PDA

View Full Version : Driver window - not closing

MKI4EVA
04-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Anyone out there with this problem?

The window goes up and down several times before it fully closes and stays in the closed position.

Dam first generations!!!!

cheers.

CRXer
04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Does it go up & down by itself before it will close or do you have to run it up & down to get it fully closed?

If it does it by itself then switch prob needs to have all the gunk cleaned out of it or its fighting with an aftermarket alarm system for control of the window.

If you have to run it up & down to close then the pulser circuit in the motor that tells the auto up when to stop is fuggered.Fairly sure you have to replace whole motor to fix the pulser.You also need an analogue meter(needle type) to test the pulsers operation,with 12V applied to the motor terminals(plug disconnected) the pulser terminals should oscillate the meter needle when the motor is running.Do not overrun the motor past window open or closed.

MKI4EVA
04-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Does it go up & down by itself before it will close or do you have to run it up & down to get it fully closed?

If it does it by itself then switch prob needs to have all the gunk cleaned out of it or its fighting with an aftermarket alarm system for control of the window.

If you have to run it up & down to close then the pulser circuit in the motor that tells the auto up when to stop is fuggered.Fairly sure you have to replace whole motor to fix the pulser.You also need an analogue meter(needle type) to test the pulsers operation,with 12V applied to the motor terminals(plug disconnected) the pulser terminals should oscillate the meter needle when the motor is running.Do not overrun the motor past window open or closed.

thanks, but dam........I'm not keen on openning up a 5 month old new civic.

[ricer]
04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
warranty duh... :)

Tigger
04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah i've had this happen twice to me... I wanna take it in but i was worried the dealer was gonna look at me funny coz its only happened twice in the last 6 months!

The drivers window goes up and then about an inch from closing it drops all the way back down again! Grrrrr.... the first time it happened i think i tried to close it over 30 times before it finally decided by itself that it would shut!

Thats it, back to the dealer tomorrow!

CRXer
04-08-2006, 09:09 PM
5 month old Honda???

Sorry dude,I didnt know what a MKI Honda eater was.I assumed you had something with tired old pwr windows like mine.

Possibly something electronic wrong with yours,dont they have post ignition timers & stuff like that these days.Possibly even got safety clutches also,which could be set too low........I dont know......ol' skooler here.....

06-08-2006, 02:18 AM
could be the window regulator... hmmm, possibly motor

yeehou
06-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey, I got this problem as well, it happened three days ago, when I try to close the driver seat power window, it shuts and open by itself (halfway)

blk05gli
06-08-2006, 08:54 PM
i have the same problem with my 05 gli - took it to honda, could not recreate the problem, but it shits me as it only happens now and then, like this afternoon.

blk05gli
06-08-2006, 08:56 PM
...this never happens with my EK, maybe thai vs japan build QC?

Qwooootz
06-08-2006, 11:20 PM
do you think its the motor or the rubber?

if its the rubber try spraying SONAX dash spray within the rubber tried it on mind works fine, havnt had a problem in a year, also try re-aligning the interior door panel, i remember mine wasnt aligned right and when i did that window worked fine..!

goodluck

MKI4EVA
07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
hey guys do you want to meet up together and go to the dealership together?..........hahhahaha

I'll happen more often if not already guys..........

annoying.......

MKI4EVA
07-08-2006, 01:43 PM
...this never happens with my EK, maybe thai vs japan build QC?

for sure..............

i have a feeling the civics will fall apart in a few years........

engine bay making sweakey pulley noises already.

SINISTR
07-08-2006, 01:54 PM
first gen crx? the windows won't be electric!

Whispaa
10-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Got that problem here as well, going to get it checked out on the next service in a couple of weeks.

Anyone got the problem fixed yet?

Adam22
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
i had this problem, went back and saw the dealer, They sprayed silicon on the seals and my windows now work. i have tint they said that was the problem because it was the slight bit thicker.

blk05gli
12-08-2006, 08:21 PM
thats what i was told, plus my tint is now starting to peel drivers window top right hand side........no a fault of honda though, hehehe.