PDA

View Full Version : d15b engine swap into ek cxi

spacepants_fb
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi there guys. In regards to a d16y4 swap to a d15b, is this a good idea? The reason why I ask this is that my d16y4 is running with relatively high kms and a d15b is being sold with relatively low kms. Looking to maybe going down the forced induction track later on. Will a stock d15b run better than a stock d16y4 (with the d15b, even though it is a lesser capacity engine, being a vtec)? And will there be any issues since I will be placing an older engine into a newer chassis? Thanks for any info.:thumbsup:

|N|
06-08-2006, 12:53 PM
but u can only put engine that is newer then ur car...

regardless of that.. i dun think its a good idea... how many km s has it done...

*loooks at my sig*

spacepants_fb
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Hahaha...I did consider ur engine Nick...and still am:D So I can't get an older engine and put it in a newer chassis?

but u can only put engine that is newer then ur car...

regardless of that.. i dun think its a good idea... how many km s has it done...

*loooks at my sig*

NeRV
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Just get a D16Y8 buddy... they are fairly cheap and most likely the shape and condition of the engine would be good since its newer... also its obd2 so you wont have any problems with wiring...

|N|
06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Hahaha...I did consider ur engine Nick...and still am:D So I can't get an older engine and put it in a newer chassis?

u cant... unless u do a dodgy .. but i woulndt recommand that....
wat yr is the car tho??
is this ur car?

edit: mine is obd1 as well... 99 model. has everything u ll need
:)

P.S. i think if u where to swap eninge... would be a wiser option to get something better lke b series or sth ... unless u not after performance... if u want someone to do the swap it for cheap... i can also give u a number to contact....

spacepants_fb
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Yes, it's for my car. It's a 97 cxi...how much is a d16y8 going for nowadays neway?...looking for the best vtec variant of a dseries engine...

|N|
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Yes, it's for my car. It's a 97 cxi...how much is a d16y8 going for nowadays neway?...looking for the best vtec variant of a dseries engine...

give wreckers a call fern....

but make sure the engine is newer then ur car ...

spacepants_fb
06-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Will do Nick. And when I find an engine, I'll give you a ring so ic an get the details of the guy you know who can install it. :D

Mugen_B16B
06-08-2006, 03:16 PM
i agree with nick there, get a b series, if u dont have enough then just keep saving cause honda engines can last awhile, thats wat ive been doin

bennjamin
06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
This is illegal in two ways -

1. you cannot put a engine registered to a earlier chassis into your car
2. You cannot put a carbied engine/system into a EFI chassis.

Research either a new CXi engine , or get a B series transplant.

[[d a n n y]]
06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
This is illegal in two ways -

1. you cannot put a engine registered to a earlier chassis into your car
2. You cannot put a carbied engine/system into a EFI chassis.

Research either a new CXi engine , or get a B series transplant.
ben D15 is the JDM SOHC VTEC motor i think??

bennjamin
06-08-2006, 09:08 PM
]']ben D15 is the JDM SOHC VTEC motor i think??

Sorry , i didnt read the entire post *slaps self* I was thinking of the dual carb. Still , its illegal to put a EG engine into your EK.