PDA

View Full Version : Brake Warning Light - HELP

scott1e
06-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Howdy,

Just last night I was heading up Silverwater Rd, admittedly I was going a bit fast, and as such, breaking quite heavily at times.. Anyway all of a sudden a number of lights came on on my dash..

1. The parking brake light came on, though my parking brake was obviously not on, but the light stayed on.

2. The 'Brake Lamp' light came on and stayed on

I thought these lights might go away after a reset of the car but no such luck..

I checked the manual and said if they come on at any other time than starting the car to check the level of braking fluid, which I did straight away but the fluid was full.. and wasnt a weird color or anything..

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my problem might be? Or how to get rid of the lights (assuming theres nothing wrong).
My next bet is to head up to the mechanics but id rather get some more specific advice from Honda people :0

Cheers,
Scott

SHIFTY
06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
What kind of Honda ?

Did ure ABS lights go on aswell ( it usaully orange light ) [if ur car is equiped with ABS ] ?

Where u using handbrake when driving at all ?

This 1 may seem stupid ( lol ) but was the road bumpy ?

[ but my diagnoses is prob a fuse, if everything is running fine and just the lightes are on ]

mr_mojo02
06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
check the globes in your brake lights and tail lights mate. You may find a dead globe in there.

scott1e
06-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Its a 90 Honda Accord..

CB7 Model..

And lights are working fine.. I was driving on smooth road and wasnt using the handbrake..

SHIFTY
06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
your best bet is just go to a lisenced mechanic... Just tell them exactly what you told us ;)

(it probably some wires are loose or a fuse)

Goodluck with the fix :thumbsup: