 3 ballast?
Operationally and sizewise, they are identical. There are apparently some minor differences inside, but details are currently unknown and are not important. The printed circuit boards inside both units are labled "Hella" (http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hella-lvq212-difference.jpg), and for the untrained eye, all components look the same.

Is the LVQ-212 water and acid proof?
No. It is designed to withstand light mist of non acid water. Splashes from high pressure washers, big pot holes, heavy downpour with hood open, garden hoses, liquid battery acid and battery fumes will enter the ballast unless protected. In most cases electronic components that are build in will degrade and ballast will intermittant or permanently fail. If water enters ballast overtime, it will create corrosion and eventually a total failure will happen. So if people say is a Philips and submerge it underwater you know is not a Philips ballast. The only OEM ballast that is waterproof is build by Matsushita.

You might want to read this and understand why aftermarket HID is dangerous and illegal

http://www.hella-press.de/search_detail.php?text_id=189&language=e&newdir=eng (http://www.hella-press.de/search_detail.php?text_id=189&language=e&newdir=eng)

The Hella, Philips, Matsushita Ballast cost more then $2XX itself.
Knock off or not a knock off, you get what you pay for.
for $250 you cant complaint as an OEM HID kit cost around $800.

bankids
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
don't forget the auto leveling system and self washer and the projector, the total cost of a legal HID system might cost over $3000.