PDA

View Full Version : which cat is better OEM ITR vs Xforce 2.5"

sydteg21
05-08-2006, 09:17 PM
cheers ..............

CRXer
05-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I'd personally stick with the ITR cat....

But read this (http://www.metalcat.com.au/) anyway & make up your own mind............

Q_ball
06-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Depends for what car and the purpose of ur car.
Be more specific man!
2.5" allows a better top end, better suited for the track, where as 2.25" is better down low, best for city/daily driving.
Do a search also, this has been covered in the past!

Moved to noob forum for vagueness.

[[d a n n y]]
07-08-2006, 03:02 PM
2.5" cat!!!!!

Limbo
07-08-2006, 03:54 PM
if you get the high-flow ones yes the X-force one will out perform the OEM cat.

dsp26
07-08-2006, 07:42 PM
^^^man i'm tempted with the metal cat you pointed out.... just can't justify ~$400ish on top of redo-ing half my exhaust system.

i'm gonna give this a try soon..... can always go on the mrs car if i don't like it and get the metal one :D

sydteg21: make sure you don't have any A/F issues prior to getting a new CAT... no point getting cheap ceramic one like the x-force if your just gonna blow it all out within a month of getting it coz you were running rich or something. my advice is to get a dyno run prior to changing cat!!! :thumbsup:

CRXer
07-08-2006, 07:59 PM
^^^man i'm tempted with the metal cat you pointed out.... just can't justify ~$400ish on top of redo-ing half my exhaust system.

i'm gonna give this a try soon..... can always go on the mrs car if i don't like it and get the metal one :D

sydteg21: make sure you don't have any A/F issues prior to getting a new CAT... no point getting cheap ceramic one like the x-force if your just gonna blow it all out within a month of getting it coz you were running rich or something. my advice is to get a dyno run prior to changing cat!!! :thumbsup:

Gettin my metalcat delivered this week for $319 + postage.

But better hurry,they are changing st.steel supplier soon & wont be available for a few months after.

dsp26
07-08-2006, 08:07 PM
^^DAMN!!!!!!!!! hope the offer stays till pay day... damn monthly :(

however checking th site in your post below:

I'd personally stick with the ITR cat....

But read this (http://www.metalcat.com.au/) anyway & make up your own mind............

"Please also note we are happy to be tested against ANY cat in the marketplace . There has been a flux of outrageous figures claimed with companies not stating what the maximum flow rate on the flow bench is set at. These 'brands' are quoting figures to look good and fool the end user. This is especially holds true to the Magic and 'Xforce'Chinese illegal cats. We encourage you to 'TRY" find the CA stamp on the body of their catalytic converter. You won't as it does not exist, as they are ILLEGAL. Why not as an exercize call them and ask them to fax you through their EPA/CARB/Euro test results from factory? And finally , these companies are quoting cfm figures without what the bench flowrate was set at. Why do they find it necessary to lie? The answer is simple, they have an inferior product."

um what the...?!?! this true their not ADR certified??? so... if i had one and i was sent to pits... i could be fined to the equivalent or lesser amount of NOT having a cat?!?!

CRXer
07-08-2006, 10:07 PM
^^DAMN!!!!!!!!! hope the offer stays till pay day... damn monthly :(

however checking th site in your post below:

"Please also note we are happy to be tested against ANY cat in the marketplace . There has been a flux of outrageous figures claimed with companies not stating what the maximum flow rate on the flow bench is set at. These 'brands' are quoting figures to look good and fool the end user. This is especially holds true to the Magic and 'Xforce'Chinese illegal cats. We encourage you to 'TRY" find the CA stamp on the body of their catalytic converter. You won't as it does not exist, as they are ILLEGAL. Why not as an exercize call them and ask them to fax you through their EPA/CARB/Euro test results from factory? And finally , these companies are quoting cfm figures without what the bench flowrate was set at. Why do they find it necessary to lie? The answer is simple, they have an inferior product."

um what the...?!?! this true their not ADR certified??? so... if i had one and i was sent to pits... i could be fined to the equivalent or lesser amount of NOT having a cat?!?!

I dont know,but it caught my attention as well.
Could be just marketing hype.....but it hyped me anyway......
Would be interesting to find out,I just cbf,to many other things to do.

Ive heard the metalcats look slightly inferior to the xforce due to welding quality ,etc. But that doesnt concern me as much as the flow figures do.
The metalcats go on back order fairly quickly & regularly,so I guess that says something.

I guess there would have to be some responsibility thrown back on the supplier/fitter if u were caught,but I'm sure it wouldnt be as bad as gettin done with another well known brand,the "empty" cat or "accidentally dropped" cat.At the end of the day if i was going xforce I'd get it professionally installed & safely store the receipt so they can take the rap.