PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Boston SL60's and Morel Elate 6's

funkdr
07-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey guys just want to hear your opinions on these 2 sets.

The Morels are the go for me atm but i want to have another listen to both.

Any comments would be great.

ICACHA
08-08-2006, 12:50 AM
so you want others opinions on those speakers?

what if i was to say that everyone hears different speakers differently, hence why we are called human? :)

Fr3aKi3
08-08-2006, 09:51 AM

what if i was to say that everyone hears different speakers differently, hence why we are called human? :)

We hear things differently?!?! and all this time i've been buying stuff magazines have been recommending.... lol

In all seriousness though, listen to them again while playing the same song as there's no point in listen to an instrumental on the Morel's and rock on the Boston's. It's a bit difficult to listen to the splits on even ground (same HU, same amp etc) but the less variables the better.

MY opinion on the Boston's are that they're a bit bright for my liking and thought that i'd probablly get sick of them after a long drive, that's why I got a set of MB Quart Reference's instead. As for the Morel's I havn't heard them yet so I can't make a comment. That is just my opinion and your's may be different as you might have different tastes than I do. As ICACHA eluded to, different people hears things different and have different opinions. So it's best to listen and judge for yourself and pick what you're happy with rather than buy something for brand value or simple because it's a better deal.

aka_NSX
08-08-2006, 10:27 AM
ICACHA N Fr3aki3 are CORRECT, trust your ear rather then ask too many ppl opinion ............

funkdr
08-08-2006, 07:16 PM

Oh yes definately i am not going to read reviews and opinions on speakers and go out and buy the one that most peopel like that would be stupid i have had a listen to both these sets and i am very much leanign towards the morels atm but i would still like to hear opinions is that a crime?:p