PDA

View Full Version : jap import crx del sol electric boot

bigtymerz1
02-08-2006, 03:54 PM
i have recently purchased my new crx and it has the electric boot which raises and your roof goes into it but as it closes the boot does not shut fully and im assuming that the roof is not in properly.

instead of me sliding the roof into the boot should something slide out and collect the boot for me?

i hope someone can help
much appreciated tks
Mark

SINISTR
02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Mark,

YES ... the electric roof means the targa panel is picked up and hidden all electrically.
when you press the button to open the boot, it should go up to full open. You then unclip the targa (not sure 100% of the order here) but the back of the roof should pop up and two metal rods will slide out from the boot lid and into holes which are in the roof. U unclip the front of the targa roof from inside the cabin and the roof is automatically retracted into the boot lid.

Everything then closes and shuts properly. What you're doing is probably how the manual targa roof works. you open the boot, unclip the targa roof and try storing it in the boot - thats not the correct way.

You'll work it out :)

Twincam16
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
yes, two metal arms as Sinistr said. There is something wrong with either a connection or arm actuators/motors that move them. Pretty expensive to fix up when it comes to replacement parts, but you might be able to DIY & save some moula...

dsp26
02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
if above fail, PM Vamos... he had a jap import one....

bigtymerz1
03-08-2006, 01:45 PM
tks heaps for the replys guys i will get pics up soon, the button on the dash to open the boot doesnt work but when u push it u hear a clicking noise but nufin happens, so i have to use my key to open it, cause the button is broken could that be the reason y the rods arent sliding out to get the roof?