PDA

View Full Version : Door frame

RIVAL
02-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Anyone know off any threads or anyone that could help me take my door frame off on the driver side i have and accord CD5. guide or a step by step would be great :)

destrukshn
02-08-2006, 04:22 PM
what do you mean by door frame?

Vinnie
02-08-2006, 07:29 PM
im guessing that u mean the plastic inside panel of the door? is this to try and fit some new speakers? im not sure howd u go about it but jus tryin to clear that up for ne ppl that do know :D and were u finally convinced not to sell the accord to get a civic? ;)

RIVAL
03-08-2006, 03:59 PM
lol i like accords but still going with a civic better for petrol. but yeah im talking bout the plastic panel inside the door cuz the central locking mechanism makes a ****ed up noise when u lock the car.

destrukshn
03-08-2006, 05:07 PM
ah..
there aren't too many screws, there is one screw for the grab handle, and one for the door handle, you un screw the one for the door handle, then unclip the handle from the rod with a flat head, i can't remember if there's any other screws, but from there you just pull out the trim, becuase it's only held on by clips, then unplug the door switches.

28RAG
04-08-2006, 01:04 PM
I did this a million times in mine...

1) take off plastic cover for backing of mirror
2) unscrew screw in door pocket (where your arm normally goes)(disconnect opwer window plug if in drivers door)
3) unscrew screw behind door handle
4) lift out and unplug elec window and unclip locking rod
5) pull from the bottom, should just pop the bottom half off
6) lift upwards which should lift it off the door itself
7) then unplug the courtesy lamps and your done, its off

RIVAL
04-08-2006, 11:06 PM
i took it off succesfully but i dont think i can get to the locking mechanism where the sound is coming from. as anyone ever had a locking sound with there accord?

28RAG
06-08-2006, 10:58 AM
a locking sound?

go into a bit more detail about when it happens and stuff mate

RIVAL
07-08-2006, 10:58 AM
ok. well when i press the alarm and the door locks the driver side lock makes a sound as if its struggling to go down but it still locks.

sounds like this EE EE EE EE EE EE then lock

destrukshn
27-08-2006, 04:00 PM
door lock actuator?
those things come with standard central locking?
i know of some that came standard, don't know if all did, but if your one is standard, then it's a common problem dude.

if it's aftermarket, make sure the solenoid is mounted correctly, or it could be screwed itself, but after market ones are cheap and straigh forware to replce.