PDA

View Full Version : NNOOOB need URGENT Help

Arowana
07-08-2006, 07:07 PM
hi, i was playing around with my cd players wires....while its still running...

den it just switch off...den i can't start my car :( aaaaaaaaaaahhhh

wen i ttry to turn on the ignition..it the dash...clock..just flickers..(shakes)..

just wondering is there a short circuit somewheere...or fuse blow somewhere..or battery is dead????.....

PLEASE help...this Is URGEnt

EuroDude
07-08-2006, 07:15 PM
:eek: Check all the fuses in the fusebox under the bonnet (near the battery I assume) and also under the steering wheel. Hopefully you didnt short a positive wire to the chassis somewhere.
I would disconnect the battery and use a multimeter to check for shorts, for instance between the positive and negative battery terminals. Then remove the head unit and inspect the wiring for bad contacts and shorting. Replace dodgy electrical tape if any, and check your Amps wires (if you have one).

Arowana
07-08-2006, 07:17 PM
so its not the battery??...

there are so many fuses..i dont know if i can spot the one...(they are everywhere)

Arowana
07-08-2006, 07:19 PM
the dash just flickers....

i dont have a multimeter :(

just want to make sure that its not the battery that is dead is it?/

EuroDude
07-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Were you playing music for a long time while the engine was off?
That would drain the battery. If you are confident the cd player wires arent shorting then you can try jump starting the car.

But if the engine was running when it happened, then I doubt its the battery. There may be a short somewhere or a blown fuse.

If the engine was not running and the music was playing loud then suddenly stopped, that could indicate a blown fuse or short.
Usually the battery slowly dies out if you play music while the engine is off. The dash lights would slowly dim out.

Arowana
07-08-2006, 09:30 PM
car is working..now...

found out the fuse for cd is blown...and battery is dead...

but srs light is on..stays on even while im driving...is that normal???

EuroDude
07-08-2006, 10:05 PM
SRS Reset:
http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html

czy_sol87
08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
SRS Reset:
http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html
good work EuroDude +PQ points

Arowana
08-08-2006, 03:48 PM
EuroDude thanks for helping me out through all these bs....

yeh..car is running fine now..but yeh.the srs light still on i couldn't reset it because i couldn't pull out the yellow MES connector from the "dummy hareness"

took me like 2 hours..my fingers are now really sore :(

newais..i'll just run while the light is still on till i service my car..i'll get them to do it all in one go.

EuroDude
08-08-2006, 03:51 PM
lol those honda clips are a btch sometimes, try pushing the side-clip thing in on the connector then pull the conector out. Sometimes jamming a pocketknife in the side helps.

dc2dc2dc2
08-08-2006, 03:51 PM
good work mr. euro

Honda Enthusiast
10-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I would take the battery out then install it back again! sometime it's thebattery... too flat... as you've left it parked with CD player running etc too long...try this!

Arowana
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
hmmm....i'll have to try again..nxt week...too busy atm work and school...

its not illegal to drive while srs light is still on is it???

aaaaaaaahh..i really need to take this car out to get my Manual license in a week...hopefully they wont say anyfing about that light.

DreadAngel
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Dunno, the instructor will check to see if your car is roadworthy, I don't know if the SRS is counted as a roadworthiness item

Arowana
15-08-2006, 09:40 PM
HASHHAHAhHAhaha.....
just fixed it --man..im good..jkz

yeh..found out that the plug is not actually next to the fuses area...its actually higher up..

well yeh..thats where it is in my prelude 97..other cars might be at different places..

my prelude 97 have to yellow plugs that have two pins..the one that is right next to the fuses area..is infact the wrong one to use to reset the SRS..thats what i 've been trying to unplug...infact it was the wrong one.

SO YEH...thank you to OZhonda and everyone that have helped me out.

greatly appreciated.