PDA

View Full Version : remove back side panels from Civic Coupe

tron07
03-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Anyone know how to remove the side plastic panels at the side of the back seats from the Civic Coupe?

Want to do some sound deadening to the coupe body.

Also to remove the speaker cover, just yank it out?? Clip on and no screws?
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/civic/1999/19849_02.html

Elwood
04-08-2006, 02:58 PM
what year is your civic? i have a 92 coup and when my mate installed my system, theres a couple of screws and the back seat panels come right off.. takes 5 mins.. in the boot aswell just look around

tron07
04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
96 coupe, the rear seats are folding type, havent got time to remove all the boot carpet though but then dont see any hatch or screws.

Kandy
05-08-2006, 01:27 AM
hey tron07,
i have a 96 coupe. you have to remove the rear seats (or at least one of them) before you can take out the side panels and parcel shelf. when you fold the seats down towards the bottom there is a couple of small slits in the carpet that if you fold over will expose a couple of bolts.
the speaker in the front has 3 screws and the speaker cover you kinda jingle off in an angle...

btw- you really only need sound deadener in the boot and the front doors and under your number plate- unless your car is already rattleing???

tron07
05-08-2006, 10:16 AM
thanks for the tips... And how do you remove the seat (the part where you sit on) I dont see any latch you normally find on car seats. Not sure how to release the hooks on the seat yet.

I like a solid car, now the side of the rear part is like an empty coke can. If you cut small 1 cm wide stripes of Dynamat and stick it here and there, it will make the body side pannel more solid and less prone to vibration.

Kandy
05-08-2006, 08:56 PM
i haven't tried removing the part that you sit on before... i don't think i've ever needed to and you don't need to to remove the side panel thing.

my car doesn't vibrate at all (apart from the number plate and i just had that changed over) and there is dynamat only in the boot and in the front doors.