PDA

View Full Version : Euro MT Sports Pedal

wolfdude
05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi all,

Sorry to be bringing this subject up again...

Are any of you out there frustrated that we can't seem to get a genuine Honda MT sports pedal for the Euro? I've checked with a few dealers here around Melbourne but none of them seem to import these in. That got me to searching on the Internet for places where one can get these and found a few sites in the USA. But the pedals are for the Acura TSX and needs some modifications in order to be installed properly into the Euro (like the dead pedal/foot rest piece).

Now... I'm wondering if it would make sense if some of us who really wanted the pedals to actually get together for a group buy (have not decided which site yet) to import from the US to get better discount and shipping rates. Once we get the pedals, we can all have them installed together as there may be special tools (like rivetting) and techniques required. I guess we'll all learn more when we get together to install them as well as to help each other out.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea...

Cheers.

curik
05-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Absolutely brilliant wolfie! Instead of GB from the US why not GB directly from Honda japan? That really should cut down costs.

PNR888
05-08-2006, 07:53 PM
After 65000km, the rubber cover on my clutch pedal actually worn thru to the metal. So I replaced it with a "Razo" carbon fibre pedal as a temporary measure. Genuine Honda metal pedals with rubber studs will be nice (and make the car legal too).

aaronng
05-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Don't get the one for the TSX as the foot rest is a different shape being a LHD car. Best is to do what the peeps at the US have been doing before the proper pedals came out. They bought their pedals from Japan. JDM EuroR CL7 pedals. Of course, to fit on a TSX, they had to install the foot rest upside down. On the Euro, it is a perfect fit.

curik
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Blackie lets do a GB for Cl7 Euro-R pedals! It will be called: The Euro-R Pedalsim

aaronng
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Group buys are not allowed on Ozhonda.

Go to a place that does mods, and get them to order it in. I know someone who has ordered it in through a Sydney mod shop and it cost him $300-ish.

curik
05-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Gb is not allowed!! Sif, Acurazine always do Gb and all their members are happy. Black cat, since honda dealers have the AT pedals, technically it is possible to get the MT? The AT pedals are $200 RRP, which means $300 for MT is not feasible.

aaronng
06-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Gb is not allowed!! Sif, Acurazine always do Gb and all their members are happy. Black cat, since honda dealers have the AT pedals, technically it is possible to get the MT? The AT pedals are $200 RRP, which means $300 for MT is not feasible.
It's fine at Acurazine... but not here. I've tried asking the dealers for MT pedals but no. Someone else got me a quote for the dealer to actually order them from Honda japan specially... AU$550...........................................

So get them at a mod shop. $300. It's $300 here in Sydney included installation.

euro77
06-08-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm sure our traders can get them imported from Japan? If not, then JapanParts.com usually can, it's just that you have to know the exact parts number.

aaronng
06-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Foot Rest pedal: 46992-S6M-R00
Brake+Clutch pedal: 46545-SEA-R01 (need 2 of these)
Accelerator pedal: 17800-SEA-R01

Atjo
06-08-2006, 09:27 AM
If you are in melbourne go to motorware (www.motorware.com.au (http://www.motorware.com.au)). Last time i bought it for $300. I think it'll be cheaper if you GB from them. This is the pic:

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/1098/mugenendut102zq.jpg

curik
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Atjo, last time we met at RE Customs for the photoshoot. It's not a good idea to reveal someone's identity here though.

Atjo
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Haha, last time we met at RE Custom for the photoshoot! It's not a good idea to reveal someone's identity here though
Sorry, it's been edited though :)

wolfdude
06-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedbacks... so from what I understand, we should avoid the Acura TSX pedals as they're meant for LHD and focus on the Euro Type R CL7 pedals from Japan.

But the problem with importing from Japan is that it could cost way more than what most would be willing to pay for it. I think if it was around the $200-$280(?) mark, it would be more feasible.

I had a look at the motorware website and they have the Euro Type R with rubber pedals for A$45 !!! Check out :-

http://www.motorware.com.au/www/web2/products-main.asp?category_id=20&subcategorystatus=no

I suspect that's not genuine Honda but will call them next week to check anyway.

Aarong & Atjo, did you guys installed the pedals yourself or had the shop do it? If you DIY, was there any "special" techniques required or was it pretty straight-forward & simple?

Thanks.

Atjo
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
The one that you see is not euro-r pedal and you need to drill the accelerator pedal to the stock accelerator pedal. You don't wanna do that do you. They installed it for me last time. For the foot rest it's just direct replacement. For clutch & brake pedal you need to drill holes for the bolts. For the accelerator it's a complete system replacement & that's the hardest to take out.

curik
06-08-2006, 05:46 PM
So if it costs $300 fitted, if you DIY and GB $200 ish should be achievable. I'm in for 1

wolfdude
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Alright... lemme first go search for suppliers of the Euro Type R CL7 MT pedals and their prices locally & on the Net.. will report back with results soon..

curik
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyway just for a reference $250 is about right since the AT cost $200 at dealers. The extra $50 is for the extra footrest and clutch in the MT

my_vtec77
07-08-2006, 09:43 AM
If you are in melbourne go to motorware (www.motorware.com.au (http://www.motorware.com.au)). Last time i bought it for $300. I think it'll be cheaper if you GB from them. This is the pic:

Hi Atjo, where did you buy your door step thing and how much r they? Looks cool:thumbsup: Does it have light?

kitbkk
07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
I bought my Euro R pedals for manual from Motorware as Atjo suggested. They charged me $350 fitted. Today in my mailbox, Jonh Blair Honda sent me a flyer, they are having Euro R pedals for auto for $250 not sure whether its fitted or not. Also the Sports model's rims (17" 5 spokes) are for sale 1300 mark.

aaronng
07-08-2006, 02:28 PM
I bought my Euro R pedals for manual from Motorware as Atjo suggested. They charged me $350 fitted. Today in my mailbox, Jonh Blair Honda sent me a flyer, they are having Euro R pedals for auto for $250 not sure whether its fitted or not. Also the Sports model's rims (17" 5 spokes) are for sale 1300 mark.
Don't worry. Honda dealers here are not able to order in the manual version of the EuroR pedals. Specially ordered, they want over $500.

wolfdude
07-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi,

Just checked with Motorware and they're charging A$350 for the MT pedals. Seems like they're the only ones who have em currently. Will look for others...

Atjo
07-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi,

Just checked with Motorware and they're charging A$350 for the MT pedals. Seems like they're the only ones who have em currently. Will look for others...
I just from motorware this evening and he told me that you called asking about the pedals. Last time i was offered $350 fitted as well or $330 not fitted. I think i got $300 fitted because i also bought something else from them :). Try revzone (www.revzone.com.au (http://www.revzone.com.au)) if they can import it from japan cause i know they can import genuine mugen parts from japan.

wolfdude
07-08-2006, 07:27 PM
I just from motorware this evening and he told me that you called asking about the pedals. Last time i was offered $350 fitted as well or $330 not fitted. I think i got $300 fitted because i also bought something else from them :). Try revzone (www.revzone.com.au (http://www.revzone.com.au)) if they can import it from japan cause i know they can import genuine mugen parts from japan.

Ho ho Atjo... u must be a regular there.. maybe you have more bargaining power than me ;) Tell em we can organize a GB and see what's the best they can do.

curik
07-08-2006, 08:05 PM
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=604715#post604715

Costs less than AU100, and maybe as good as the $300 EuroR pedals

Peekay34
07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I got my pedals through Astoria Honda (through my father in law who is in the trade). Some of the pedals and I think the foot rest are the same as the DC5 integra and are freely available. The only pedal that is not is the Accelerator. But they got them as long as the part numbers are supplied to them. And if not you could by the AT kit then just get the DC5 Brake and Clutch pedals seperatly. Those pedals that autovation sell look pretty average compared to the Honda units ...my opnion.

kitbkk
07-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Just want to add that JDM EURO R pedals are really sliperry after you have stept in to some water compared to the stock pedals (IN MY OPINION). Dunno about those autovation ones as they have less part that this rubber so they might be more slipperry when wet?

wolfdude
07-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Peekay34, I did call the Astoria parts dept but they told me they don't import the MT pedals and they only have the AT pedals.

Curik, those autovation pedals doesn't look like they have enough rubber to be legal!! Are you sure you wanna get them?

curik
07-08-2006, 10:15 PM
there are 3 types right? I think the 2nd might be quite grippy. Its this one, but the gas pedal will also have to have grids or else it will be slippery as you said :)
http://www.autovation.net/new_products/grid-detail.jpg

BusterSonic12
07-08-2006, 10:26 PM
i want that silver door sills... Accord Euro...
where can i get that??

wolfdude
07-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Curik, hmm... looks like the Autovation's pedal installation requires drilling.. I'm not comfortable with this process... I still think the Euro R ones are the best. I'll still look around for them in any case and let you all know...

aaronng
07-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Just want to add that JDM EURO R pedals are really sliperry after you have stept in to some water compared to the stock pedals (IN MY OPINION). Dunno about those autovation ones as they have less part that this rubber so they might be more slipperry when wet?
:thumbsup: Yup, that's why metal pedals without rubber are defectable.

curik
07-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Curik, hmm... looks like the Autovation's pedal installation requires drilling.. I'm not comfortable with this process... I still think the Euro R ones are the best. I'll still look around for them in any case and let you all know...

Dont you need to drill the pedals for the Euro R as well?

Atjo
08-08-2006, 07:02 AM
where can i get that??

Hi Atjo, where did you buy your door step thing and how much r they? Looks cool:thumbsup: Does it have light?

You can buy it from the dealer cause i got it from them. I don't know how much are they cause i got it free :) They don't have light. If you look on the ebay they have door sills with lights for US accord but only the driver & front passenger side that will fit to euro.

Atjo
08-08-2006, 07:09 AM
You still need to drill holes for the brake & clutch pedals cause they are bolt on not just clip on. Also the autovation pedals not good at all cause you need to drill the accelerator pedal into the stock accelerator pedal. For euro-r it's a complete replacement.

kitbkk
08-08-2006, 08:41 AM
You can buy it from the dealer cause i got it from them. I don't know how much are they cause i got it free :) They don't have light. If you look on the ebay they have door sills with lights for US accord but only the driver & front passenger side that will fit.
I saw John Blair Honda was selling them too, a set is about 200+

wolfdude
08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Dont you need to drill the pedals for the Euro R as well?

You're right... guess we can't escape from that... BTW I've found a source in Japan who can export the genuine parts for about 21,241 Yen which equates to approx A$241 and this includes shipping!

Accord Euro R CL7
17800-SEA-R01 Accelerator Pedal
46545-SEA-R01 Brake and Clutch pedal pads
46992-S6M-R00 Fool rest pads
Shipping cost

Does the part number look correct to you? Still have some questions on payment terms, bulk shipping, etc...

Cheers.

aaronng
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Yup, the numbers look right.

enkay
08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
o that sounds good

mugen88
08-08-2006, 02:44 PM
You're right... guess we can't escape from that... BTW I've found a source in Japan who can export the genuine parts for about 21,241 Yen which equates to approx A$241 and this includes shipping!

Accord Euro R CL7
17800-SEA-R01 Accelerator Pedal
46545-SEA-R01 Brake and Clutch pedal pads
46992-S6M-R00 Fool rest pads
Shipping cost

Does the part number look correct to you? Still have some questions on payment terms, bulk shipping, etc...

Cheers.

Wolfdude, great work count me in.

kitbkk
08-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Go for it guys, best deals eva!!!yeah wolfdude, your the man:p

Pumped
08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
where can i get that??

I got the same door sills from
http://www.burgdesign.com.au/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=55_59&products_id=1255

I might be interested if your going to order pedals in bulk, got pics of the exact pedals?
Thanks

wolfdude
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Wolfdude, great work count me in.

Alright guys... looks like this dude in Japan has the best deal I can find around... Check out his website (nothing fancy really) :-

http://www.j-garage.com/

Unfortunately, there's no discount for bulk buying :(

I see 2 options here...

1) Whoever is interested, just e-mail him directly with the part numbers and he'll provide you with the details on how to purchase.

2) We can purchase as a group to save on shipping charges but have to ensure we don't exceed A$1000 in value or it'll attract custom duties & GST.

Payment is via credit card (I don't have the details of it yet) and we have to fax some form of ID to him apparently its a requirement from the Japanese government.

So what's it gonna be... If no one's interested in option (2), then I'll proceed with my purchase soon. If someone is, then PM me so I can organise it.

Let me know if you guys have any other opinions on this. Think we can trust this dude? (in fact... can you trust me ;) ;) )

Cheers.

Atjo
08-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I've seen this website before. I can't find the list of parts for sale.

maracer
08-08-2006, 07:34 PM
wolfdude,
this is what i got from j-garage.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46249&highlight=foot
Not cheap, only the best will do genuine honda:thumbsup:

euro77
08-08-2006, 07:37 PM
No group buy is allowed in post

aaronng
08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
No group buys here, so keep your communication to PM (or msn) and good luck ;)

wolfdude
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Atjo, he doesn't have the part listed on his website but he is able to get it as I've e-mailed him and he sent me the correct part number.

Maracer, love them DC5R pedals... how was your experience dealing with j-garage? any issues or complaints/compliments?

And yes... I get the message... NO group buys... so we'll keep it off the post if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

curik
08-08-2006, 08:46 PM
This j-garage is wicked! Maybe I can order the Euro-R Instrument Cluster from them as well.

maracer
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
The only thing is freight is high, but it’s the only way to get what you really want.
They are great to deal with. Every good thimg comes with a price, it's a HONDA not an Hyundai!

curik
25-08-2006, 08:32 PM
So.... when are we gonna order the pedals?

wolfdude
25-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for not updating you guys earlier, but here's the status...

I've placed order for the parts & paid j-garage (21241 yen or A$241) on Aug 14. As this is the first time I'm dealing with him, I'm just being cautious and didn't want to get other people involved in a GB.

He replied and told me he'd sent the parts via EMS on Aug 22 and would take approx 10 days to arrive. Its now just a waiting game until the parts arrive. I initially wanted to wait till the parts arrive before updating you all but since it has been awhile and some of you may be eager to know the outcome, I've posted this update anyway.

As mentioned, j-garage doesn't offer any discount for GB so if my experience with him is good, I think you guys can get the pedals from him directly as I did.

Ok... let you guys know once it arrives.

Cheers.

aaronng
26-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the info. Let us know when it arrives. $241 is a very good price. To get a shop to bring it in for you, you're looking at about $300.

yfin
26-08-2006, 01:39 AM
How much of the $241 is shipping? Thinking about picking up a set in Asia assuming they are available (eg Singapore).

wolfdude
26-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Hi yfin,

This was what he quoted me :-

17800-SEA-R01 Accelerator Pedal : 4800yen
46545-SEA-R01 Brake and Clutch pedal pads : 2040yen x2 = 4080yen
46992-S6M-R00 Fool rest pads : 6600yen
Shipping cost : 4750yen
5% of commission : 1011yen
TOTAL : 21241yen

Cheers.

yfin
26-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Wow - so $185 AUD without shipping. :thumbsup:

Lets see how I go in Singapore - CL7s there but prices will probably be higher.

curik
26-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I love you guys!! Please count me in Lara or dudewolf!

Onrmnd
28-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure i got the same pedal package for an auto from the honda dealer. It looks exactly the same. They supplied and fitted them for $226.00. The rest pedal is pop rivited in as you mention in the thread. and they look exactly as the pics on previous pages.

mugen88
28-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure i got the same pedal package for an auto from the honda dealer. It looks exactly the same. They supplied and fitted them for $226.00. The rest pedal is pop rivited in as you mention in the thread. and they look exactly as the pics on previous pages.

Which Honda dealer in Melb?

Have u got pics of yours?

yfin
28-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Yep, see post #21 - it is auto only at the moment around that price. The manual is a special order and much more expensive through the dealer.

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/resources/image/4686bb0095b58a80/car_euroaccess16.jpg

Onrmnd
28-08-2006, 08:20 PM
yeah those are the pedals, i got them from westside honda in hoppers crossing. Trudi is the lady i spoke to, she deals with all the mods they do. Come to think of it your right i only seen the auto pedals in the mag she had. so i guess it has to be by mail order for the manual pedals.

wolfdude
29-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi all,

More updates....

The pedals arrived from Japan yesterday but I wasn't home to receive it. That's pretty fast delivery considering it was shipped on 22/08 which means it took just 6 days. At this point, j-garage's looking to be a gem... I'll only have time to go get em tomorrow so will update y'all and maybe post some pics.

Cheers!

aaronng
29-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Nice. Let us know what is included in the package. Is it just the pedals or the entire assembly?

wolfdude
30-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi all,

I finally went to pickup the pedals today! Awesome stuff... Here's what's included :-

17800-SEA-R01 Accelerator Pedal & assembly
46545-SEA-R01 Brake and Clutch pedal pads with 3 rivets each
46992-S6M-R00 Fool rest pads (clip on)

No instruction manual on how to fit them but I think others have already done this before & shouldn't be an issue googling for it. All items were padded (with newspaper!) to protect from scratches during transport which was very thoughtful of him.

I highly recommend getting them from J's Garage unless you can find it cheaper elsewhere. The whole transaction process went smoothly and without any issues.

Can't wait to have em installed!!

Cheers!

mugen88
30-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Good to hear and thanks for keeping us updated.

mugen88
19-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

I finally went to pickup the pedals today! Awesome stuff... Here's what's included :-

No instruction manual on how to fit them but I think others have already done this before & shouldn't be an issue googling for it. All items were padded (with newspaper!) to protect from scratches during transport which was very thoughtful of him.

I highly recommend getting them from J's Garage unless you can find it cheaper elsewhere. The whole transaction process went smoothly and without any issues.

Cheers!

How did this install go any pics of the whole assembly?

tony1234
19-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi all,

Cheers!
Sounds good.How much $$$?Have you got J's Garage details?Thanks.:wave:

wolfdude
19-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

I've submitted a DIY article for the pedal installation. Hopefully it gets approved & you'll see it there soon.

J's Garage website is at www.j-garage.com

Cheers.

wolfdude
19-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay... the DIY along with pics can be found at :-

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52314

Enjoy!

aaronng
19-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Top stuff. And your detailed DIY really takes away any fear of anything going wrong when installing. :thumbsup:

tony1234
20-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Okay... the DIY along with pics can be found at :-

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52314

Enjoy!
Excellent DIY.Makes my want to go and order some ASAP.How much$$$$.....Thanks.

wolfdude
20-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Tony,

I got my pedals directly from Japan for A$241 (check this thread for details). However, I've been informed that another of our member (MrHeeltoe) is able to provide the same but from the US of A. You may want to PM him directly.

Cheers.

tony1234
20-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Tony,

I got my pedals directly from Japan for A$241 (check this thread for details). However, I've been informed that another of our member (MrHeeltoe) is able to provide the same but from the US of A. You may want to PM him directly.

Cheers.
Thanks 4 the info.

Crapdaz
15-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Zombie awakes,

I wanted to ask you guys, i find the accelerator pedal atm, the spring feels really spongy/soft, Is it possible to change the spring on it to make it a bit harder on the assembly?

tron07
15-08-2008, 09:28 AM
mine squeeks slightly... anyone got some lube to spare?

aaronng
15-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Zombie awakes,

I wanted to ask you guys, i find the accelerator pedal atm, the spring feels really spongy/soft, Is it possible to change the spring on it to make it a bit harder on the assembly?

If the spring is in the pedal assembly, of course. If the spring is in the potentiometer (black box in the engine bay next to the left strut top), then it is more difficult.

ms700
15-08-2008, 06:50 PM
From what i can tell so far, the CU manual sports pedal kit will fit the CL's.

As for the spring in the pedal, sorry, got nfi!