PDA

View Full Version : Sydney V8 Supercars street race at Olympic Park set to replace Oran Park.

hethro87
03-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Hey Guys and Girls.

As many of you know (or will know now) Oran park will be closing down this year. It's a crying shame as it is a great sprint track but if you've ever been there it is falling behind in its buildings and facilites. So it'll be closing down this year and will be bulldosed. The owner of the land is hoping to build a new Oran Park literally over the road from the track site but obviously that will be only approved when local government and certain environmental agencys give it the green light which could take at least 3-5 years.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=19003

So in the mean time this is what they have up there sleave for 2007 +. I have seen the proposed track in Julys edition of Motor magizine and it looks simply unreal, lots of fast straights etc. The track is in a perfect location as it is right near a large train station, the tarmac is very nice and if it is held during summer time would be good for tyre/track temps as the place is like one big conduction oven! With all the tiling, roads and metal buildings and structures etc etc.

I know this is V8's and all but i think this would be out of this world. It would be great for the area's local economy and is a fantastic way to show off the Olympic Park venue in another sporting format.

Tell us what you think.

Bring it on i say!

Hethro

aimre
04-08-2006, 12:26 AM
sounds sik... id go

dc2typ35r
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Id go too! Close and convenient.

Anyone got link to proposed track?

or post a pic.

DreadAngel
04-08-2006, 03:07 PM
I'd love it, but it would be even better with some GT cars going at it haha

amurray
04-08-2006, 03:27 PM
yea would be great to see... but even better if they could get a couple of race preped Type Rs or some GTR race cars out there...

but i always love seeing race cars on the street... there is just somthing about it

tseesinngwailo
04-08-2006, 03:30 PM
JGTC at Homebush, how sik would that be?? I would rather go see that than the V8's, i lost my respect for them a long time ago, it's soo American, bring on the JDM forces!

LUD02C
06-08-2006, 08:51 PM
The proposed track was in the Telegraph the other day.
You should check there webpage.

This is what happens when you have a Premier who likes sports and cars.
Unlike the ***wit Carr or the new Liberal guy Debham.(sp)

They reckon over 250,000 people over the weekend...
I just wish they held the Le Mans there but no, stupid tree frog might of got hurt.

JDM.Power
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
im going for sure, if its a street race.
i would love to see sydney hold a street race, like monaco for F1