PDA

View Full Version : best size exhaust for S2K?

integrity
02-08-2006, 08:22 AM
hi guys im considering doing an exhaust on my S2K. . .
might go extractors and all or just cat back but im enquiring what is the best size?
recommended . . .
power . . .
efficiency . . .
tips or cannons? (what do you guys reckon?) . . .
also when is the S2000 boys and NSX boys going to go for a cruise?..

.::F[L]Y::.
02-08-2006, 08:43 AM
personally i have changed the headers on my car and all i can say is that the stock header is pretty much the best around, unless ur willing to fork out big bucks for mugen or toda.

In terms of cat back u will get the best gains from a single outlet exhaust, not to mention the weight savings as well. I went with 2.5" exhaust for mine as i dont see the point of going 3". You will notice once u change cat back the car will rev more freely. Pick the right exhaust and the car will sound similar to an F1 car on vtec.

Pls stay away from putting on some el cheapo brand on your car as with a car like this you dont want it sounding like a fart cannon.

integrity
02-08-2006, 08:47 AM
thanks fly your always the first to save me buddy lolz
i want to keep dual system ...
my brother converted his soarer from twin to single and it really isnt my cup of tea if you know what i mean.
what do you guys recommend for twin system

02-08-2006, 09:10 AM
thanks fly your always the first to save me buddy lolz
i want to keep dual system ...
my brother converted his soarer from twin to single and it really isnt my cup of tea if you know what i mean.
what do you guys recommend for twin system

depends on ur budget. I was gona go for the fujitsubo legalis R which is abt 1100-1200 landed. great exhaust system, not too loud for daily driving but loud when u give it a hit. OR there is the HKS system which is also nice but i dont like the look of the twin cannons.

integrity
02-08-2006, 09:08 PM
what about just getting one custom made up ...
not mandrel bent but like a nice stainless steel?
would twin 1.5 inch be ok?

CONAN
03-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey on the same note and I know that integrity wants a twin pipe.

But what is a nice quiet single exhaust for the S2k's????

03-08-2006, 06:50 PM

dont think that is possible?? unless you customize it and put extra resonators or something. i had the ARC titanium single outlet and it was loud as in the cabin. but from outside wasnt too loud.

BRU51N
03-08-2006, 07:33 PM

hks silent power, or spoon would be a quiet jap brand exhaust u should look at.

ludecrs
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
When I can afford it, I'm going Invidia Duals I think.
I dont want riceboy drone or anything though, just something harmonic when vtec is engaged. Also don't want cabin noise.... :( Must be duals though. I hate how people have cars that come standard with duals, then go singular. It looks so gay. Especially when they point them out the side, hahaha.

ROLLED
03-08-2006, 11:31 PM
isn't the spoon N1 one of the loudest exhausts for the s2k?

i've seen a few cars with the fujitsubo, i think i'd get that.

jimmiboi
04-08-2006, 08:15 AM
single zaust looks better

04-08-2006, 09:02 AM
theres a single kakimoto exhaust forsale over at s2ki.com and an apexi single outlet exhaust for sale on firesport.com for those who are interested.

integrity
04-08-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah im gonna go the twins
the car is made for tract right with a 50/50 weight distribution on it
wouldnt one side be slightly heavier then the other with a single (plus i think single looks gay)
ive seen it on soarers and its not my cup of tea

ludecrs
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
but a single exhaust saves weight :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Like 3kgs is gonna make any sort of difference.:D

integrity
04-08-2006, 12:27 PM
its 3kgs man
i would agree to add 3 kgs and have more appeal

BRU51N
04-08-2006, 01:25 PM
isn't the spoon N1 one of the loudest exhausts for the s2k?

i've seen a few cars with the fujitsubo, i think i'd get that.

i read somewhere on this table, and the spoon showed up as the 3rd lowest in db's

BRU51N
04-08-2006, 01:26 PM
its 3kgs man
i would agree to add 3 kgs and have more appeal

i reckon the single looks better imo, if i was to go aftermarket exhaust i'd get a single for sure.

integrity
04-08-2006, 02:39 PM
im a twin sorta guy
what do you guys think 1 1/3 on each ?

ROLLED
04-08-2006, 05:11 PM
are u talking about the pipe diameter or wat?? the stock s2k exhaust is 2.25inch mandrel bent as well is it not?

WhiteAP1
06-08-2006, 02:55 PM
When i bought my car, it had a single custom exhaust. 2.5 inch cat back,resonator, to a 3' cannon. It was loud as all f**k and very sluggish. There was more response with the scilencer in. I got rid of it and got a fujitsubo legalis R, best thing i could have done.(only 1 DB louder than stock and much more free flowing). The singles can save a bit of weight, and might squeeze a couple of unnoticable Kw out of them (NA), but most of all, they'll drone like anything. IMO for a daily driven NA s2k,twin is much better suited.

Now my advice would be to stay the hell away from "custom" set ups. The S is a very temperamental car, and i would bet that unless amuse or toda are making ure custom exhaust, u'll be losing power, response and drivability. Stick with a brand exhaust. They've poored thousands of dollars into R & D with proven results. I did alot of reasearch before i bought my exhaust and the Fujitsubo suited me best. My advise would be to use the search function in this forum, and to make sure u do the same in S2ki.com

Just a side note S2ki.com have write ups about any possible mod that could be made to the S2000. Every topic/mod has been covered,with detailed results, so go in and start searching. U'll not only find ure answers ure get more info on other effective mods u can make.

integrity
07-08-2006, 06:35 PM
well i lose power just goin to lil cannons on the rear the rest standard?

WhiteAP1
07-08-2006, 08:53 PM
no point doing that IMO. Ure butchering OEM parts that cost a packet and u wont be making any difference (apart from a ricer fart sound);) . Uve already forked out a few $$$ for the car, dont go cheap on parts, do it right the first time, u'll thank ureself in the end.

Now u just got ure car, enjoy it a bit, learn to drive it, learn a bit more about it, read up on different products. U'll find the S2000 to be extreamly sensetive to mods , so u should choose them carefully. Find out what works and what doesnt. While ure doing this, u can put a bit of cash away to spend wisely later. Thats just my opinion. If u want ure car to be a bit louder in the mean time, take the lid off ure air box, u'll get heat soak and lose power but it will sound louder. In the end its ure choice :thumbsup:

integrity
08-08-2006, 08:02 AM
yeah i guess your right
im still trying to choose a air filter as well
i know the s2k is sensitive to mods so im trying to find very correctly
air filters are listed below(recommendation please)

blitx SS airfilter
k&n twin flow
simota twin flow

im think the SS one

integrity
08-08-2006, 08:04 AM
do you guys also no where to pick up the mugen style intake for s2k for cheap???
some prices are just outragous

ludecrs
08-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the S2000 world, where everything is outrageously overpriced.

integrity
08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
lols thanks i noticed

WhiteAP1
08-08-2006, 02:09 PM
im getting my mugen intake for $1650, but thats b/c ive purchased everything from the same guy, ive been quoted close to $3k by some. If ure in melb im happy to give u the datails.

yourfather
08-08-2006, 02:14 PM
im getting my mugen intake for $1650, but thats b/c ive purchased everything from the same guy, ive been quoted close to $3k by some. If ure in melb im happy to give u the datails.

Sounds like an ok price.

nengun.com quotes 1626 delivered.

:D

WhiteAP1
08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
yeah i guess your right
im still trying to choose a air filter as well
i know the s2k is sensitive to mods so im trying to find very correctly
air filters are listed below(recommendation please)

blitx SS airfilter
k&n twin flow
simota twin flow

im think the SS one

Again with the filter, OEM is more than good enough,save ure money an aftermarket airfilter really wont have any impact on the car. I got a K&N fliter for birthday present a few years ago, it does nothing.

Have read of what TODA AU has to say about modifying the stock air box,its alot more effective than dropping in a pod.

Remeber search is ure friend, and if u really want to get to know ure car jump on S2ki.com, u wont even need to ask Q's just search.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19307&page=2

integrity
08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
trhanks guys real helpful